Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 07:53 PM

2 posts, read 9,763 times

Advertisements

Yes the Fresh Market is a quasi whole foods knock off ... but NOT a Whole Foods. You will really really miss Whole Foods, Bay naturals is really the only place that is even close and it is smaller ...good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2012, 04:12 PM

2 posts, read 6,373 times
Default Upset educator

Quote:
Originally Posted by koosie View Post
Bay Naturals is about it ... if you a heath food type person, Myrtle Beach area is not the place for you or for me (I am leaving and going back to Austin). Even on Pawley's Island the definition of heath food is this area is a Krispy Cream donut. And education, South Carolina Education is an Oxy-moron ... really if you are into health food and literate (which I am guessing you are because you like heath food) ... stay away from this area ... the most miserable year of my life. There are not people here like you and your family. You will see poverty like you have never seen before, and you will have no one that you will want to be friends with because because it is very inbreed and zero education. A bartender would be considered a very successful profession here ... run!!! don't move here ... esp if you have children ... there is no education here, not even in private schools. I hope I have saved you before your move. If you are stuck here, look into home schooling ... you do not want your children growing up like these people. Atlanta - liberal notmal city. Myrtle Beach, Murrels Inlet even Pawley's if they could have slaves they would. I am a straight white female, who very much respects all races ... they don't here. Atlanta is a gem in the south stay there! Good luck
Well I am so very sorry that we didn't fit your idea of a perfect place to live. I find that close minded and obviously disgruntled people tend to stay that way. By the way there were 2 sections of Geometry and 1 section of Algebra 2 in the middle school where I am very proud to teach. That means that around 100 twelve and thirteen year olds are taking high school courses. I find your statements about racism very offensive and inclusive of everybody that lives here. That pretty much puts you in the same category of those you talk about, judging the masses from a few. I should imagine that you do have a hard time meeting people to be friends with. They probably don't want to hear all of your negativity.

Old 06-05-2012, 04:28 PM

2 posts, read 6,373 times
Marie001 There is a farm called Ovis Hill Farms that visits a gallery on 8th ave in MB every Wednesday and the farmers market in NMB Every Friday. The website is [URL="http://www.ovishillfarm.com"]www.ovishillfarm.com[/URL] If you email [EMAIL="charlie@ovishillfarm.com"]charlie@ovishillfarm.com[/EMAIL] he will put on the mailing list with the particulars. They do have eggs from free range chickens at their markets, but they ae in high demand so you have to email an order on advance sometimes. There are many stores down here that sell organic foods. Not as many as in ATL, but a little research goes a long way and you have already found a wonderful forum in which to do that! Welcome to the area!

Old 06-05-2012, 08:26 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,879,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by koosie View Post
Bay Naturals is about it ... if you a heath food type person, Myrtle Beach area is not the place for you or for me (I am leaving and going back to Austin). Even on Pawley's Island the definition of heath food is this area is a Krispy Cream donut. And education, South Carolina Education is an Oxy-moron ... really if you are into health food and literate (which I am guessing you are because you like heath food) ... stay away from this area ... the most miserable year of my life. There are not people here like you and your family. You will see poverty like you have never seen before, and you will have no one that you will want to be friends with because because it is very inbreed and zero education. A bartender would be considered a very successful profession here ... run!!! don't move here ... esp if you have children ... there is no education here, not even in private schools. I hope I have saved you before your move. If you are stuck here, look into home schooling ... you do not want your children growing up like these people. Atlanta - liberal notmal city. Myrtle Beach, Murrels Inlet even Pawley's if they could have slaves they would. I am a straight white female, who very much respects all races ... they don't here. Atlanta is a gem in the south stay there! Good luck
Wow. Two whole posts to bash the entire MB area. With any luck, these will be your only posts, seeing you having nothing nice (or true for that matter) to say. I wish you the best of luck in Austin.

Old 08-19-2012, 10:54 PM

1 posts, read 3,051 times
I was just surfing the net looking for this info, and here's a cool link I found - a food co-op in North Myrtle Beach

[url=http://www.tidalcreek.coop/]Organic Produce, Organic Foods, Wilmington NC, Cafe and Deli[/url]

I'm a little spoiled, since I can walk to a Whole Foods and ride my bike to a Trader Joe's (I live in CA) - but before WF I used to ride my bike to the local co-op... that's where I learned to use all the natural anti-aging products and it changed my skin regimen - upped my game! Take it from this 53 year old - quit smoking, use sunscreen, and use natural anti-aging products. (I never smoked, but just saying!) hugs!

Old 05-10-2014, 06:20 PM

39 posts, read 84,520 times
Bringing this thread back to life. I just moved to MB and one of my biggest concerns was that there isn't a WF or TJ's here. i was spoiled by a family owned organic market about 1/2 hour from me back in Maryland. My son now lives in Wilmington so I can figure something out - when he comes to visit or when I go up to visit him. I don't think it is going to be a big deal. I was told at TJ's to keep letting them know - go to their fb page and post.

Personally, I would prefer to buy my organic veggies and fruits from local farmers. Went to Fresh Market in Pawleys Island yesterday - similar to the one we had in Annapolis - not a real fan of it though - too many conventional products in the produce section.

Today, at the Farmers Market in Market Common, I was given the name of an organic farm - here is the link to it. Hope it helps someone. If you know of any others that service the area, I would love to know, especially those who sell at Farmers Markets. Thanks!

Sugarfoot Farms |

Old 05-10-2014, 06:22 PM

This is good to know . . .

Farmers Markets and Pickup Locations | Sugarfoot Farms

Old 05-10-2014, 06:30 PM

810 posts, read 1,183,318 times
We seem to have more and more in common. I LOVE TJ's and am really disappointed they aren't in MB. I even e-mailed them asking them to consider opening a store there!

Glad there is the Farmer's Market at least.

Old 05-10-2014, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saralvr View Post
We seem to have more and more in common. I LOVE TJ's and am really disappointed they aren't in MB. I even e-mailed them asking them to consider opening a store there!

Glad there is the Farmer's Market at least.
LOL! It seems that way! Between the two of us - we can make it happen!

Old 05-11-2014, 06:13 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,783,001 times
Yes, this has been a long running conversation here! We need a TJ for sure and they would do great here. I think most of us have written to them but let's keep it up, never know! I just hope if they do open, its one of their larger stores, some of them are very small and hope they open in a central location for us all. Too bad they don't franchise, maybe someone (or me) would have already opened one. For a long time I was crossing my fingers Whole Foods would have opened in the old Piggly Wiggly in Carolina Forest but instead Ollie's came in. I know they do a lot of research and go by average income besides other things and the low wages here might keep them away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area