Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 10:28 AM

460 posts, read 1,017,356 times

Advertisements

I think they would very much like a house on a golf course - or in one of those golf club neighborhoods, and probably withing 30 or 45 minute drive to the beach where a board walk is.

Any suggestions of neighborhoods or areas I can look into??

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 06:48 AM

312 posts, read 732,497 times
Good morning,

There are many golf course developments on the Grand Strand....what do you think is the price range? Then we can narrow in on some areas...

I love Long Bay on Route 9 and River Hills in Little River...both in South Carolina....

Old 05-11-2012, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveagrey1 View Post
Good morning,

There are many golf course developments on the Grand Strand....what do you think is the price range? Then we can narrow in on some areas...

I love Long Bay on Route 9 and River Hills in Little River...both in South Carolina....
Awesome thanks!

Honestly... they have some money.. so it's probably not a huge deal. But I also know they don't want a huge house they have to clean and a big huge yard they have to take care of.

Are there places you can custom build in those types of communities?

I guess a rough estimate would be between 350k and 450k, but as I mentioned they don't want a huge house or huge lot. They would enjoy good amenities, and wouldn't have to drive too long to get to a beach or board walk area. And yes I think the FIL really wants that golf community haha.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:05 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,656,665 times
A gorgeous community by the beach and it has golf is Prestwick off of 544. It is nestled in but only 10 min to the beach. This is a golf community and they won't have to deal with the 501 traffic.
Very beautiful homes and some are not all that large. ( some are)
Also, (TPC )Tournament Players Club has homes and is a good location on south 707. A very well respected golf community. One of the best golf courses also.
Near there is the International Club with homes and a golf course. Both of those are not far from the beach and are off of 707 S. They could even join and go to Huntington Beach State Park.( or pay the daily fee)
They will have many choices and I'm sure they will love the weather and friendly people here.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:33 AM

Basically, here on this forum you will have those who love the south end of the strand and those who love the north end....it might just be a really good idea if they make a trip here...there are sooo many choices in golf course communities...with that price range....the beach is their oyster as they say!

I would still check Long Bay, Aberdeen, River Hills on the north end...and Prestwick on the south end....both have their pluses and minuses....let me see if I can go and do some research and get some linkeys for ya!!!!

Old 05-11-2012, 10:40 AM

Long Bay Real Estate - Long Bay Homes for Sale Long Bay

River Hills Golf Course | Little River Golf Course | Golf in Myrtle Beach River Hills

River Hills Subdivision - Little River Real Estate Listings - Weichert Realtors Southern Coast River Hills Real Estate

Prestwick Community - Country Club Real Estate - Prestwick Myrtle Beach Prestwick Real Estate

Of course, I am sure there are lots available in these areas as well, if they would like to build something...but I would say a resale might be their best bet right now....to build here is a hassle....alot alot alot of resales to choose from!! Best of luck!

Old 05-11-2012, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Basically, here on this forum you will have those who love the south end of the strand and those who love the north end....it might just be a really good idea if they make a trip here...there are sooo many choices in golf course communities...with that price range....the beach is their oyster as they say!

I would still check Long Bay, Aberdeen, River Hills on the north end...and Prestwick on the south end....both have their pluses and minuses....let me see if I can go and do some research and get some linkeys for ya!!!!

I do love the North and the very South end.......Just don't like by 501 due to traffic issues. You gave some good information. Two of those I think are on the older side. ( the ones in River Hills)
The guys love Long Bay golf...They also love TPC and Legends. I think the more stylish homes that are more updated would be in TPC, or Long Bay, Prestwick also......Long Bay is a ride to the beach however. Prestwick is very close as is TPC.
TPC is nicely isolated on 707 which makes for a peaceful surrounding. I think Prestwick is about the same just a different location on 544. There are many more homes in golf courses but I was giving you the cream of the crop IMHO....
Indigo Creek, Myrtle beach Club,Indian Wells, Arrowhead, and many more have homes and golf clubs.........Long list actually.

Old 05-11-2012, 12:18 PM

Quote:

Thanks a bunch!! You too Summering...

Everything is a great help you have provided! And we are definitely looking to visit... it's just a matter of.. knowing where to start! haha.. and then being able to narrow it down. I'm the type that really likes to "plan"... so I'm trying to do some background work before we go.. then get the "vibes" of some of the communities we liked on paper.. when we visit.

Old 05-11-2012, 12:24 PM

Homes for Sale in Prince Creek - Myrtle Beach Real Estate This is at the TPC golf club. on 707 S

http://www.strickteam.com/featured_c...eal-estate.htm

International Clubl Murrells Inlet area
A couple to look into ....We love to help on CD....

Old 05-11-2012, 12:32 PM

You all are awesome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area