Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2013, 09:20 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,663,747 times

Advertisements

Spring events are on the rise in Myrtle Beach. This weekend the Home Show is going on and we love going to that. Lots of local vendors showing their wares. Pool and windows, granite and hot tubs, a little bit of everything. I hope to get a discount on a garage door screen by going this weekend. There is one we really like the best that rolls up.
Right now hubby is out getting tickets to the Hootie and the Blowfish after the Masters Celebrity ProAm . It takes place at the Barefoot Resort Dye club in April. Tickets usually sell out, and just started selling at 11 AM today. Dustin Johnson has signed up for this event. Davis Love 111 will be there. He was the Ryder Cup Captain. NASCAR drivers Michael Waltrip and Denny Hamlin will be there too. Other sports celebrities will also play in this ProAm.
Won't it be exciting to see these players. Dustin, as most of us know, attended Coastal Carolina and was a member of TPC in Murrells Inlet.
The fun in living here in SC is all there is to do. Just two of the many things coming up...Enjoy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2013, 04:33 PM

We have four tickets to the Celebrity Golf on April 15th. They only sell about 6,000 and then that's it. If a child under 12 wants to go they are free but they still need a ticket.

It is going to be great seeing the Nascar racers play golf and Dustin. He is our own hometown boy.

If your interested in going to the golf match don't wait on tickets they will definitely be sold out, very soon.

Somehow we have seat numbers so I'm not sure how that worked, or where they will be..exciting.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:03 AM

142 posts, read 363,348 times
Actually Dustin is from Columbia SC, he lived here while going to CCU and yes he played at TPC, but I'm not sure he payed for a membership, he also holds the course record.

After graduation, he only stayed here for a couple of years before moving to FL.

He is a great player and like a lot of people made some errors, his grades were not good enough at 1st to get into college so he went to Jr college, before transferring to the beach and CCU, he also had plead guilty to 2nd degree murder and after his 1st big win, came to the beach to party and got a DUI on Glens Bay Rd.

Not saying these things to make him look bad, but just the opposite, some people would say he should have been locked up, some say, once bad always bad, I say people can and do change, if they want after learning from mistakes, and Dustin has proved it.

Gary

Old 02-25-2013, 02:35 PM

I guess we can say he lived here then even if it is just the time of going to CCU, just up the highway from me.

I was here the year of the DUI on Glenns Bay Rd. I read about it. It was so nice that he wanted to party here in our state. Bad decision to get in the car and not find a driver for himself.

Tournament Players Club loves to mention Dustin used their course. It is quite a nice course to have chosen.

Seems there were some major mistakes as a young lad. Seems he has grown with wonderful manners and being a great sportman though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area