Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2018, 11:28 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,925,188 times

Advertisements

Funny to read this. I considered relocating to St. Cloud a few years ago. I stayed there once as a teenager. Seemed nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2018, 12:31 AM

2 posts, read 3,110 times
I live in St. Cloud and love it here. The city has grown quite a bit. It's 11 am and still busy in most highwayss but the traffic flow is superior in every possible way to the cities.

I don't know if its considered a large suburb of Minneapolis because its huge compared to others (like 150k+) or if it's a metro on its own but it's a big city with a cool downtown.

Old 07-27-2018, 12:49 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnesota-15 View Post
I live in St. Cloud and love it here. The city has grown quite a bit. It's 11 am and still busy in most highwayss but the traffic flow is superior in every possible way to the cities.

I don't know if its considered a large suburb of Minneapolis because its huge compared to others (like 150k+) or if it's a metro on its own but it's a big city with a cool downtown.
St. Cloud is its own standalone metro area and Benton County is also included in the St. Cloud metro area. Sherburne County is included in the Twin Cities metro area along with Wright County due to commuting patterns and proximity.

Old 02-21-2019, 05:28 PM

1 posts, read 1,673 times
You might be better off going to Rogers Minnesota, that way you will be reasonably close to your daughter, plenty of shopping and is not bad there, in case you have to go to Minneapolis St Paul to the airport, being in Rogers cuts your travel time more than half, Rogers is about 45miles from St Cloud going towards Minneapolis south of St Cloud, St Cloud is not the same as 20 years ago, compared to other cities crime is lower and it's much safer than most, some racial concerns, if you are from a large city you might find that some people here in St Cloud are somewhat socially insensitive to others, but overall it's not bad, if you choose to live in St Cloud if you are in to manufacturing, you can try working at "New Flyer Inc." for a while pay there is ok, starts over $16.00 per hour better than some companies, just remember jobs pay higher in the Minneapolis area but housing can be also, there has been some concerns about St Cloud Hospital, but you have to do research. Personally I think This Hospital has extremely nice people working there and the building is very nice looking. bottom line check out Rogers first!

Old 02-22-2019, 11:53 PM

948 posts, read 920,290 times
It's pretty hard to find anything affordable in Maple Grove or Rogers.

Old 02-23-2019, 09:12 AM

70 posts, read 66,119 times
I spent my college years there and lived in Sauk Rapids, there was a lot of new construction and businesses going up there, nice huge golds gym there. Nice new medical facilities. Last couple years I lived by the college more near downtown.

Sauk rapids and other suburb type areas are kind of nice. A little conservative out there though and could be considered bland and white washed. I recently spent a night in St cloud first time in years, the area I drove through looked real rough with homeless type people walking the streets, but I realize it was just a slice of the metro area.

Apparently the Somali population has really exploded in the last 10 years, a stripper at the strip club was mentioning how they come into the strip club sometimes, I just shrugged like Ok... seems so many Minnesotans have issues with Somalians. If I had a choice Id rather be by the cities somewhere, but im sure the home prices are much cheaper and less crowded areas not far from st cloud so I can see how that could be more appealing

Old 02-25-2019, 06:28 PM

512 posts, read 473,744 times
It's a nice city, having visited the city twice. However, it isn't culturally like the Twin Cities: Progressive and open-minded. I have a Somali friend who lives there. He told me that some of the residents harbor some microaggressions towards the Somali population that's settled there. He's had racial slurs shouted at him from car windows, and people in general are wary of him and his family simply because of their ethnicity. I believe him, especially if one scrolls down to the comments section of any SCTimes article pertaining to its Somali population. It's sad, really.

Otherwise, great place to live!

Old 02-26-2019, 09:15 PM

948 posts, read 920,290 times
St. Cloud's reputation has gone downhill. Many people say it's gotten bad, and some people do complain that there is a lot of Somalians there now. I can't help but wonder if the city has gotten worse, or if the reputation is just soiled by people who don't like the Somalians.

I know a woman who recently moved there, and she likes it.

Old 08-10-2019, 02:36 PM

66 posts, read 47,306 times
The people are really nice there, treat you nice and everything. I worked there for about a year and only left because I didn't want to live where my family didnt live. The winters are extremely cold.

Old 08-10-2019, 04:25 PM

713 posts, read 2,716,544 times
They have a very nice VA hospital there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota