Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 08:25 AM

38 posts, read 102,851 times

Advertisements

My family and I may be moving to the Myrtle Beach area from Atlanta. If you're familiar with ATL, I normally shop at the Dekalb Farmers Market and Whole Foods along with the various small farmer markets around town. I have no idea what I am going to do in MB. There seems to be nowhere to buy organic or natural foods in the area. I know there is a Costco, which is selling more organic items, but where can I buy organic free range eggs and whole chickens? Are there any farmer markets in the area? Thanks in Advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2011, 09:03 AM

1,019 posts, read 2,895,339 times
They are building a Fresh Market in Pawleys Island that should be finished soon, I thing. Also, Myrtle Market on Joe White Ave. in Myrtle Beach has a stand (Indigo Farms) that sells their own organic produce. Bay Naturals has organic products but I don't recall seeing vegies there. Also, if there is a particular item that you are looking for I have found that Krogers grocery store is always very willing to try to get the product in their store for you. I asked them if they could get daiya and even though they couldn't at first (no fault of theirs daiya just wasn't selling to them) they pursued it for months until they were finally able to get it for me. As for the free range eggs and chickens, I am not sure about that. I would think Fresh Market would offer them when they open.

Old 05-07-2011, 09:51 AM

Do the Krogers in MB have the natural foods section in them?

Old 05-07-2011, 12:17 PM

Yes, it is fairly small (just a few short isles) but they do have a natural food section. At least the one in Murrells Inlet does. I believe the one in Myrtle Beach does also.

Old 05-08-2011, 05:41 PM

6 posts, read 17,371 times
A large and varied selection of organic produce, free range eggs, organic milk and many other organic and natural products can be found at the Piggly Wiggly at Market Common in Myrtle Beach. This Piggly Wiggly is very different in terms of selection than any Piggly Wiggly in their chain...it compares favorably with other upscale grocers...

Old 05-09-2011, 12:29 PM

That is very helpful, since we don't have Piggly Wiggly's here.

Old 05-18-2011, 08:17 AM

31 posts, read 88,312 times
We bought fresh free range eggs at the Conway Farmers Market this past weekend. As well as fresh peaches, strawberries, green beans and zuchinni. There was quite a variety above and beyond what we purchased and prices were fair IMO. Everything has been delicious! (I have found that fresh corn is priced quite high here though compared to up North)

Old 05-18-2011, 10:35 AM

That's great! Were the eggs local? Do you know if they have chicken for sale as well?

Old 05-18-2011, 11:55 AM

Default RE: Fresh Market

Fresh Market is opening in June.

Fresh Market will open in Pawleys Island in June - Breaking News - TheSunNews.com (http://www.thesunnews.com/2011/05/18/2166095/fresh-market-will-open-in-pawleys.html - broken link)

Old 02-08-2012, 07:50 PM

2 posts, read 9,764 times
Bay Naturals is about it ... if you a heath food type person, Myrtle Beach area is not the place for you or for me (I am leaving and going back to Austin). Even on Pawley's Island the definition of heath food is this area is a Krispy Cream donut. And education, South Carolina Education is an Oxy-moron ... really if you are into health food and literate (which I am guessing you are because you like heath food) ... stay away from this area ... the most miserable year of my life. There are not people here like you and your family. You will see poverty like you have never seen before, and you will have no one that you will want to be friends with because because it is very inbreed and zero education. A bartender would be considered a very successful profession here ... run!!! don't move here ... esp if you have children ... there is no education here, not even in private schools. I hope I have saved you before your move. If you are stuck here, look into home schooling ... you do not want your children growing up like these people. Atlanta - liberal notmal city. Myrtle Beach, Murrels Inlet even Pawley's if they could have slaves they would. I am a straight white female, who very much respects all races ... they don't here. Atlanta is a gem in the south stay there! Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area