Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 06:46 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,096,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveagrey1 View Post
I see your questions are not being answered.... well probably because it isn't cheaper here....and the $150,000 condos they are referring to....go and take a peak at them.....I dare any of you.....I wouldn't let my dog live there...and most of them are on the beach but who wants to walk up 3 or 4 flights of stairs to get to their homes with those "inexpensive" groceries you guys are buying at Kroger and Piggly Wiggly??????? Holy heck, I must not be looking in the cheap frozen dinner section at those stores because when I compare just one item...lets take Kozy Shack Rice Pudding....in Pennsylvania it is $2.48 at a local grocery store, Walmart in NMB it is $2.78, Kroger in NMB it is $3.49....My husband and I make a decent not wonderful living and we are by no means extravagant and we are living comfortably but not having loads of money left over..and we are not the only couple that says this....we have friends from Baltimore that make a wonderful pension and live in Loris....and they told me just last week their utility bills, cable, telephone, etc. are more than when living in Baltimore.....this being said, I know others will balk at this but you have to remember here there is absolutely NO competition for HTC.....unless you go out of the box.....anyway, Merry Christmas all....signing off...just wanted to back Rapture's statements..........................
Wouldn't let you dog live in?

Myrtle Beach SC Real Estate - CENTURY 21 Boling and Associates, Inc[]=1381&lp=100000&hp=200000&ba=0&srt=ASC&start=1&per =100

I suggest you take another look.

I would hate for someone to move to Myrtle Beach from another city and think it is expensive. Unless you are coming from a fiscally depressed area, you'll find Myrtle Beach to be very inexpensive. Sure some items in some grocery stores are expensive but overall you get a lot of bang for your buck.

As far as cable companies, HTC, Time Warner, and Dish are three that come to mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2013, 11:51 AM

84 posts, read 393,319 times
Oh my Gilligan, im so hungry I can eat this tree

Hey guys great food!

Oh my Thurston what are those commoners eating?

Oh lovey look at the trash treir eating, nothing like I feed you my love.

Would you like me to take you to that Blue bla bla place again my sweet poopdle,
Id love to show those commeners how we can eat $80 steak.

Oh Thurston look at that wretched car they drive!

Are some of you for real ?
I got sick reading some of this trash !
Attached Thumbnails
Will I be OK on this salary in Myrtle Beach?-mary-ann.jpeg   Will I be OK on this salary in Myrtle Beach?-cast-eating1.jpg   Will I be OK on this salary in Myrtle Beach?-bugged.jpg   Will I be OK on this salary in Myrtle Beach?-thurston.jpg   Will I be OK on this salary in Myrtle Beach?-bamboocar.jpg  

Old 12-24-2013, 12:34 PM

253 posts, read 470,170 times
Chill pill, anyone?

Old 12-24-2013, 01:09 PM

84 posts, read 393,319 times
shabbycasa

are you rolling your eyes at my post ?

Old 12-24-2013, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen View Post
shabbycasa

are you rolling your eyes at my post ?
The whole thread, actually - in reality, everyone has an opinion and each certainly is entitled to it. Getting upset on a chat board seems a bit silly to me, and several folks seemed to need that chill pill! My apologies if I offended you.

Old 12-24-2013, 05:53 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,772,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shabbycasa View Post
The whole thread, actually - in reality, everyone has an opinion and each certainly is entitled to it. Getting upset on a chat board seems a bit silly to me, and several folks seemed to need that chill pill! My apologies if I offended you.
Thank you and I agree. This is why I wouldn't even reply to some things, not understanding anger in giving info. or having opposing views but anyway...People tend to compare but are comparing apples to oranges. People have different opinions, experiences and sometimes just see things different. The OP asked can they live on a particular salary and yes they can is the answer, it depends on how they live. Not even sure they are still coming here but it seems their questions has been answered and more so I think we call all agree to agree or agree to disagree and enjoy the holiday, maybe?

Last edited by Global Friend; 12-25-2013 at 12:46 PM..

Old 12-24-2013, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
Thank you and I agree.
Great minds think alike, Rapture!

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, or whatever!

Old 12-26-2013, 06:58 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,096,073 times
For all of you that insist that Myrtle Beach is an expensive place to live, here is a cost of living calculator.

Cost of Living Calculator: Compare the Cost of Living in Two Cities - CNNMoney

Old 12-26-2013, 07:27 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,669,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
For all of you that insist that Myrtle Beach is an expensive place to live, here is a cost of living calculator.

Cool link! Thanks for sharing.

Old 12-26-2013, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post

Gosh, wish you had not posted that - now I don't know if I can afford to retire here, especially with the increased costs of health care, utilities and food - things most likely to affect retirees.

Here's my calculation for Waco, Texas vs. Myrtle Beach - Waco is close to my little village and prices are pretty much the same:

Price difference in Myrtle Beach, SC
  • Groceries 22%more
  • Housing10%less (no effect on me except for taxes which are lower in MB)
  • Utilities 37%more
  • Transportation 5%less (no real effect since we won't travel much beyond the area)
  • Health Care 7%more
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area