Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 08:29 AM

11,714 posts, read 24,867,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
This is a problem I've been having since moving here. I used to shop at Whole Foods and Wegmans plus some small health food stores and can't find anything here. My closest grocery store seems to specialize in animal parts, beer, frozen pizza and processed food but I'm in Conway so you may have better luck.

I was hoping when The Pig closed in Carolina Forest, Whole Foods would open there and there has been rumors but I would be surprised if they did. When these stores do their market research for areas they take into account a lot of things and average annual income of residents is one of them. I don't think the average income for this area would be high enough for Whole Foods, they usually open near metroplitan areas. Hope I'm wrong and they come here!
Should have moved to Greenville. Whole Foods Market, Trader Joe's, EarthFare, The Fresh Market, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2010, 03:08 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,795,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PawleysDude View Post
Well, he actually did very little at all, but yes, I think this was one of the items on his resume's "Accomplishments" list...

What else could you possibly want?? Maybe some Slim Jim's and boiled peanuts?? Welcome to the South!
Wow, I tried one of those boiled peanuts and they taste terrible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Should have moved to Greenville. Whole Foods Market, Trader Joe's, EarthFare, The Fresh Market, etc.
Maybe you're right but I wanted to be near the beach. Charleston may have been a better pick for me but all of these areas have their pros and cons. Just like up north, no place is perfect.

Old 10-06-2010, 06:42 PM

2,614 posts, read 5,839,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
Wow, I tried one of those boiled peanuts and they taste terrible!
Yeah, it's an acquired taste. I like them while they're still warm, immediately after they're boiled. When they've cooled down, not so much. Avoid the stuff sold in groceries or convenience stores; they're just nasty. The best part of boiled peanuts is closely monitoring the boil pot, usually carefully positioned under a shade tree and accompanied by a cooler of adult beverages.

Old 10-07-2010, 12:04 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,988,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PawleysDude View Post
Yeah, it's an acquired taste. I like them while they're still warm, immediately after they're boiled. When they've cooled down, not so much. Avoid the stuff sold in groceries or convenience stores; they're just nasty. The best part of boiled peanuts is closely monitoring the boil pot, usually carefully positioned under a shade tree and accompanied by a cooler of adult beverages.
I like boiled peanuts! I have a friend that visited from Auburn, California ... we stopped at a guy's place on the side of the road that cooks them right there ... her comment after trying "I cannot believe you people would do this to a peanut!"

Old 10-07-2010, 08:21 AM

1,145 posts, read 2,880,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I like boiled peanuts! I have a friend that visited from Auburn, California ... we stopped at a guy's place on the side of the road that cooks them right there ... her comment after trying "I cannot believe you people would do this to a peanut!"
Yeah, my my mother-in-law still wrinkles her nose at the mention of boiled peanuts! She's from Texas...I couldn't believe she had not tried them before. I LOVE them!!!! I call them Southern Edamame

Old 10-10-2010, 03:22 PM

245 posts, read 762,773 times
Try Perrones in Litchfiels, Kudzu in Litchfield, Bordetga in Conway, and moresels in Georgetown

Old 10-10-2010, 10:56 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,885,037 times
FYI, Perrone's is closed at the moment. They are in the process of moving across the street where Pita Rolz was & expanding to the other storefronts in that building. Should be opened in a month, so I am told. And they do have a good selection of gourmet food & ingredients.

Old 10-11-2010, 07:08 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,795,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbychoice14 View Post
Try Perrones in Litchfiels, Kudzu in Litchfield, Bordetga in Conway, and moresels in Georgetown
Bodega is not a supermarket or health food store. They sell mostly kitchen gadgets, wine, seasonings and some specialty stuff but not really food.

Old 10-11-2010, 11:54 AM

1,019 posts, read 2,897,020 times
Default For anyone not opposed to shopping online

I stumbled across this site while doing research for a project. I am sure it would end up costing more than Whole Foods, but it is as close as your computer.

Shop Organic

Also, for produce, I used to shop online at Diamond Organics (back when I didn't have to stick my money in a juicer to extract every penny ). They ARE expensive, but they were terrific. I haven't bought from them in years so I can't say if the current quality of their products is the same.

Diamond Organics

Old 10-14-2010, 05:49 PM

245 posts, read 762,773 times
I find that Bodega has quite a few speciality foods, I would put it on par with Kudzu but not as great as Perrones....I hope it doesnt take another month until the open back up, I have beeen craving one of their dips!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area