Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 09:24 PM

45 posts, read 77,515 times

Advertisements

Hi Ginabelle!
My comment was purely a person point of view. We have friends that are at Cypress and the Yacht club that's adjacent to it and are really happy there, but they also lived in a busier community here in NJ (Bordentown and Brick) than we do now. Cypress itself is beautiful for the reasons you mentioned, and we even loved the people there and builder Steve Fournier. Great guy. I just didn't like having a substation right outside my gate, and the congestion of Bay Ave. right at the end of my street. The area is growing,and I can only see it getting worse. We just like a little more elbow room so to speak. Like I said in my post, we are more accoustomed to a little more open space. I'm originally from North Jersey and I've had my fill of traffic.
We are still stuck in NJ. Loooong winter and snow killed real estate here. As for our move - here's a shocker: we decided on the Treasure Coast in FL. We have more employment opportunities, more family, and more interests there, plus we can get an acre lot and still be under 10 mins to the beach. FL's always been a second home to me too, plus my husband and I love the Keys, so it's the logical choice. I love when people remind me it's hot there. The only time I've been able to go down is August since that's when everyone has time off, so I know how just hot it gets and it doesn't bother me a bit. Everything has a reason, and glad the deal fell through now. I have Angels looking out for me! My best suggestion is follow your gut. It never lies. Where you decide to call home is as unique as you are. Like pieces of a puzzle, all the pieces have to fit just the right way for YOU. If MB has captured your heart then go for it and don't worry what anyone else says. Best wishes on finding your new home!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area