Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2017, 11:59 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,582,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post

Yes, they can. And yes, they should. And I say that as a big fan of Downey and what he brought to the character. But it's time for that character to go. He's run his course.

The Infinity Gauntlet is the perfect place to do a reboot. Because it's The Infinity Gauntlet! It would be one thing by which they could explain a "reset" or alternate dimension or whatever.

Which I don't think they should, by the way. I find that pandering. Trust the audience to be a little intelligent. Just say, "Hey, thanks for your love and devotion to our movieverse over the past years. But it has come to an end. Two years from now, you'll get a whole new Marvel movieverse. Consider the past 12 years our practice run."

A reboot is needed to get the Marvel Universe right. Marvel couldn't "get it right the first time" because they couldn't include half of their best characters. The current storyline cannot incorporate the Fantastic Four or the X-Men without it coming across as very jammed in and force fed. And with their major stars wanting to move on, they have every reason for a Do Over.

Really though ...

Marvel's new movie-verse ought to be animated. They are Disney after all, and there are so many characters that you could pull off in an animated film that just would NOT work live action. Characters like Reed Richards, Galactus, Doctor Doom, Green Goblin, Thanos, etc.

I like Downey myself I love him as Sherlock Homes Hope there's another movie in the works. I don't see anyone else playing Stark he's too perfect if you ask me.
If I'm correct you like Civil War right? Either way I felt like that they changed the story line WAY to much as they have to do in these movies. Even in the animated ones they still change the story some what. We all tend to agree that when these movies reach the screen they are so different from the comics. They all tend to feel forced even more so with BVS and now Justice League. It's tricky I agree to get the Gp what they want and to give the fans what they want as well.

Old 12-14-2017, 12:24 PM

22,953 posts, read 28,365,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I like Downey myself
I do too. I think he's one of the best actors of his generation. But I think his Stark has run its course.

Quote:
If I'm correct you like Civil War right?
I didn't hate it. I thought it was meh. A gimmick that never took off.

Old 12-14-2017, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post

I didn't hate it. I thought it was meh. A gimmick that never took off.

For me Civil War has missing WAY to many people important people to tell the story right. I liked the politics of it like with Dawn OF Justice.

Old 12-14-2017, 01:15 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,640,667 times
Quote:
For me Civil War has missing WAY to many people important people to tell the story right.
Exactly. It's funny that the very next year they got the IPs back to convey Civil War properly, especially with Spider-Man around.

Well, there's Civil War II...

Old 12-14-2017, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Exactly. It's funny that the very next year they got the IPs back to convey Civil War properly, especially with Spider-Man around.

That would a train wreck!

Old 12-14-2017, 03:46 PM

So Secret Wars for 2020?

Old 12-14-2017, 04:42 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,975,967 times
Quote:
For me Civil War has missing WAY to many people important people to tell the story right. I liked the politics of it like with Dawn OF Justice.
I think it was perfect for how out was Done. Without New Warriors, we wouldn't have Speedball cause it. We wouldn't have Wolverine tracing down the producer of MGH because of Fox (though not the case anymore.) The registration act would have worked if we saw negative comments more often through the series, we did but not to a level to cause this. Spider-Man wasn't established in the MCU until after Capt defended Bucky. Reed Richards would be needed for the Negative Zone prison. Zemo would need to exist to create The Thunderbolts to be Tony's thugs. Basically it needed to happen much much later. Also it would need to be at the least two movies to be done right. Maybe 4 with the tie ins.

Quote:

Please that was a stupid idea and involved Inhumans. Marvel can't get Inhumans right other than Skye on Agents of Shield into Season 3. Gave up mid-way.

Quote:
That would a train wreck!
Just like how many people tale Marvel Studios with The Inhumans...

Quote:
So Secret Wars for 2020?
Too too soon, plus it would require villains unless you mean the 2015 version. Again that would work better with the ins which honestly I don't see working in film...

Old 12-14-2017, 04:59 PM

NOTHING is TOO SOON for Disney-Marvel!

Old 12-14-2017, 05:01 PM

So can we get a good Man-Thing movie or what?

Old 12-14-2017, 05:43 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,975,967 times
Quote:
NOTHING is TOO SOON for Disney-Marvel!
Oh like it was for Warner bros. with the DCEU? Man have they screwed the pooch too many times despite me defending Batman V. Sulerman theatrical. They announced then pushed back and even scrapped movies right and left, while Marvel only pushed back Black Panther and Captain Marvel, while pushing Imhumans into a TV series that nobody watched and of those who did, they hated it.
Listen, I allow for changes so long as the story works in the movie universe (just like the comics in Earth-1, Earth-616, etc.) and the changes make for a good film. Ragnarok tool a great concept and shat the bed with yuk-yuk downgrading the seriousness of a film depicting the end in Norse mythology. That said, Civil War was not the Civil War we saw 10 years ago in the comics due to the limitations I mentioned; and the fact it was one single movie for a single character versus a 6 issue main release, several front line tie-ins and the character's solo books. That said, Civil War was still better than most of the Marvel movies in the MCU in my book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies