Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support legalization of recreational marijuana in Minnesota?
Yes 50 81.97%
No 11 18.03%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2021, 07:37 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,364,120 times

Advertisements

For the people who live in greater Minnesota, I urge you to contact your state congress representatives and urge them to support legalization. It is time for Paul Gazelka and the others to stop delaying the inevitable and get this done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2021, 05:26 PM

2,105 posts, read 4,597,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
For the people who live in greater Minnesota, I urge you to contact your state congress representatives and urge them to support legalization. It is time for Paul Gazelka and the others to stop delaying the inevitable and get this done.
Will smoking this stuff do long term damage to a persons lungs>>> Why risk damage to your lungs if it is made legal, therefore easier to get?

Last edited by demtion35; 06-10-2021 at 06:44 PM..

Old 06-10-2021, 07:28 PM

2,105 posts, read 4,597,839 times
Quote:
A bill to legalize recreational marijuana recently passed in the Minnesota House of Representatives where it was dead on arrival in the senate thanks to Paul Gazelka and the Republicans. I’m wondering if those here support or are against legalization? If so, why?

Is it not voted on in the voting booth>> Is that why>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s29CDHUhLck

Last edited by demtion35; 06-10-2021 at 07:47 PM..

Old 06-10-2021, 07:53 PM

3,816 posts, read 6,441,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demtion35 View Post
Will smoking this stuff do long term damage to a persons lungs>>> Why risk damage to your lungs if it is made legal, therefore easier to get?
Cigarettes do this already, are legal, contain a legitimately addictive alkaloid and have caused millions of deaths. Haven’t seen you in here ranting against those, but suddenly you’re going to take a stand against the recreational pot smoker? What about the booze that is also legal with the potential to rot a person from the inside out plus has also caused millions of deaths in correlation with both consumption and collateral damage? Do you ever take a drink?

Old 06-10-2021, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by demtion35 View Post
Me personally? I don’t smoke so I don’t need to worry about what marijuana will do to my lungs. Unless you’re a communist or something I don’t think you should have to rely on the government to dictate what you can and can’t put into your lungs? That’s how I feel anyway. You apparently seem to think that society requires more handholding.

Old 06-15-2021, 09:13 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,083,485 times
They have essentially decriminalized it here in the Cities. I can't tell you how often I will be out and smell someone walking - see them smoking a joint right in front of my eyes, or I will drive from a red light and smell it from the car in front of me.

I am not a pothead - but I don't really think it is the worst stuff in the world. Liquor does more damage to society than weed does by a long shot.

With that said, it's not my issue. I'm indifferent to it being legalized or decriminalized (and as many here know I am a far-right conservative in every way).

Old 08-24-2021, 08:47 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
Quote:
A bill to legalize recreational marijuana recently passed in the Minnesota House of Representatives where it was dead on arrival in the senate thanks to Paul Gazelka and the Republicans. I’m wondering if those here support or are against legalization? If so, why?
As it so happens, marijuana is legal in Minnesota thanks to the 2018 Farm Bill...

This bill matters for legalization because it legalized hemp on a massive scale — not just pilot programs and the like. It was also an expansion of the 2014 Farm Bill, with those expansions including:

*The removal of hemp from the Controlled Substances Act (hemp being classified as the plant and all of its derivatives with less than 0.3% delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol on a dry weight basis.
*Allowing for broad hemp cultivation beyond pilot programs
*Allowing the transfer of hemp-derived products across state lines — woo!

^https://www.deltanorth.com/blog/why-is-delta-8-legal/

Furthermore, there is a dispensary in downtown Stillwater, the only one in the Twin Cities (if not the entire state).

https://cbdhousemn.com/home/

Located on mainstreet in downtown Stilllwater, next door to the German Christmas Store and a few doors north of the ice cream shop

The whole Delta 8 vs Delta 9 differences amount to a slight twisting of the chemical compound, and as that subject is too lengthy and technical to get into here, I won't get into that dissertation here. However, the high produced by the products available at the CBD House is in fact comparable to the marijuana readily available in the enlightened states that have legalized canabis elsewhere.

The high is a bit more chill with the products available in the Stillwater store but equally satisfying without the negative paranoias the some people might experience.

I recommend the pre-rolled cigarettes that are enhanced by being dipped in Delta-9 and then coated with hash...all perfectly legal.

Also available in all the edible forms you may be familiar with, as well as vape products, coffee and tea that I have not yet tried.

Last edited by Ghengis; 08-24-2021 at 08:56 AM..

Old 08-24-2021, 12:57 PM

20,096 posts, read 8,998,912 times
Usually takes 2 years from the time it's legalized until you can buy it in a store. Most states drag their feet forever, then towns can choose whether to sell in in their town (most don't). Now that the decision is based more on social justice than just legalizing pot, its going to take even longer. Cost of legalized pot with all the taxes get very expensive in some states. Black market isn't going anywhere.

Old 08-25-2021, 07:12 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,441,822 times
Just got back from Michigan, where I was delighted to visit some dispensaries and subsequently partake in their products. One place was open for in store purchase and another was drive up only for online orders. The latter had girls clad in summerwear serving the cars like it was an A&W or something! It was the

COOLEST
THING

EVER!!

And by the way.....judging by the prices and throng of customers at both locales, those people are making a freggin' fortune. More power to 'em.

Old 08-25-2021, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
Just got back from Michigan, where I was delighted to visit some dispensaries and subsequently partake in their products. One place was open for in store purchase and another was drive up only for online orders. The latter had girls clad in summerwear serving the cars like it was an A&W or something! It was the

COOLEST
THING

EVER!!

And by the way.....judging by the prices and throng of customers at both locales, those people are making a freggin' fortune. More power to 'em.
This might be the one issue you and I see eye to eye on. Perhaps one day you can use your hard-earned dollars to stimulate Minnesota’s economy instead of Michigan’s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota