Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 06:26 AM

15 posts, read 33,280 times

Advertisements

Thanks so much for the replies. I agree about how things are marketed. Regarding to Waterway Palms Plantation, we keep going back and forth in learning about the HOA. We love the 'feel' of it there however, the more I learn about the building requirements - they seem a bit strict. Must be 10 ft. ceilings downstairs, 9 foot up, no storage shed or anything in yard even if it matches etc. Also, the clubhouse, although beautiful, seems useless with no gym/fitness, and can only be rented for parties. Odd.

In further research, what does anyone know about Brighton Lakes. I was just down again to the area from NJ and explored that area and there are a lot of plots of land avail. through the developer - some larger than other subdivisions mentioned and not as $$.

Thanks again....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2014, 07:13 AM

13,374 posts, read 27,055,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyV View Post
In further research, what does anyone know about Brighton Lakes.
Just my impression from the website, but Brighton Lakes looks more promising. The amenity center is built, and they have fitness equipment in the clubhouse. I also like that their outdoor pool has separate lap lanes for adults to swim, and a separate area for kids to splash.

I don't see info on their preferred builders, but the houses they show are nice, but not pretentious (1.5 or 2 story). Addition: most of the homes are going to be build by Citizen's Homes, which also built in Summerlyn. Most of the listings are in the range of $249K to $329K. (I'd call them mid-range development homes, not custom homes.) I sent you a DM with a link to the listings.

By comparison, the Waterway Palms design restrictions also seem excessive to me. They will certainly drive up the budget to comply with them. (I don't know your budget, but the designs on the WaterWay Palms website look like at least $450-600K to build.)

Last edited by goldenage1; 04-21-2014 at 07:24 AM.. Reason: Builder added

Old 04-21-2014, 10:10 AM

13,374 posts, read 27,055,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
(I don't know your budget, but the designs on the WaterWay Palms website look like at least $450-600K to build.)
In actuality, there are home listings ranging from $299.9K to $379K, so the design requirements can be met by a more reasonable budget. There's also one builder offering to build a smaller home for $249.9K. So, if you want waterfront, it's worth considering.

Old 04-22-2014, 06:47 PM

15 posts, read 33,280 times
Thanks so much for message. I do like waterway palms and there are a few inaccuracies in this forum about it. in speaking with the developer - intercoastal land sales, when I was on my tour of waterbridge he told me they needed to clear trees due to the fact that they were all short scrub pines right on the intercoastal. They did not necessarily want to do this as the other post suggests. I agree about the traffic and will be moving down in May and will PM you should I have any questions regarding the community, it is def. a top contender for us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jconaty View Post
MartyV My wife and I relocated to the Waterway Palms Plantation after looking to numerous Carolina Forest Communities. Waterway Palms property is inexpensive, the HOA is financially sound, and is directly on the Intercostal Waterway. Not to mention the outstanding amenities and low HOA fees. The ages of families here are from the late twenties with younger kids through retires All of the other communities are located off of Carolina Forest Blvd that is a night mare with traffic. We have built several homes in the community and have become the first 'Featured Builder". Hope this helps and if we can be of assistance please don't hesitate to ask.

Old 11-14-2014, 02:55 PM

1 posts, read 1,988 times
Hi, We just moved down and we are deciding between Waterbridge and Plantation lakes or even Waterway Palms & the Bluffs.

Very confusing. If someone can give me some good builders in Waterbridge. Good Experiences maybe.
That is where we are focusing on the most. But confused with all the builders.
The bluffs is older but nice as well.

Thank you and any input would help.

Feeling very confused right now. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area