Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 05:46 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,032 posts, read 6,564,608 times

Advertisements

I just noticed the system telling me I have posted 785 times (on City-Data). Has someone been logging in for me and posting?? I can only remember 700!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2011, 06:53 AM

166 posts, read 305,187 times
....as long as you have somethig to say, does it matter???

Old 12-27-2011, 09:30 AM

Obviously I enjoy myself here.......

Old 12-28-2011, 02:44 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,991,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
Obviously I enjoy myself here.......
Why did you leave Naples FL? We have friends up north that do the 'snowbird' number to Naples every year and love it there ... they are even thinking about moving there permanently.

Old 12-28-2011, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Why did you leave Naples FL? We have friends up north that do the 'snowbird' number to Naples every year and love it there ... they are even thinking about moving there permanently.
We were in Naples October and November. We drove to Murrells Inlet for three weeks over Christmas to spend time with our two daughters who drove down from VA for Christmas. We are heading back to Naples New Years day. We now call Florida our home state (got our FL DL's, will vote there, etc.).

While we love it here in SC, but it still is too cold in the winter. I will admit that the past couple weeks here have been not bad weather wise. In fact if the winter of 2009 had been as warm in SC as this winter looks to be, we would probably never have bought in SW Florida.

Anyway, the plan is to spend late fall, winter and early spring in Florida, late spring and early fall in South Carolina and summer in NJ.

For the record, most of my Florida "snow bird" neighbors do the same as we did this year, every year: hit Florida in October, go home for Christmas and return to Florida after New Years.

Old 12-28-2011, 05:41 PM

I just did the after the evening news dog walk. It sure is clear and crisp. I had a jacket on but was thinking I need to migrate a winter coat here for next time we stay here in late fall and winter.

Anyway the thought came to me that SC is actually the perfect place weather wise for someone who loves spring and summer, likes to have a sense of the seasons and does not really miss snow all that much. It definately looks like winter here. Brown grass, only the hardyess of flowers, shivering palm trees and most of the hardwoods bare. It is kind of nice to take a break from the sun and heat. And nicer still that spring will come a lot sooner here than up north!

Old 12-28-2011, 06:02 PM

17 posts, read 30,837 times
Your sentiments are exactly why I chose SC over moving to Florida, although I could get more land and a much larger and newly-built home in FL for 1/2 of what it costs in SC.

I've been all across America, but I love my seasons. What I don't love is the snow and ice, these days here with ice-cold rain and that God-awful gray-mist type of days. My area seems to have been put in to the cloud belt, and we only average 90 days of sunshine. Not all of those days are full-sun, either.

When we vacationed down here, our first day's forecast said... "Partly sunny." I was bummed, thinking it would be like our days up here with the description of partly sunny... The day started out cloudy, then the winds kicked up and the sun came out full and strong for the entire day. Up here, 'partly-sunny' means we might get an hour or more of sunshine. We just accept that the forecasters lie to us to make us feel better.

Trust me, when you go to your family physician and they are handing out a copied prescription for Vitamin D to help insure that anyone living in this area doesn't have "nursing home syndrome" because of the lack of daily sunshine -- it's time to move to the sun.

I'm more than ready -- just get this home sold! Oh, and find me a home just like the one that I loved in MI, with a 2-car garage, big windows in the kitchen, and a shaded, tree-lined back yard.

I'm really easy going, love to garden, my parties never get too loud or last too late (and if they do, I always invite my neighbors)... and I love fishing, flea-market treasures, farm-market food, and the beach. I will be the one on the beach when it's 34 degrees and windy. Trust me.

Old 12-29-2011, 10:18 AM

1,366 posts, read 3,353,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynner View Post
I will be the one on the beach when it's 34 degrees and windy. Trust me.
And I'll be right alongside ya. Cannot wait to leave West MI. Shot, 34 degrees and many people here are wearing shorts or tee shirts.

Old 12-30-2011, 05:57 AM

108 posts, read 228,019 times
Moved here November 28th and weather has been about perfect - able to golf every day if I wanted to. I know it was colder last 2 years and I may not be able to count on this every year but so far NO complaints. Golfing later this morning when it should be close to 60...Its in the 30's back in Massachusetts. By the way I paid $2.98 for gas the other day. It was at least $3.45 in Mass...

Old 01-01-2012, 01:05 PM

124 posts, read 228,376 times
mkaz01, how are you liking Lafayette Park? We are very interested in hearing your impressions. Feel free to PM me or just write on here and thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area