Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 10:49 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,670,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neecewh View Post
Thank goodness we have people like you out there, Vrexy, to save us from ourselves and those pesky vegetable!

If you watched the clip you would realize that this was not about vegetables, but about pesticides and filth and Whole Foods - the grocery store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2012, 03:07 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,774,462 times
That is messed up at the same time people should be reading labels and educating themselves about what they eat. I always read labels and also wouldnt buy frozen organic anyway. Organic is usually more expensive and IMO fresh tastes better so if I'm going to pay more than I want the best taste. I don't think most people read labels and especially don't know about where and how meat went from the cow/chicken/pig to their plate. If they did I would hope their diet would change dramatically.

Old 03-29-2012, 03:19 PM

Default Love this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
That is messed up at the same time people should be reading labels and educating themselves about what they eat. I always read labels and also wouldnt buy frozen organic anyway. Organic is usually more expensive and IMO fresh tastes better so if I'm going to pay more than I want the best taste. I don't think most people read labels and especially don't know about where and how meat went from the cow/chicken/pig to their plate. If they did I would hope their diet would change dramatically.

My point exactly! Education is key!

Old 03-30-2012, 02:55 PM

Here's some more information about Whole Foods. This sounds a little bit more positive!

Whole Foods To Stop Unsustainable Wild-Caught Seafood Sales By Earth Day

Old 03-31-2012, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
I have yet to check out a Trader Joe's food store. There was a lot of hipe and postings on the Naples Florida forum about the resent opening of a new TJ near our place in North Naples. I had planned a visit but did not get around to it before we returned to Murrells Inlet this past Sunday. Anyway, on our drive north on 17, I noticed what looks to be a brand new Trader Joe's just north of Charleston.

I wonder if there are any plans to open one in the Myrtle Beach area?
This is the OP, so lets get back on topic please. Any other posts unrelated will be deleted and the thread will be closed. If there is a similiar topic anyone would like to discuss that pertains to the Grand Strand area, please start your own thread. Thank you!

Old 04-01-2012, 12:35 AM

7 posts, read 20,368 times
slightly off topic srry but it is way closer to the original post. Since there doesnt seem to be a Trader Joes here or coming any time soon is there anything simaler nearby? not necessarily health food like trader joes is mostly but just a specialty or rich ppl as my friends used to call them grocery store.

There used to be one near my old place that had an entire section just for different types of olives and another for cheeses my personal weakness. Sometimes it was fun just to go there and see foods i had never heard of before.

I have wondered since moving if there was anything like that I'v mostly only found foodlions walmarts and piggly wigglys which is fine for eating but sometimes you just want to try something new. I would love to find a place i can walk in an drop a little cash to try an exotic fruit or something.

Old 04-02-2012, 03:49 PM

214 posts, read 649,633 times
My wife and I shop at a place called Fresh Market in Pawleys Island. I would not consider it a rich persons or exotic food store by any means but they seem to have a wide variety of interesting food and also some specialty items. I like going there for the antipasto bar. Its a good store but I would nt drive a great distance to go there either. More of a check it out if you happen to be in the area type of thing.

Old 04-02-2012, 03:59 PM

1,143 posts, read 2,873,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
Yes, I was shocked and saddened to read this and also very disappointed by the response from WF. Just goes to show you that you can't take anything at face value and that we all need to do research into the foods we eat and the so called scientific studies that are published. So much misinformation is out there.
Absolutely, Vrexy.

Old 04-04-2012, 07:00 AM

Didn't read the whole story but Wegmans and Trader Joes were chosen as best grocery stores by Consumer Reports. Wegmans, Trader Joe's, Publix & Fareway Top Consumer Reports Supermarket Ratings - MarketWatch

Old 04-04-2012, 07:27 AM

89 posts, read 251,809 times
Where is the Fresh Market in Pawleys Island? Thanks! I don't know the area well..we live in NMB...but we were thinking of coming to Litchfield this weekend for a visit and would like to check it out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area