Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 08:23 PM

34 posts, read 110,100 times

Advertisements

I would find another pizza place if I were you. Surfside Beach Pizza is the best I've found south of MB.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2013, 06:38 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,708,172 times
Thank you citynelg. That is what my girls said and yet they love this pizza off of 544. They are extremely fussy about their pizza. But, they did like Surfsides too, and they are extremely nice there.

Old 07-18-2013, 09:52 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,682,110 times
I agree that Surfside Beach Pizza is wonderful! Also, the original Valentino's (NOT the rip-off Valentino's II by Cecil Chandler and his cronies...) has excellent pizza. And, they are both friendly to their customers!

Old 07-18-2013, 03:06 PM

1,531 posts, read 3,108,240 times
Sigh.

Here go the silly Yankees again, thinking they can do things down here the same way they do them back home.

Calling in an order ahead to eat IN the restaurant? I've never heard of such a thing! On that note, how can you be mad at the restaurant?

Old 07-18-2013, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 912 View Post
Sigh.

Here go the silly Yankees again, thinking they can do things down here the same way they do them back home.

Calling in an order ahead to eat IN the restaurant? I've never heard of such a thing! On that note, how can you be mad at the restaurant?
I think the act of being "rude" is quite universal. Being rude to your customer in front of other customers is inconsiderate in any state. Mad at the attitude perhaps, but not mad at the restaurant ( pizza place.)

I plan not to order"IN" to the Pizza section again. However, think about this. When we arrive and get the ready pizza it saves seating time for them too. We are in, eat, and out quite quickly. Rather then us waiting the 20 minutes to a half an hour for the pie to arrive at the table. Then another 20 to eat it. It is a win/win situation. But, alas...I don't want to act like a northerner. Plus, I have to suggest this fact to hubby as it was his idea.

Old 07-18-2013, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
I agree that Surfside Beach Pizza is wonderful! Also, the original Valentino's (NOT the rip-off Valentino's II by Cecil Chandler and his cronies...) has excellent pizza. And, they are both friendly to their customers!
I'm sure our future plans will be to head to Surfside Pizza. Valentino's, your right...Haven't been there in awhile. Need to spread my wings. Angel wings that is....lol

Old 07-19-2013, 10:44 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,796,930 times
Jeez, I've been keeping quiet but don't know how much northerner bashing I can take. Especially from people that are from there and say I don't want to act like a northerner....whatever that means. So much judgement, negativity, categorizing people on social media and forums, kinda sad. By the way, there are a'holes here and up north and out west etc...and bad service in all of those places. No place is exclusive to any of this.

Well anyway, I was a restaurant manager over twenty years in chains and upscale and never heard of someone ordering ahead to eat in. If you understand how restaurants work than you would know that doesn't work and can screw everything up. At the same time, no harm in asking and if the owner or manager says no it should be accepted they don't do that. I know exactly what place is being spoken about here and I will agree service is not that good, in fact the food isn't either but the pizza is usually very good. Then again, that's all a matter of opinion. I have gone there and the left "pizza side" was full and no one was on the right "dinner only" side. Yes not too happy I had to wait when there were tables open but thats how their business is set up and they want those tables for people spending money more than a pizza. It won't stop me from going there but if someone doesn't like it, there are plenty of other places to go.

Last edited by Global Friend; 07-19-2013 at 10:57 AM..

Old 07-19-2013, 12:55 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,884,503 times
First off Summering, the 'owner' is a buffoon. Nobody in their right mind treats customers like that, or soon they're out of business. It was normal in a rinky-dink town where I'm from to order pizza ahead at a particular place for dine in, as the wait was 30-40 minutes. Never a problem, and everyone (who was smart) did it. Personally, as good as this pizza might be, I'd never go back. Shame on them!

Old 07-22-2013, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
First off Summering, the 'owner' is a buffoon. Nobody in their right mind treats customers like that, or soon they're out of business. It was normal in a rinky-dink town where I'm from to order pizza ahead at a particular place for dine in, as the wait was 30-40 minutes. Never a problem, and everyone (who was smart) did it. Personally, as good as this pizza might be, I'd never go back. Shame on them!
Well Thank You so very much skyegirl. For awhile there I was wondering what part of NJ I was from and my girls were from. None of us felt it was anything other then rude. Plus, we all had done this in NY and in NJ.

After reading Trip Advisor, and hearing almost the exact story, at least I felt vindicated. This wasn't about ordering ahead but about the table reservations and no one at the tables. Guests showing up and being turned away from seats. The seat limits on the "pizza side" are scarce. That couple is not going back.

We did feel as if it would be less of a wait for us, and we would be a quick table guest for the owners.

I ask myself "what part of rude is right," and the reply is " no part."

Old 07-22-2013, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
Jeez, I've been keeping quiet but don't know how much northerner bashing I can take. Especially from people that are from there and say I don't want to act like a northerner....whatever that means. So much judgement, negativity, categorizing people on social media and forums, kinda sad. By the way, there are a'holes here and up north and out west etc...and bad service in all of those places. No place is exclusive to any of this.

Well anyway, I was a restaurant manager over twenty years in chains and upscale and never heard of someone ordering ahead to eat in. If you understand how restaurants work than you would know that doesn't work and can screw everything up. At the same time, no harm in asking and if the owner or manager says no it should be accepted they don't do that. I know exactly what place is being spoken about here and I will agree service is not that good, in fact the food isn't either but the pizza is usually very good. Then again, that's all a matter of opinion. I have gone there and the left "pizza side" was full and no one was on the right "dinner only" side. Yes not too happy I had to wait when there were tables open but thats how their business is set up and they want those tables for people spending money more than a pizza. It won't stop me from going there but if someone doesn't like it, there are plenty of other places to go.
Rapture....I love both places I have lived, both North and South. But, I'm sure your aware that if we mention any particular "point" about something. If we bring up a "difference" it is said we are "trying to change the south to suit us."( northerners) That is not the case with me. I am fine with everything staying the same.
I love the South as it is, and it should not change for anyone.

I have previously wrote that I would not call a "dinner" ahead at a restaurant. I was talking about pizza, and that's it. Just a plain ole' pizza.

I would find it highly unusual myself if someone ordered a dinner ahead. Nothing I have ever done.

Some social media is a good thing. It was mentioned on TV just last night that the Red Roof CEO reads all its comments on T/Advisor and works to improve on each and every complaint. I loved hearing that, and I hope other places of business use the information to their advantage also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area