Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2006, 03:54 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,789,699 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I'm planning to move to the SC in the Myrtle Beach area asap. I don't see many posts about this area? I will probably buy something either in Conway, Longs or N. Myrtle Beach. I currently live in NJ near the beach and love it where I live but I refuse to give this state anymore of my tax dollars. I realize that SC is very different from NJ and I did take a few trips there so I know somewhat what to expect but can anyone tell me more about the areas I mentioned above. If anyone else has moved from NJ to Myrtle Beach area I would especially like to hear what you have to say. Thank you, Mary Ann
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2006, 04:00 PM
GJM

465 posts, read 1,882,196 times
We are from NJ and having a house built in Myrtle Beach, Carolina Forest area. It should be ready Jan./Feb. We like the development we choose it is near the new school. I found the area from someone on another board from NJ who moved there and loves it.

Good Luck

Old 07-26-2006, 04:59 PM

890 posts, read 4,331,557 times
Traffic there is real bad especially heading out 501 towards Conway. Myrtle Beach has consistantly ranked as having the #1 highest crime in the nation for a city of it's size. Oh yeah and bikers week(s).....

Check it out for yourself: [links removed]

Personally, it's a fun place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there. Nothing personal, just giving you a heads up, just really do your research. You might love it there and that is fine, a lot of people do. It's just not my kind of place. There are quieter, nicer places further down in SC with beautiful beaches that aren't as overcrowded. Oh yeah, and did I mention bikers week(s)?...... What people see on the surface when they visit there and actually living there are two different things. I would suggest heading a little further down towards the Georgetown area or further north towards Little River. That puts you close enough to the MB area yet far enough away from all the tourists. That is unless you like being in the middle of all that.

Last edited by Yac; 07-27-2006 at 12:10 PM..

Old 07-26-2006, 05:56 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,789,699 times
Thanks for the info but I would like to live within 30 minutes of the airport because my boyfriend works for one of the airlines and will be flying a lot, so I can't go to far from Myrtle Beach. Also, we would like to buy a house with at least 1 acre or more so that's why we were looking at Conway & Longs. I was in SC looking at houses during bike week.....that doe'snt bother me and I live in NJ near the Jersey shore / NYC and the traffic here is worse then what I experienced in SC.

Old 07-26-2006, 07:51 PM

890 posts, read 4,331,557 times
Sounds like it shouldn't be a problem then. Good luck!

Old 07-29-2006, 11:00 AM

291 posts, read 1,783,341 times
It's a real fun area. We end up there every time down. Conway does seem to be rapidly growing. Check out mod cut for info.

Last edited by Yac; 07-30-2006 at 12:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area