Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 02:37 PM

4 posts, read 6,124 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone. Me and family will be moving to the litchfield oak apartments in Pawleys island until we can find a home. I have been offered a full time job with georgetown county fire rescue. We are in our mid 20's with 2 children. We were wondering if anyone has any insight on the areas of Pawleys island and georgetown. All input will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2014, 03:51 PM

1,126 posts, read 1,721,125 times
Well, first read through some of the relocation posts of the last year or so...there have been a few folks wanting info about PI neighborhoods that are child-rich, which is what I think you are wanting to know. Your main concerns may have already been sufficiently addressed in one of these. Are you looking for a single family home? Have you been here previously or is this a leap-of-faith move?

Old 02-22-2014, 06:06 PM

Thank you for your response. I have done my research on these past forums. Me and my wife were down for a week for my interview process and loved it. My primary concern is that a lot of the pawleys island forums are people talking about spending $300,00-500,000 on homes and living very luxurious lifestyles. Unfortunately I am just a fireman lol and just looking for a simple 3br home in the $150,000 range. Is this achievable for PI, if not is the area of georgetown a decent area?

Old 02-22-2014, 10:37 PM

23 posts, read 33,739 times
great place you gonna love it couple friends who relocated from the north with no regrets

Old 02-24-2014, 07:07 AM

I think it will depend on whether or not you are interested in a single family dwelling or if a condo-style home will suit your needs. On the actual island, your price range is probably not achievable, but on the mainland side I believe it is...look at Rose Run...that is a new-ish development that may be in your range, and perhaps in Hagley Estates.
Realtors' input will be helpful, but for getting an idea of pricing a few hours looking over the Coastal Observer and Georgetown Tines' classified sections could help with determining what areas will fit your parameters. If Pawleys Island Rag is available onlne, that would be another resource for you to explore. I'd stay away from Craig's List due to the possibility of fraud- it does happen unfortunately.

Old 02-24-2014, 08:01 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,137,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHfiremedic View Post
Thank you for your response. I have done my research on these past forums. Me and my wife were down for a week for my interview process and loved it. My primary concern is that a lot of the pawleys island forums are people talking about spending $300,00-500,000 on homes and living very luxurious lifestyles. Unfortunately I am just a fireman lol and just looking for a simple 3br home in the $150,000 range. Is this achievable for PI, if not is the area of georgetown a decent area?
You'll find plenty in your range.

Yes, there are a lot of expensive homes, on the island they start at around a million, but there are just as many for working class families.

You going to work with a fantastic group of people! Enjoy!

Old 02-24-2014, 10:13 AM

Thanks for the input me and my family are very excited. We have been looking on zillow for homes and seems to be a lot of nice homes in our prince range on the western side of highway 17.

Old 02-24-2014, 02:02 PM

538 posts, read 1,009,441 times
You can always look in Murrells Inlet....it's a 5 minute drive to Pawleys, and some of MI is located in Georgetown county.

Old 02-24-2014, 03:43 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,031 posts, read 6,555,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC here I come View Post
You can always look in Murrells Inlet....it's a 5 minute drive to Pawleys, and some of MI is located in Georgetown county.
Acutally I believe that most of Murrells Inlet is Georgetown. Even though where we are (Park West) is in Horry, our post office is Georgetown and SC motor vehicles and other state agencies treat us as Georgetown. Last time I dialed 911 I was connected to the Georgetown emergency operator.

Old 02-24-2014, 04:05 PM

Trulia is another such resource, and I did find out that the pawleys island rag is available online as realestaterag.com
I did some looking around and you will surely be able to find something that works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area