Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2009, 06:18 PM

730 posts, read 1,317,054 times

Advertisements

I'd like any and all opinions on the Grand Strand Regional Medical Center:

ie, how is the care on a day to day basis and
how are he doctors affiliated with the hospital?

We're planning a move to MB and I'm concerned about the hospital being a For Profit; we have no experience with a For Profit. Anywhere I can go to find reviews of the hospital, comments from people who have stayed there.

Thank you!
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 06:48 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,790,289 times
Honestly, I haven't found health care to be very good here but I guess it's whatever you're use to. I haven't been to that hospital but my neighbors (that have lived here their whole life) say it's better than Conway Hospital. There are sites with health care ratings, maybe one of them can help. Here's one I found: HealthGrades - Research Hospitals, Doctors and Nursing Homes

Old 07-12-2009, 09:03 AM

343 posts, read 727,318 times
Can't comment on Grand Strand MC as I live on south end of the Strand. But depending on where you choose to visit or settle, I can wholeheartedly suggest Waccamaw Community Hospital in Murrells Inlet, which is part of the Georgetown (SC, not DC) Medical System. Waccamaw is a new, clean hospital with modern facilities and equipment.

I guess my wife and I have been fortunate, but in our 4 years here (moved from Maryland-DC suburbs) we have found an excellent General Practitioner, a good dentist, and a good orthopaedic group. Health care on this end of the county is foucsed on geriatrics, because it's primarily 55+ that live here. I've found the health care overall here to be as good as if not better than we had in suburban DC.

Old 07-13-2009, 05:47 PM

730 posts, read 1,317,054 times
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I posted on another board, the consensus being that Grand Strand is a fine hospital. I just wondered if there was a difference between Not for Profit and For Profit. Doesn't seem to be a problem.

Again, thank you. The web site was somewhat helpful.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:03 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,694,168 times
Grand Strand is a great hospital with a Heart Center and is a Trauma 2 Hospital also.

I have found it to be one of the best I have ever encountered.

Lots of good doctors on 82nd street right by the hospital.

I wouldn't worry about anything lacking. It really is a fantastic place with great people working there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area