Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 08:32 AM

253 posts, read 471,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Well your thinking is absolutely wrong. I have never sued anyone, for anything. ....I am disappointed that anyone would think otherwise of me.
Don't let them get to you, Summering. Obviously they do not know you - you are one of the nicest folks I know on this board and I enjoy reading all of your posts.

And for the record, I think you did the right thing. I live in a small rural community (in the SOUTH, well Texas anyway ) and we always call ahead on our pizza if it's a Friday or Saturday night. By the time we arrive, the pizza is just coming out of the oven - yummmmy! Oh, and it's a brand name pizza "chut" place!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2013, 08:49 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,714,979 times
Thank you Busydesk and Shabbycasa. Whew, I did not think this would get going in such a fashion.

I am delighted to know that Shabbycasa has "ordered pizza ahead." It does work wonderfully when put into place as a practice. Texas knows their stuff!! I'm delighted to know I still am a part of this society, and my brain hasn't froze.

Busydesk, I am not sure but the first waitress might have been an owner. The young girl she gave me to was very nice and just did what she was told to do. I know that makes it worse...an owner who barks at their customers.

I have read that they pick up people from Marinas to go eat there. Perhaps that is the reserved tables. Honestly, there is not enough tables on the pizza side to reserve them. Oh well, seems my next trip will be to Gino's thanks to the CD gang.

B

Old 07-25-2013, 07:04 AM
GJM

465 posts, read 1,883,779 times
Love Gino's - the best pizza around. They now have one in Carolina Forest near Kroger, which is closer to my house.

I am from NJ - lived there my whole life, I have never called ahead to order pizza unless I am carrying it out.

Old 07-25-2013, 07:57 AM

Hi GJM...I lived in NJ and PA most of my life.

I am going to be happy to try out Gino's, people seem to like that pizza.

Old 07-25-2013, 01:04 PM

1,280 posts, read 1,401,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 912 View Post
Sigh.

Here go the silly Yankees again, thinking they can do things down here the same way they do them back home.

Calling in an order ahead to eat IN the restaurant? I've never heard of such a thing! On that note, how can you be mad at the restaurant?
Let me cut and paste a section from the website for the pizza place she's referring to:

Quote:
ALL PIES ARE HAND TOSSED MADE TO ORDER
IN A HURRY?
CALL AHEAD & PLACE YOUR ORDER
& WE WILL HAVE IT READY WHEN YOU ARRIVE!!
CALL AHEAD SEATING
I'd say that gives their customers a legitimate complaint. Their pizza is fantastic though. We were down last week and tried it based on some recommendations I saw on this forum. The first night we ordered two pizzas, two orders of wings and some garlic knots, for pickup, and it took them about 50 minutes to get it ready. Crazy wait time, but we liked it so much that we ordered carryout again later in the week. The second time (3 pizzas with wings and garlic knots) took them about an hour and twenty minutes to prepare.

Old 07-25-2013, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j7r6s View Post
Let me cut and paste a section from the website for the pizza place she's referring to:

I'd say that gives their customers a legitimate complaint. Their pizza is fantastic though. We were down last week and tried it based on some recommendations I saw on this forum. The first night we ordered two pizzas, two orders of wings and some garlic knots, for pickup, and it took them about 50 minutes to get it ready. Crazy wait time, but we liked it so much that we ordered carryout again later in the week. The second time (3 pizzas with wings and garlic knots) took them about an hour and twenty minutes to prepare.

Wow, the website actually states that? But, believe me I will never order ahead again unless I am walkin' out the door with it.
Thank you for the information.

Old 08-01-2013, 12:07 PM

249 posts, read 516,785 times
Never heard of calling a "dine in" pizza ahead of time. New one for me as well. I wouldn't try doing that only because I may not have a table to sit at once I get there.

A lot of restaurants will not allow a $10 pizza pie order tie up a table specifically set aside for more expensive entrees'. I agree with the establishment setting up 2 eating areas. One for take out/pizza dine in, the other for a more traditional dining. A lot of restaurants do that here.

As for the owner being rude, I'm not sure what was said that you thought was rude. Was it the owner saying: "This IS a Restaurant" Was that the rude part ? Perhaps they felt you were knocking their establishment by not acknowledging it as a Restaurant ? I dunno.

Old 08-01-2013, 07:36 PM

Dregg...You had to be there to see the goings on. It is something you needed to be in the room for. Like pushing away and past my husband who was just trying to talk with her for one second. Around him, and to two others sitting. The reprimand, and the tone. " We do not do that here!" Give me a chance and I would have said " I'm sorry...we won't do it again."
But why have the boy, who left me on hold when I called, do the order?

When we go out with friends we order quite a few pizza, sticks, salads, drinks. So really, we enjoy a place that doesn't mind.

It really becomes quite a big order and comes with a great tip too.

Anthony's and Surfside Pizza don't mind a large group ordering pizza etc.

There would never be room for us to meet up at this 544 place. This I say this in regards to not opening up the "restaurant" side.

BTW....I had a 544 pizza last week. Hubby just zipped in and zipped out. It is delicious for sure.
But, more fun to eat at home. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area