Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2011, 04:11 PM

2 posts, read 11,930 times

Advertisements

I have lived in the area for about a year and haven't yet found a good place to shoot a handgun. I would like to shoot outdoors if possible but don't have private land to do so. I have been to the Myrtle Beach indoor shooting range by the back gate and don't find it too appealing. I have heard from some friends that live near the back of Carolina Forest that people there shoot in the woods behind the development. I found info on Back Woods Quail Club and Myrtle Grove Gun Club but I believe you can only shoot skeet there. If anyone out there has any advice please either reply here send me a direct message.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2011, 05:05 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,782,179 times
This is indoors: shooting range, Myrtle Beach Indoor Shooting Range Myrtle Beach, SC Home

Being that Carolina Forest is very residential not sure why anyone would consider shooting there. If you go further out in the country I'm sure there are places. Myrtle Beach and most of Horry County with the exception of far out in Conway, Loris and Longs would be dangerous and annoying to others.

Old 04-01-2011, 07:47 AM

1,518 posts, read 6,695,939 times
Rapture, don't your next-door neighbors have an outdoor "shooting range"? - Said with tongue firmly in cheek!! Or am I confusing you with someone else?

Old 04-02-2011, 07:21 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,782,179 times
No, that was me. They moved but there are still some people that shoot around here just not right next to me. I don't get it. Hey, thanks for reminding me! LOL

Old 04-02-2011, 10:40 AM

882 posts, read 3,538,824 times
Rapture- so your rowdy neighbors are gone? That's good news!

To the OP- good luck finding an outdoor shooting facility anywhere in the county. Your best bets are the indoor shooting ranges, one of which you mentioned already. I share your same feelings about The MB Indoor Shooting range. The fella that runs it DEFINITELY has his own mindset.. and he is NOT a people person..

Old 04-03-2011, 10:54 AM

1,518 posts, read 6,695,939 times
I have a question related to this topic, but not helpful to the OP (sorry). At an indoor shooting range, when you shoot at those paper targets, what is the wall behind the targets (where the bullets end up) made of? Does it absorb the bullets or do they fall harmlessly to the ground? I thought of this while driving by an indoor range here in central PA one day and I wondered if any bullets ever make it through the wall to the outside.

Old 04-04-2011, 07:16 AM

249 posts, read 515,468 times
Dawne,
Most indoor ranges have a steel back drop that's slanted. The bullets ricochet into a catch type system. I never heard of a bullet exiting an indoor shooting range.

Old 07-03-2011, 01:04 PM

36 posts, read 138,834 times
Shooting range backdrops are expensive. They are designed to stop the bullet and have it drop to a tray at floor level. Shooting is restricted to calibers that will not harm the backdrop. You need not worry about stray bullets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area