Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 07:18 AM

2,614 posts, read 5,832,690 times

Advertisements

Looks like The Fresh Market has renewed its interest in Pawleys Island, although with a smaller footprint - Coastal Observer (http://www.coastalobserver.com/articles/101410/3.html - broken link). It's an interesting store and would make a good addition to our area, although they usually don't offer a wide selection of essentials such as Moon Pies, Twinkies, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2010, 03:22 PM

1,019 posts, read 2,894,324 times
That would be great. I hope it happens. Even without the Moon Pies I think they would be a hit.

Old 11-29-2010, 09:31 AM

1,019 posts, read 2,894,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PawleysDude View Post
Looks like The Fresh Market has renewed its interest in Pawleys Island, although with a smaller footprint - Coastal Observer (http://www.coastalobserver.com/articles/101410/3.html - broken link). It's an interesting store and would make a good addition to our area, although they usually don't offer a wide selection of essentials such as Moon Pies, Twinkies, etc.
It doesn't say when (just mid 2011), but it is on their website so hopefully it will be soon.

The Fresh Market, A Fine Neighborhood Specialty Grocer

Old 11-29-2010, 11:28 AM

2,614 posts, read 5,832,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neecewh View Post
It doesn't say when (just mid 2011), but it is on their website so hopefully it will be soon.
Well, the trees are gone and the bulldozers are there. Site plans have been approved, but not the structure.

News for Pawleys Island, Litchfield and Murrells Inlet (http://www.coastalobserver.com/articles/111810/4.html - broken link)

Old 12-05-2010, 03:17 PM

540 posts, read 1,679,950 times
I've never heard of this store...is it a good one? Went to their website and nothing stood out to me, but maybe cause I'm sick and not processing things right now lol. I really wish we'd get an Earth Faire or Whole Foods However, we will be making the trek to Charleston as soon as I'm up to it. Guess that will have to do for now

Old 12-10-2010, 06:32 AM

62 posts, read 169,667 times
I saw on another thread that Trader Joe's may possibly open a store in Wilmington. Hope this is true as I don't want to travel 3 hours, with a cooler packed with ice, to Charlotte and get my Trader Joe's fix (with a stop at Ikea too). But seriously, although I will miss these stores when I move to NMB in January from Atlanta, one of the reasons I am moving is to go to a place where there are more opportunities to "shop local" and less temptations to spend money in chain stores.

Old 12-11-2010, 11:23 PM

540 posts, read 1,679,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by junepharm6 View Post
But seriously, although I will miss these stores when I move to NMB in January from Atlanta, one of the reasons I am moving is to go to a place where there are more opportunities to "shop local" and less temptations to spend money in chain stores.
Then why are you moving here? NMB is FLOODED with chain stores, as is MB and the surrounding areas. You can find smaller stores as well, but by and large they are chains. Probably because it's a tourist area and people will already have brand recognition from their home towns.

Old 12-12-2010, 05:33 PM

8,076 posts, read 4,753,953 times
Fresh Market tends not to build large stores...it's part of their charm, IMO. I love the Fresh Market--great produce, meats, and a lot of speciality stuff you just can't get anywhere else. The prices are a bit higher, but I've never been disappointed by their meats or the cheeses. I also love their floral department (actually cheaper prices than most local florists here!), and the whole "vibe" of the place, with the soft music and lower lighting.

Old 12-13-2010, 10:35 AM

62 posts, read 169,667 times
Although it may be true that NMB has many chain stores, it's nothing like the Atlanta area, which is where I am moving from. It's all relative....

Old 12-13-2010, 01:31 PM

1,145 posts, read 2,876,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by junepharm6 View Post
I saw on another thread that Trader Joe's may possibly open a store in Wilmington. Hope this is true as I don't want to travel 3 hours, with a cooler packed with ice, to Charlotte and get my Trader Joe's fix (with a stop at Ikea too). But seriously, although I will miss these stores when I move to NMB in January from Atlanta, one of the reasons I am moving is to go to a place where there are more opportunities to "shop local" and less temptations to spend money in chain stores.
How far is the drive from Garden City to Wilmington for TJS?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area