Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2020, 01:13 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,708,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
I think we’re looking at roughly the same data. The 18% was referring to the non-white population and it appears they lumped in Hispanic, Asian, Native Americans and Pacific Islanders into that figure. Blacks or African Americans made up 7,998 of the 14,312 that made up the total non-white population in the city according to as far as I can tell is the most recent demographic data available.
I won’t argue with that.

Old 01-15-2020, 10:43 PM

202 posts, read 429,269 times
Quote:
I think we’re looking at roughly the same data. The 18% was referring to the non-white population and it appears they lumped in Hispanic, Asian, Native Americans and Pacific Islanders into that figure. Blacks or African Americans made up 7,998 of the 14,312 that made up the total non-white population in the city according to as far as I can tell is the most recent demographic data available.

Bro we are in 2020 now. 2017 data isnt even relevant right now. also the non east african non white ethnicity like asian hispanic and american black have an insignificant population in that area. st cloud was always referred to as white cloud for a reason. growing up as a mixed person i can recall my highschool having 1% black population. This was around the time of the first refugee resettlement in the early 2000 era. things have changed drastically in that time.

A diaspora of somali were sent here.. Is it so hard for you to believe that a proportionately major city in the state with the highest population of somali people outside of somalia might actually have a high percent of those types of people there? Again use common sense because you honestly making yourself looking very bad right now you seem to be intelligent but also incredibly naive and lacking in common sense and logic that a normal person of average intelligence would have. mpls has the highest somali population in any city outside of mogadishu. st cloud is 1 hour away. its really not much of a leap here. use your brain dude.

Old 01-16-2020, 07:31 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,444,722 times
Typical. God forbid the people of this country have a say in what happens to their communities. These liberal judges are a festering cancer in our society.

Liberals hate freedom and they despise the will of the people. The California gay marriage ban, Brexit, refugee resettlement....you name it. The people speak and they find a way to strike it down. And they call conservatives fascists?

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wire...ement-68302454

Last edited by Tyryztoll; 01-16-2020 at 08:24 AM..

Old 01-21-2020, 12:57 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,368,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
Typical. God forbid the people of this country have a say in what happens to their communities. These liberal judges are a festering cancer in our society.

Liberals hate freedom and they despise the will of the people. The California gay marriage ban, Brexit, refugee resettlement....you name it. The people speak and they find a way to strike it down. And they call conservatives fascists?

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wire...ement-68302454
I’m not sure I understand the outrage here.

1) The judge’s ruling cited that the executive order conflicted with the process outlined in the United States Refugee Act of 1980. If Trump wanted a long-term solution it would be up to congress to pass a new law or amendment to the Immigration and Nationality Act. I haven’t heard about anything like this being in the works.

2) Where refugees initially settle may be temporary and may not ultimately matter since they are then free to move anywhere in the country they want.

Old 01-23-2020, 11:21 AM

3,874 posts, read 4,695,825 times
Default Beltrami...

Quote:
I’m not sure I understand the outrage here.

1) The judge’s ruling cited that the executive order conflicted with the process outlined in the United States Refugee Act of 1980. If Trump wanted a long-term solution it would be up to congress to pass a new law or amendment to the Immigration and Nationality Act. I haven’t heard about anything like this being in the works.

2) Where refugees initially settle may be temporary and may not ultimately matter since they are then free to move anywhere in the country they want.
Thank you for your consistent & admirable use of FACTS & sources of info & for being a voice of reason here in this thread & in other threads on the Minnesota forum.
I grew up in a neighboring state & visited Minnesota dozens of times over the years & always had relatives &/or friends living there. As such, Minnesota is one of the numerous states I look into here on the city-data forum.
The home state of my childhood borders Minnesota & it & the state of my residence through my entire adulthood are both significantly more conservative than Minnesota but their forum areas are much less antagonistic &/or filled with things being said without the use of FACTUAL information to back up those claims.
Overall I've been shocked at much of the other content I've seen here. Disappointed would be yet another correct adjective that I'd chose to use. I've also noted that the moderators have had to step in & take corrective action. [Sorry - Mods role is not to interfere or correct members point of view]
To put it mildly, what is found here does not reflect the Minnesota I knew as a young person.

Last edited by elnina; 01-27-2020 at 12:56 AM..

Old 01-23-2020, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atler8 View Post
To put it mildly, what is found here does not reflect the Minnesota I knew as a young person.
The Minnesota you knew as a young person no longer exists. It has been irrevocably altered by liberals shoving FORCED diversity down our throats in a putrid attempt to achieve some kind of faux multicultural status. This has nothing to do with individuals relocating here in of themselves, this has to do with our own "government" hauling in unvetted throngs from war torn regions that are rooted in a religion that has been long known to seek dominance and destruction in correlation with the way of life you remember so fondly......all without the citizens of this state and this country having a say in the matter, which was the whole point when I started this thread. We finally have a President who thinks the people should have a say in what happens to their communities, but as usual all it take is one liberal gavel to put down the voice of the masses. The people speak and the liberals shriek.

Easy to judge us when you don't have to live here and experience it daily, isn't it? You're so shocked and disappointed! Spare us all your armchair lamentations and feel free to add something of substance since you're so concerned about what's going on in here.

Old 01-23-2020, 08:31 PM

Quote:
The Minnesota you knew as a young person no longer exists. It has been irrevocably altered by liberals shoving FORCED diversity down our throats in a putrid attempt to achieve some kind of faux multicultural status. This has nothing to do with individuals relocating here in of themselves, this has to do with our own "government" hauling in unvetted throngs from war torn regions that are rooted in a religion that has been long known to seek dominance and destruction in correlation with the way of life you remember so fondly......all without the citizens of this state and this country having a say in the matter, which was the whole point when I started this thread. We finally have a President who thinks the people should have a say in what happens to their communities, but as usual all it take is one liberal gavel to put down the voice of the masses. The people speak and the liberals shriek.

Easy to judge us when you don't have to live here and experience it daily, isn't it? You're so shocked and disappointed! Spare us all your armchair lamentations and feel free to add something of substance since you're so concerned about what's going on in here.
If I may ask, what is it exactly that you’re experiencing daily that has you so riled up?

Old 01-23-2020, 09:23 PM

Quote:
If I may ask, what is it exactly that you’re experiencing daily that has you so riled up?
Ah yes... when all else fails, draw the sword of patronization.

Sorry you interpret my stance as being "riled up". Wait... no...not sorry.

Old 01-24-2020, 09:18 AM

3,874 posts, read 4,695,825 times
Default Beltrami County..

Quote:

The amount of vitriol & complete contempt exhibited in your prior posts toward people who are different from you is astonishing.

Additionally, your apparent lack of knowledge of the rigorous process that immigrants to America go through so as to first gain entry & then to earn citizenship here is astounding.

I am retired & white and live in a FAR MORE DIVERSE area (and specific neighborhood) than what is generally found in the the Twin Cities.

Apparently a difference between you & me is that I am not threatened by the changing demographics of our country.
I'd suggest that a visit to New York City's Ellis Island could be a valuable learning experience for anyone who wishes to to better understand America's long history of immigration.

Old 01-24-2020, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Ah yes... when all else fails, draw the sword of patronization.

Sorry you interpret my stance as being "riled up". Wait... no...not sorry.
Sorry if I’m incorrect in my interpretation of the tone of your posts but at least my read is that you’re pretty upset about this and that it has had some kind of personal effect on you. I’m just trying to understand specifically what has happened to you personally to make you feel this way? You made a previous reference to experiencing this daily so I was just seeing if that was something you were willing to expand on a bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota