Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2012, 10:43 AM

6 posts, read 11,671 times

Advertisements

I would like to move to the MB area. I want to rent for a while first. I am a single mom with a 9 year old son. How is the area in or around Market Commons? I love that area but not sure about schools and "family living". I want to find a place before school starts this fall. I am a Certified Medical Assistant, so maybe it won't be too hard to find work. I also do a lot of festivals and craft shows which bring a pretty good amount of income. I have also heard about "The Gates" which sounds like a nice place to live. Any info would be great!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2012, 03:56 PM

790 posts, read 1,620,754 times
Are you looking to rent a house or apt/condo/townhouse? The Gates is primarily single family homes...don't know how many rentals you'll find there but there may be a few. It is a very nice community. If your house is too close to Holmestown Road, you could get a little road noise.

Old 04-02-2012, 01:59 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,661,012 times
Only homes in the Gates. Maybe you could rent something in Seagate Village which is close to the Market Commons. Many are ranch duplexes.
Rents are not all that reasonable. I am just presuming, but I think rent at Market Commons might be
quite high. ( just because of that areas standards)

Old 04-03-2012, 04:27 PM

142 posts, read 363,297 times
Your 1st decision is do you want Myrtle Beach Schools which is what Market Commons area is and there are a number of rental opportunities there or outside the City limits which would put you at Socastee or Forestbrook schools out furthur on 707 you would be St James.

I would suggest not sending your child to MB.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:06 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,101,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary2beach View Post
Your 1st decision is do you want Myrtle Beach Schools which is what Market Commons area is and there are a number of rental opportunities there or outside the City limits which would put you at Socastee or Forestbrook schools out furthur on 707 you would be St James.

I would suggest not sending your child to MB.
I have many, many friends who have taught and still teach at MB Primary, Middle and High School and I am a product of these schools. Absolutely nothing wrong with them.

As a born and bred local, I am not a fan of Socastee. Forestbrook has okay areas.

I lived in Market Common for three years and LOVED it! I really thought I'd missing living on the beach (my husband and I sold our dream house on the fly and the GM of MC is one of my husband's former employees) and we really really enjoyed MC. In fact, when we moved out, there was a fight over our apartment.

As far as kids go, I think it would be a very positive experience because of all the kid based activities. I say go for it.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:47 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,661,012 times
Love my area of Socastee. It is quiet, and there are not any tourists in our development as rentals only go yearly.
So not only do we have a nice, tranquil location but we are not far from Ross, Kohls, Lowes, Lowes food, the new Target and a number of grocery stores.
I love having the lagoon behind my house and watching the ducks and turtles, plus the egrets.
There are some wonderful areas on 707 or off of Forestbrook Road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area