Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 02:59 AM

4 posts, read 18,710 times

Advertisements

Minnesota drivers > Missouri drivers any day of the week. Kansas city pleople are freaking morons, period. Went down there to visit grandparents, I had people change lanes without looking or signaling, while I am occupying the space they want. People doing 80, I get over to let them pass, and they want to cruise next to me, pacing my speed.

I will have to say that left lane hogs, are the worst here. You get someone going 66 to pass someone going 65, and they end up just sitting next to the other driver causing a backup, and tailgaters. I swear it will be ok if you go 5 or 10 over the limit to pass that guy, the world will not end, you will not die, just freakin pass him already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2007, 08:55 PM

16 posts, read 20,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Hero View Post
Minnesota drivers > Missouri drivers any day of the week. Kansas city pleople are freaking morons, period. Went down there to visit grandparents, I had people change lanes without looking or signaling, while I am occupying the space they want. People doing 80, I get over to let them pass, and they want to cruise next to me, pacing my speed.

I will have to say that left lane hogs, are the worst here. You get someone going 66 to pass someone going 65, and they end up just sitting next to the other driver causing a backup, and tailgaters. I swear it will be ok if you go 5 or 10 over the limit to pass that guy, the world will not end, you will not die, just freakin pass him already.
I totally agree. I've lived in several states; spent over 9 years combined in Germany, Belgium, and Korea; and have driven in dozens of cities throughout Europe, Northern Africa, the Middle East, and the Mediterranean...and without a doubt...Minnesota drivers are some of the worlds worse when it comes to driving discipline.

Old 10-02-2007, 05:06 PM

571 posts, read 2,531,308 times
I didn't read this whole thread, but yes MN drivers are SLOOOW! (And I'm a native Minnesotan so I can say that!) We went back out west (where we used to live) to visit this summer and I just about slit my throat coming back the "scenic" way through the Midwest.

On the other hand, people who live outside the "snowbelt" are absolute morons on anything but dry pavement.

Old 10-23-2007, 07:54 PM

16 posts, read 20,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidniteBreeze View Post
I didn't read this whole thread, but yes MN drivers are SLOOOW! (And I'm a native Minnesotan so I can say that!) We went back out west (where we used to live) to visit this summer and I just about slit my throat coming back the "scenic" way through the Midwest.

On the other hand, people who live outside the "snowbelt" are absolute morons on anything but dry pavement.
Good points all!

Old 10-25-2007, 07:47 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,724,415 times
Well it does look like the planners are trying to make improvements on the highways. I drive from the northern suburbs down 94 to 35W south to 494 every weekday. While there are truly many problems, looks like they're fixing the Crosstown and 35W and doing a good job of it.

For all who have complained about left lane Sunday drivers, I imagine we have all been guilty of it before. I know I am. And while I've lived from the west coast to east coast, Minnesota drivers are by far not the worst drivers. East coast drivers are scary. West coast (California) are simply out of their minds, Portland, Oregon drivers are truthfully angry drivers, Dallas, Texas drivers don't care, they'll run you down no matter what. Twin Cities drivers can be clueless, but really, I think this is an issue across the country and IMO Chicago has just as many problems, if not more than Minneapolis. I'll drive down to Bloomington, IL just to avoid the traffic mess and frantic drivers in Chicago. I think they are California wanna-be's in terms of driving fast and not caring. So see, you can touch on every region and you'll see bad drivers. We're all out there and you are one of them just like me. We all make mistakes, so let's give each other some grace when we're out there trying to get to work or home. Where I have to go is no less important than the meeting you're racing off to. Remember, it's about giving one another grace.

I'll be the one in the red sports car about 7:30 just before the Lowry Hill Tunnel. Honk if you see me! I'll raise my Starbucks to you while talking on my cell phone...and you pass me.

Last edited by june 7th; 10-26-2007 at 05:46 PM..

Old 10-27-2007, 08:01 PM

15 posts, read 58,661 times
What is slower traffic. When cops allow 120 in a 65 zone, what is slower traffic? 80 mph? 90 mph?

Old 10-29-2007, 11:03 AM

11,334 posts, read 26,104,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitst View Post
What is slower traffic. When cops allow 120 in a 65 zone, what is slower traffic? 80 mph? 90 mph?
How's this for an attempted answer:

Slower traffic - those who are travelling at less than the speed of the general traffic flow.

I always try to drive defensively, and part of that means I try to make as few waves (and interfere as little with other drivers) as possible. If that means a few miles over the speed limit, so be it.

Old 08-19-2008, 04:25 AM

2 posts, read 4,621 times
Default Worst drivers ever

I have lived up here for 10 years and Minnesota drivers are the worst. They go slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww in the left lane. They are do not know how to merge and they love to talk on their cellphone. They will drive 70mph on an icy road and drive 20mph below the speed limit when it rains.

Old 08-19-2008, 08:30 AM

481 posts, read 1,818,602 times
We honestly must have one of the most poorly designed highway systems in the country, when 3 lanes becomes 2 becomes 1 becomes 2 again and then 1, with left lane exit on top of left lane exit while oposing traffic is trying to merge in at 30 miles an hour below freeway speeds because of the ramp design, or having 2 freeway systems trying to merge together within a single lane like crosstown or 394.

Who's responsible for this mess? Has anyone documented what's going on with our road system and why it is the way it is? And why is it whenever there's road construction an entire neighborhood or part of the city is fubared because all the alternate routes magically sprout construction at the same time?

Old 08-19-2008, 10:59 AM

987 posts, read 3,821,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haver View Post
We honestly must have one of the most poorly designed highway systems in the country, when 3 lanes becomes 2 becomes 1 becomes 2 again and then 1, with left lane exit on top of left lane exit while oposing traffic is trying to merge in at 30 miles an hour below freeway speeds because of the ramp design, or having 2 freeway systems trying to merge together within a single lane like crosstown or 394.
Lots of wetlands make it difficult to build anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota