Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 12:43 PM

39 posts, read 84,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
LOVED living in Market Common! Make sure you track down and introduce yourself to the unofficial mayor, Jim Parker!

Friday nights from 6-10, go see U-N-I featuring Lisa O'Reilly at Travinia. Lisa sings Jazz standards from the 1940s and 1950s and her voice will take you right back!

Introduce yourself to Matt Lewis the GM of PF Changs who is the nicest, sweetest person!

Don't miss Movies Under The Stars! Hatton Gravely does such a good job with all of the events and festivals at MC.

OMG the festivals!! There are great festivals and concerts all year long and it is so great to walk down to one and eat and drink maybe dance a little then walk home.

There is always something going on in Market Common, it is such a great community. I think you are really going to love living there!
Wow - thanks for all the info. It sounds wonderful! Now, I am getting a little excited. After the selling the house/moving out experience (and now having to wait until April to move in) - I am now just getting back to almost normal. I still have a lot of my business stuff to take care of, so I really haven't had a chance to feel any excitement - just recovery! LOL Thanks for the encouragement!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2014, 02:35 PM

638 posts, read 994,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moringa129 View Post
Hi Lover of Animals ~

We will be closing on our house in Emmens Preserve the end of April. We sold our house here in Maryland on the 24h of February but have to wait until the house is completed before moving south.

I had to close down my in-home photography studio because of this move - what a nightmare! I am still dealing with all my photography stuff. My personal stuff was manageable BUT the business stuff - YIKES!! So if you are planning on moving in a couple of years . . . start the purging process now!! LOL I am just now coming to this forum to check it out.

The real estate agent I called when we were down there in September to show us a place in Murrells Inlet turned out to be a wonderful choice. He was NOT pushy at all. I would recommend him - a very nice man. His name is Al Porter and he is with Coldwell Banker in Surfside Beach.

I wish I could have had a couple of years to prepare for this move but my husband wanted to move as soon as possible. I look forward to getting settle there and pray that we made the right choice!
Thanks for your response and the realtor recommendation. Wish you all the best on your move and new life! If you have time after you get settled in your new home,let me know how you're liking Emmens Preserve,Market Common and Myrtle Beach.

Old 04-07-2014, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lover of Animals View Post
Thanks for your response and the realtor recommendation. Wish you all the best on your move and new life! If you have time after you get settled in your new home,let me know how you're liking Emmens Preserve,Market Common and Myrtle Beach.
Will do! We will be closing on our house on the 29th of this month! YEAH! Even though we sold our house back in February, it has given me time to adjust from all that STRESS (and to finish up my a few clients) and to transition for our move south. We have been staying at my FIL's house, here in Maryland, while they are in Calabash until May - it all worked out. In fact, we are very comfortable. It's weird, I am not sad at all even though I wasn't ready to make this move yet. I wanted to wait a couple more years - but everything seems to be falling into place. I guess it was meant to be!

Old 04-07-2014, 02:48 PM

638 posts, read 994,203 times
Quote:
Will do! We will be closing on our house on the 29th of this month! YEAH! Even though we sold our house back in February, it has given me time to adjust from all that STRESS (and to finish up my a few clients) and to transition for our move south. We have been staying at my FIL's house, here in Maryland, while they are in Calabash until May - it all worked out. In fact, we are very comfortable. It's weird, I am not sad at all even though I wasn't ready to make this move yet. I wanted to wait a couple more years - but everything seems to be falling into place. I guess it was meant to be!
Thanks again and I'm so glad things are working out for you! If our plans work out, maybe we'll meet someday in Emmens Preserve!

Old 04-14-2014, 10:39 AM

1 posts, read 1,459 times
I jsut bought in sweetgrass and also looked into the old air base and found no reason to worry. I have friends in the area who absolutely love MC, hope we will too.

Old 04-14-2014, 02:42 PM

5,280 posts, read 6,216,195 times
What are the average $/square foot across the general Market Common area? I've have pretty much narrowed down to there and an area in Carolina Forest (for two different reasons.) The one thing that sticks out is that their is a pretty big difference in square foot costs between neighborhoods and even in the same developments. Its been really hard to get a grasp on that since the houses vary pretty greatly.

I'm not a fan of tract homes but am also leaning toward Emmons Preserve because the neighborhood has a great layout & the houses have decent layouts. I really wanted to like the homes in or closest to Market Common itself but they all seemed to have some major issue related to space or layout in my eyes.

Old 04-15-2014, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moreperf View Post
I jsut bought in sweetgrass and also looked into the old air base and found no reason to worry. I have friends in the area who absolutely love MC, hope we will too.
I really wanted to buy in sweetgrass but my husband didn't want to. Glad someone else was concerned about the air base. It really freaked me out momentarily when reading the clause in the buyer's contract. . . they wanted the signature and I wanted to research first . . . signed it anyways. Enjoy your new home in Market Commons!

Old 04-15-2014, 08:13 PM

13,374 posts, read 27,055,140 times
Quote:
I am about to press the send button for a contract on a home in the Market Commons area...... it is basically disclosing that there have been some areas of this Former Air Force Base Property that ay have been used for explosive ordnance detonation. . . . etc. My concern now is if there are any health related issues from other things that may be lurking in that area - in the water or soil, etc. that I should be aware of.
It means that there is a slim possibility that there is something still potentially explosive underground. I would not worry too much about it. There are parts of NW Washington DC where they have found shells from World War II. I believe the landowners called in the Army, and they removed the. The shells were probably too deteriorated to do any damage.

However, I would be cautious about digging up a garden.

Old 04-27-2014, 07:16 PM

9 posts, read 8,830 times
Quote:
Hello!

My first post here but I didn't not think it would be concerning this!

I am about to press the send button for a contract on a home in the Market Commons area. There is a section in it that I have some concerns with and was hoping someone could chime in here. I tried to copy and paste and won't but it is basically disclosing that there have been some areas of this Former Air Force Base Property that ay have been used for explosive ordnance detonation. . . . etc. My concern now is if there are any health related issues from other things that may be lurking in that area - in the water or soil, etc. that I should be aware of.

My husband just called the number in the contract and it has been disconnected! Not good!

Does anyone have family or friends who live in the Market Commons area that may have information that could help ease my concern? Thanks!
If I were to ever move back to Myrtle, market commons would be one of few places that could actually draw me back. You'll love it.

Old 05-28-2014, 12:40 PM

5,280 posts, read 6,216,195 times
How has the quality of the homes in Emmons Preserve been? I know you get what you get with tract homes but has anything stood out for the better or worse.

I looked through one in construction last week and it was a little like watching someone make sausage. I was thinking there was less framing than I would like but obviously they design the whole house as a system. A system engineered to use the least material possible for cost but a system that had to meet code none the less. Also- what are the typical yards like depth wise. I am fine with no side yard but looked at one with what I thought was a painfully small back yard. Are they all a similar or do some have even less yard than others?

I love the amenities in this neighborhood & being this close to Market Common but am a little nervous about yards & build quality. Any input would be appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area