Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2012, 12:41 AM

22 posts, read 42,030 times

Advertisements

Hello all, I just finished working an internship in Charlotte. Now back in Chicago for the summer and have an upcoming interview for a job at Coastal Carolina. I loved the Carolinas in my short time. I am only 23, and this gig would be working in the athletics department for the Chanticleers. Now, it's college athletics which means the $ won't be great, but I would imagine my salary would be around 35K if I am hired for the job. Figured if I do get the job I should start asking questions about the area early and cost of living. I'd be moving alone, and would probably rent an apartment. Any thoughts on where I should look? Likely Conway? I hope the interview turns into a job because I've lived in the midwest for 22 of my 23 years and even though I don't mind the cold, not worrying about it does have its perks. Like I said I'm a recent college grad potentially gettings his first full-time job. Seems like there are worse places to relocate to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2012, 09:07 AM

47 posts, read 114,228 times
im kinda in the same boat....im 21 relocating to MB to attend coastal. I have been researching loris, conway, and aynor....all within like a 30 min drive to ccu. Keep me updated on what you have found. I am also looking for appartments...stay far far away from canterbury appt apparently there bad....says this website lol.

Old 06-24-2012, 03:53 PM

22 posts, read 42,030 times
I will start looking more once I know if I get the job. I have the interview this week. If I get the nod I will likely accept.

Old 06-25-2012, 03:48 PM

790 posts, read 1,630,613 times
There is a huge apartment complex being built on Rt544 near the CCU campus which would be an option. I don't remember the name but I'm sure if you asked someone at the office of CCU, they could tell you.

Old 06-26-2012, 05:41 AM

142 posts, read 364,265 times
CT the complex I think your talking about, I only recall one along there at this time under construction, is student housing.

KR there is plenty of student housing on and off campus with good rates if your attending CCU.

Gary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area