Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 06:21 PM

2 posts, read 2,557 times

Advertisements

I will be residing in the nmb area before long and would appreciate any suggestions on how to find
a good GP and internist. I do not mind traveling from the nmb area. My health is good with no specific
problems. I just need to find a good, caring , reputable doctor . any help or suggestions would be appreciated. thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2014, 07:37 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,772,984 times
Dr Hong, he is located near the backgate off 17 bypass. 843-293-5601

Old 01-14-2014, 08:13 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,669,591 times
People only rate doctors on this website if they are outstandingly good or terribly awful. Pick one of the top rated ones and you will probably find one you really love. You can also do a search on this website by last names, etc.

Doctor Search Results | RateMDs.com

Last edited by vrexy; 01-14-2014 at 09:13 AM..

Old 01-14-2014, 11:48 AM

790 posts, read 1,619,379 times
I use Dr. Jason Harrah and have been very satisfied with him. He's located at the end of Forestbrook where it intersects with Rt501.

Old 01-14-2014, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
People only rate doctors on this website if they are outstandingly good or terribly awful. Pick one of the top rated ones and you will probably find one you really love. You can also do a search on this website by last names, etc.

Doctor Search Results | RateMDs.com
I also use this site and others with ratings. Unfortunately they can be manipulated and I'd say at least 50% of the drs I went to with good rating were terrible and then others with so, so rating were very good. I wouldn't say still not read them but I wouldn't trust everything said.

Old 01-14-2014, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
I also use this site and others with ratings. Unfortunately they can be manipulated and I'd say at least 50% of the drs I went to with good rating were terrible and then others with so, so rating were very good. I wouldn't say still not read them but I wouldn't trust everything said.
Who manipulates them?

Old 01-15-2014, 08:21 AM

Anyone can manipulate a rating site just like they can manipulate on this site. For example; tripadvisor is great for restaurants, hotels etc...but 100% sure that owners of some of those businesses or their web person signs up fake accts and says good things. Then you have ppl who have one bad experience or perceive it to be because they are a pain in the butt and post a big long bad review. I know ppl do this on Angies List also but like I said, I use them to get an idea or see what ppl are saying, I just dont trust every review to be 100% accurate.

Old 01-15-2014, 03:17 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,096,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerndirection22 View Post
I will be residing in the nmb area before long and would appreciate any suggestions on how to find
a good GP and internist. I do not mind traveling from the nmb area. My health is good with no specific
problems. I just need to find a good, caring , reputable doctor . any help or suggestions would be appreciated. thank you.
Anyone who is not affiliated with Grand Strand with the exception of Mark Karavan and Clark Butler.

I personally think the South Strand (Murrells Inlet, Pawleys) doctors are better because they are associated with MUSC and Waccamaw.

I've had too many close calls and know too many people who have had horrible experiences with Grand Strand to ever step foot in there again.

Old 01-16-2014, 09:45 AM

2 posts, read 2,557 times
Default seacoast hospital

thank you for the replies to my original post. could anyone share their views regarding Seacoast Hospital and Loris Hospital and any doctors affiliated with them? they are in the nmb area anf wondered about them. still have had no luck locating a physician as of yet. thanks again for any replies
that are offered. I only want to make the right choice but understand it can be trial and error. thanks again.

Old 01-16-2014, 12:08 PM

One thing I want to mention to you is that this area is very different from other areas I have lived in previously ~ NY - NJ - OH- WI - MI - PA. Most places I have lived, your doctor (primary care/internist or whatever) would see you in their office and also see you (make "rounds") when you are in the hospital.

It is very different here. If you have a primary care doctor here, they will see you for office visits only, but once you are in the hospital, you are seen by doctors who only work in the hospital and do not have office patients, etc. The communication between the hospitalists and your primary care doctor can at times be very sketchy.

So don't base your choice of doctors on a certain hospital, because that will have nothing to do with who sees you when/if you are sick enough to be hospitalized.

Of course, I have no idea where you are from or what you are used to, but I did want to let you know about this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area