Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 10:27 AM

3 posts, read 18,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2blessed2stress View Post
mspryce...Unfortunately there are not a lot of Black salons that aren't in "the hood". Lot's of quality stylist end up at salons' like Ficcocello's, Aveda salons, etc. But then you PAY the price. My stylist (who I've been with for almost 7 years) is at Estetica in St Paul (Selby & Dale). She's great and the service is really good (no sitting in the salon for HOURS). But it's pricey. A shampoo/style is about $55. A relaxer is about $110.

Now, there are some good stylists in the city, where a shampoo/style would run $35 maybe and about $65 or so for a relaxer, but the price you pay is often times they aren't very well run and you have a stylist who's overbooked to the max and you end up wasting your whole day sitting...
2blessed2stress, do you mind sending me the name of your stylist? I am desperate to find a decent stylist. I'm a transplant from California. Thank you in advance for your response.

And if anyone else has a stylist they'd like to recommend, I would be grateful.
Thank you!

Old 11-03-2007, 09:53 AM

4 posts, read 56,482 times
Yea theres many up and down University St in St. Paul because that's were all the black braiding salons are. There's a popular one for natural hair in Minneapolis:

MALOBE is conveniently located in the uptown area of Minneapolis:
915 West Lake Street
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55408

Old 11-03-2007, 09:56 AM

mspryce have you found what you were looking for?

Old 11-03-2007, 10:03 AM

@ Aquemini311:

theres alot but there all scattered around saint paul-minneapolis but up and down Selby Ave theres a few good ones that I know people go to

Old 11-03-2007, 10:09 AM

hey how ya doin?
I go to Blessings in the midway area in st paul and its a black hair salon so check it out. If your looking for black braiding salons in st paul, there mostly all up and down University Ave (st paul)

(651) 645-1645
Blessings Salon
1451 University Avenue West
Saint Paul, MN 55104-4003

Old 11-14-2007, 03:34 PM

2 posts, read 32,098 times
Red face Black Barbershops

I finally found a stylist here in the Twin Cities! The Talk of the Town is fantastic! Everyone gets their hair styled by the salon's owner and he does an amazing job!
There is also a barber in the salon. I watched him cut while I was waiting (they get you in and out, don't worry...I was really early for my appointment) and he does a great job; he has those brothers looking good! Check them out on the web. It's a great place!

Old 11-17-2007, 10:38 AM

787 posts, read 1,697,664 times
To the original poster, a good Black Hair salon in the northern twin cities suburbs is:

Gracefully Yours Image Gallery

763-421-8353 • 2665 4th Ave # 10, Anoka,MN

She does a great job!!

She does my sisters, and my bro and I sometimes go there for haircuts (She's really versatile)

Old 11-18-2007, 08:48 PM

1,207 posts, read 2,424,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AQUEMINI331 View Post
What about good black barbershops? I live in Chicago but am seriously considering relocationg to the Twin Cities.

I know sistas in Minnesota be hurtin! I have an aunt in Omaha, NE and they have a hard time sometimes finding good black hair care spots.

The brotha who used to own/run World Class Barbers on Chicago & 38th several years ago was someone we followed all over the Twin Cities until he dropped outta site. Wish I knew what happened to him. He had a teen girl who braided something fierce in his shop too - cheap, fast, & fabulous!

T N T Barbershop on Nicollet & 38th Street in Minneapolis is excellent. I took my son there for many years - when I couldn't catch up with the brotha from World Class. They're well established & if you are into good political conversation - you get a good dose of that - Free of Charge!

---------

Malobe has an excellent reputation & does great for natural hair.

Malobe (broken link)

Old 11-19-2007, 07:07 AM

7 posts, read 45,719 times
Default Please help!

Hello, I am in the ST Paul area from out of town and need some help! I just got my hair weave done a couple of weeks ago from my stylist at home but there is a section that seems to be falling out. I need to find someone to tighten it up for me. Can someone please recommend someone for me please? I'd like to get this done this afternoon if at all possible. Thanks for your help and everyone have a nice Thanksgiving!

Old 11-29-2007, 08:07 AM

1 posts, read 14,012 times
Great forum. I am from Maryland also. Have been here since 1987. You have no idea how thrilled I am to find you guys!!!. My search have been very unsucessful. I cut off my dreadlocks about 2 months ago and put in a texturizer because I could not find anyone that could straighten / style Natural Hair. I had locks for 6 years. My biggest problem is - I live in the South Metro - South of the river, 25 miles south of Shakopee in New Prague. There are only a hand full of African Americans in this area. I love it out here and have been here for 11 years, but there are no services here for people of color. Is there anyone else on this forum that live in this area? Do you know of any Black Hair Stylist who has a salon in my area, or in Bloomington, Brooklyn Park, St. Louis Park or Wayzata ??? HELP !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota