Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 05:36 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,687,210 times

Advertisements

As I mentioned before, I totally agree with dlcamp that Coastal is a wonderful place. I have friends who take their pets there to see the vet and other friends who volunteer with the rescue part.

That being said, if you are closer to McNeal, I can only again reiterate how much I love that place and how wonderful the vets are. It is a small practice with personalized service. The main vet is a very intelligent and kind young woman named Candi Boyd. I saw that you mentioned needing/wanting someone to be quick with reaction time, etc. for your Pembroke and the pancreatitis issues. Anyway, I wanted to tell you that Dr. Boyd gives out her cell phone number so that if you call after hours she is still available. I have had 2 incidents where I needed to talk to her immediately after hours and called her cell phone. One time she answered right away and the other time I had to leave a message and she called me back within less than 30 minutes. Both times she was extremely helpful. I can't say enough good about her as a vet.

My friend who referred me to McNeal when I first moved here had a very old and very sick dog. Candi came to her house to put the dog down when death was imminent, so that my friend could feel as if she took the best care possible for her very loved dog and not have to bring the sick dog to the office for that horrible experience. I have read that this type of thing may no longer be possible due to new laws about vets taking those drugs to people's homes, etc. But Candi is a vet who would and does go above and beyond to make sure that your pets are well cared for and understands how much they are loved by their owners.

As far as Ark in Surfside, I have several friends who go there and are happy with them, but I can't say the same. I live in Surfside Beach and they are the closest to my house. I could almost walk there, but I would rather drive 20 - 30 minutes south to McNeal rather than ever go to Ark again due to a very unpleasant experience when I first moved here. The vets there might be wonderful, but I never got a chance to find out because after waiting well over an hour for my appointment, I finally gave up and left. The woman who worked at the desk was unbelievably rude to everyone, not just me, and was the type who didn't even look at you or acknowledge that you were standing there to ask a question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2013, 05:13 AM

14 posts, read 22,614 times
Dlcamp
Thanks for the info, like I said I love their goals. My concern is the limited staff for beyond normal medical issues.

vrexy
Great feedback, Candi sounds great, especially when the stress of an emergency is at hand. I have been know to drive the 50 miles to VaTech Vet school at the drop of a hat when needed because they were so much better for the situation at our local vet.

Old 12-15-2013, 05:03 PM

107 posts, read 164,702 times
Thanks, moving up that way next year and I need a good reasonable vet.

Old 12-15-2013, 10:32 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,179,563 times
I used Murrells Inlet Vets for years and just love Sherry Duncan. Amazing.

I also have done some fundraising for Ark and those guys are great also. The also sponsor a rescue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area