Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 03:58 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,656,665 times

Advertisements

I have just met some of the most wonderful people today and I wish I could bottle them up. I knew I liked the SC people but today just tops any experience I have had before.

I wanted everyone to know that the Grand Strands Medical Center, and especially the Heart Center, where we were today, is just a fantastic place.
My husband got four stents today for some very bad blockage he had. Lets say one was 99%!
The other not much better either.

The Center is very advanced as they now go through a vein in the arm and it is so much easier that way.
Everything went well and quick. His doctor, they tell me, is one of the best. Everyone there loves him.
All I know is he is always smiling, and that is a great asset for sure.

No matter where I roamed in the hospital someone was there to help me find my way. From the janitor to the nurses and receptionists, each and every person there.
It is really a place you can get lost in too with all its new additions.

I had the head nurse go get me coffee. In all my years of going to hospitals in NY, NJ and PA...no one offered to bring me coffee, especially not the nurse!
Early in the AM the receptionist got me some coffee too. Everyone there is so very friendly. I'm not sure if the hospital asks it of them, or it is just the southern way.
Southern people are just friendly anyhow, so perhaps it is just natural for them.

I must say coming from being in so many hospitals with my husband this was the first that gave me goosebumps over their human spirit.
Besides the fact that it is so very new, and run so smoothly.

I know that we get many new people down here wondering how the hospital is. Well, I have come to write that this is a good, solid, hospital with an honestly refreshing staff.
I'm sure in an emergency case there can be many delays, as there are in most hospitals, but all in all
this is a remarkable place.

Thank you Grand Strand Heart Center for fixing Mr. Summering up. Your the best!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2012, 04:10 PM

124 posts, read 227,641 times
Summering, I'm so happy to hear that your husband had such wonderful care. My husband had a heart attack in
Sept and had a stent put in through the arm, as well. That was in Morristown NJ Hospital, which also has a wonderful Heart Center. We're moving to Little River in the spring and I'm glad to hear that good coronary care is available. The best of luck to your husband!

Old 07-19-2012, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB1234 View Post
Summering, I'm so happy to hear that your husband had such wonderful care. My husband had a heart attack in
Sept and had a stent put in through the arm, as well. That was in Morristown NJ Hospital, which also has a wonderful Heart Center. We're moving to Little River in the spring and I'm glad to hear that good coronary care is available. The best of luck to your husband!
I'm so glad you will be moving this way. My husband had heart surgery in Morristown Memorial too back in 1995. He had three bypasses done. That went very well also. We lived about 45 min. or so from Morristown at the time.
You should be close enough to use the Grand Strand 's " new" Heart Center. It takes us about a half hours drive to there.
The Heart Centers entrance is behind the main building off of 82nd street. He used Dr. Kontos and he is just a fantastic heart doctor and happy-go-lucky guy.
Wonderful nurses, doctors, and staff.
Like you we worried for awhile about who we would use and what the hospital would be like. Have no worry, its great.

Old 07-19-2012, 08:28 PM

108 posts, read 227,334 times
My next door neighbor had a quadruple bypass there two weeks ago after suffering a minor (?) heart attack and has commented on the great care. Before I moved to Little River thi spast December one of my medical providers made a point of saying what good care her father had had down here at Grand Strand Medical Center. I think we will all be well served for whatever faces us in the future.

Old 07-19-2012, 08:35 PM

1,366 posts, read 3,345,306 times
I always enjoy reading your posts, Summering, you're very uplifting. I suspect if the staff at GSMC were members of City Data they'd likely make a thread about what a friendly person you were to them during your visit there.

Old 07-19-2012, 08:59 PM

253 posts, read 470,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKY View Post
I always enjoy reading your posts, Summering, you're very uplifting. I suspect if the staff at GSMC were members of City Data they'd likely make a thread about what a friendly person you were to them during your visit there.

I second this assessment - one of the best posters on this forum

Old 07-20-2012, 05:06 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,669,591 times
So glad your husband is doing well and that you got good medical care.

Old 07-20-2012, 09:37 AM

Your all so very kind...Thank you.
You are "all" just an example of the sweet, kind, people that live in SC. I am always amazed at the kindness and hospitality here.
Today I was able to take Mr. Summering home. He is so relieved this is overwith. I think he stalled a bit, and stalling is not a good thing...so we know now.
99% closed is nothing to fool with, by gosh.
I was happy to read that the Heart Center of the Strand Hospital is 5th in the country! I felt it was, it sure seemed so...but I got to read that and it solidified my feeling.
I just felt overwhelmed with every kind deed that was offered to me. Walking me out from three floors up to where I could find my car. ( this place is big, with lots of doors) Giving me coffee, from the nurse and also the receptionist.
Helping me along the way. All the service people.
Well, I could go on and on but thank goodness we are home and all is well. We have a very new medicine that helps keep these stents open. Another 20 years would be good.....( we'll even take more)

Old 07-20-2012, 11:23 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,669,591 times
Would you mind sharing where you read that about Grand Strand Heart Center being 5th in the country? (Inquiring minds want to know!)

Thanks!

Last edited by vrexy; 07-20-2012 at 12:23 PM..

Old 07-20-2012, 02:23 PM

1,019 posts, read 2,892,001 times
Summering, I am glad to hear you and Mr Summering had such a positive experience with GSMC. When we first moved down here we were very concerned about the level of heart care in the area since my hubby has had some serious heart issues in the past. It is good to know that you found them to be very advanced. I hope Mr Summering is feeling well and has a speedy recovery!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area