Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2016, 04:24 AM

Location: Moved to Gladstone, MO in June 2022 and back to Minnesota in September 2022
2,073 posts, read 5,077,298 times

Advertisements

3 and a half years later I gotta laugh at this thread.

-Timberwolves and Lynx have gotten a new state of the art practice facility.

-Target Center has started their renovations and just installed a brand new scoreboard and the Lynx next season will play at Xcel as they renovate the Target Center

-As part of the agreement of the Target Center renovations, their lease has been extended from 2025 to 2035.

-With Towns, Wiggins and LaVine, we got the best team in Timberwolves history in the making right now.

-Theres also going to be a rebrand coming, no time frame has been given but it just so happens the Target Center renovation will be completed next year, and Nike takes over the contract from Adidas at that same exact time, so it will probably happen then.

The NBA fought tooth and nail to get something worked out in both Sacramento and Milwaukee. They don't want teams to relocate unless absolutely necessary, or unless the market (the political leaders and local government) give up or go hostile towards the NBA.

Because what happened in Seattle, they were completely hostile towards the NBA, and had a chip on their shoulder and the mentality there's no way they would possibly move a team from a world class coastal city like Seattle thats been there for over 4 decades to some cow town in the middle of nowhere like OKC, and ended up telling David Stern since there were no potholes in the court at Key Arena it was just fine and if they wanted an arena they can pay for it themselves.

Just watch a minute from the Sonicsgate documentary from 51:40-52:31 where they essentially tell David Stern to go take a hike.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9Dp20ydm1E

Last edited by Radical_Car; 09-05-2016 at 05:12 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2024, 08:54 PM

Location: Moved to Gladstone, MO in June 2022 and back to Minnesota in September 2022
2,073 posts, read 5,077,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete6032 View Post
Would it be a big loss for the state if the T'Wolves left or not?

Not saying its going to happen, just saying does anyone actually watch them?
Ya'll are a bunch of clowns and should be ashamed of yourselves, and going back and rereading all this while they're currently having their best season in their entire history is downright hilarious. I'm going to laugh so flaking hard if they win the championship this year while the Vikings and Mild, errr I mean Wild have yet to win anything.

How much you wanna bet that all the clowns in this thread that were trash talking them 10+ years ago are repping them hardcore now and pretending that they were diehard fans all along???

Oh, and by the way, no NBA teams will be moving in the foreseeable future. In fact, the NBA is looking to expand from 30 to 32 teams sooner rather than later, with Seattle & Las Vegas being the 2 cities that will more than likely end up getting them.

Old 05-07-2024, 10:38 AM

343 posts, read 185,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Car View Post
Ya'll are a bunch of clowns and should be ashamed of yourselves, and going back and rereading all this while they're currently having their best season in their entire history is downright hilarious. I'm going to laugh so flaking hard if they win the championship this year while the Vikings and Mild, errr I mean Wild have yet to win anything.

How much you wanna bet that all the clowns in this thread that were trash talking them 10+ years ago are repping them hardcore now and pretending that they were diehard fans all along???

Oh, and by the way, no NBA teams will be moving in the foreseeable future. In fact, the NBA is looking to expand from 30 to 32 teams sooner rather than later, with Seattle & Las Vegas being the 2 cities that will more than likely end up getting them.

Hey RC, you've been championing the Timberwolves harder and longer than most anyone (I think I remember Mpls Todd doing the same) on these boards, so you go ahead and crow to your hearts content as you've earned it.

Admittedly my investment in the Wolves has bounced between ambivalence, disdain and fatalism...but a life-long MN sports fan can only take so much despair before the shields go up.

Anyways hope you (we) get the ultimate reward, You've (We've) earned it.

Incidentally, I believe the WEolves 6 game winning streak to start this post season, ties the '81 North Stars (who started their post season run to the cup by sweeping the Bruins in 3 games before winning the next 3 against the Sabres) for the ALL-TIME MINNESOTA sports, post-season win streak.

Old Today, 09:23 PM

343 posts, read 185,363 times
Truth is...Timberwolves deserve a new stadium.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota