Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 09:29 AM

638 posts, read 3,126,234 times

Advertisements

Like I said, someone just scribbled on a map and that's where and how the roads were built!

Re tailgating: I've been in the right lane traveling 10 MPH above the speed limit (65 in a 55 mph zone), the road is nearly empty with clear lanes to the left and some idiot is less than 10 feet from my rear bumper. What is with that? Please explain that to me; why don't they USE those other lanes?

I've had that happen on empty highways up north in Wisconsin too; do they want to drive into my car and chat with me? I don't get it at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2007, 09:41 AM

5,342 posts, read 14,153,933 times
Tailgaiters have limited brain capacity! They can't comprehend that tailgaiting will not get them to their destination more quickly.

IMO-anyone who rear ends another vehicle is an idiot!

Old 08-18-2007, 04:35 PM

11,579 posts, read 13,964,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimtheGuy View Post
Tailgaiters have limited brain capacity! They can't comprehend that tailgaiting will not get them to their destination more quickly.

IMO-anyone who rear ends another vehicle is an idiot!
While I don't condone tailgating, perhaps is a sign you need to move over. There is likely a train of cars waiting to get by you.

Old 08-18-2007, 08:42 PM

987 posts, read 3,822,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bighusker View Post
I moved here from Omaha and I'm shocked at how poorly designed and outdated your innerstate ramps are. My least favorite (so far) is the 494 offramp to 394 east. There's like 500 feet of shared on-ramp-off-ramp and you have to time it just right so that the people merging can get over and you can merge off...and then you have the same problem when you actually merge on to the 394 "access road", only you are the ones merging on to the road and now you have to look out for exiting traffic! To top it off, the damn 360 curve slows you down way below a safe merging speed! And when you do finally get to a straightaway, too many idiots don't realize that you have to floor it immediately.

It also would have been nice if they had designed a grid plan for most of the roads instead of this haphazard mess of innerstates, highways and crazy windy dead-end residental streets...but it's a little late to fix that.
Too many lakes, creeks, and ponds.

Old 08-18-2007, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
While I don't condone tailgating, perhaps is a sign you need to move over. There is likely a train of cars waiting to get by you.

If I'm in the right lane and there is no one in the left lane; where the heck am I supposed to move over to? I swear that some people just like to tailgate! I've often wondered when they do this (tailgate cars in the right lane) if I did move over onto the right shoulder if they would also just out of habit!

Old 08-19-2007, 10:13 AM

11,579 posts, read 13,964,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenLee View Post
If I'm in the right lane and there is no one in the left lane; where the heck am I supposed to move over to? I swear that some people just like to tailgate! I've often wondered when they do this (tailgate cars in the right lane) if I did move over onto the right shoulder if they would also just out of habit!
If you're already in the right lane you can't do anything. Perhaps the person behind you is in fact simply a moron.

Old 08-19-2007, 03:09 PM

Quote:
If you're already in the right lane you can't do anything. Perhaps the person behind you is in fact simply a moron.
I'm sure there are more than a few of those everywhere! I just don't want them on my rear end!

Old 08-20-2007, 11:53 PM

262 posts, read 1,026,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuan View Post
Too many lakes, creeks, and ponds.
fair point. It sure limits your routes though.

Old 08-21-2007, 10:04 AM

5,342 posts, read 14,153,933 times
Quote:
Please...my tailgaiting pet peeve has nothing to do with me clogging up the fast lane. It has to do with people REAR ENDING other cars! A large proportion of accidents are rear end jobs. Now if there is glare ice or something...it can happen. BUT, otherwise I consider these accidents 99% avoidable.

And when tractor trailers tailgate ....oooooh... I get really worked up. I will slow down to a crawl in front of them. Do they think they can stop as quickly as my finely tuned ABS equipped car???? And how about when someone is tailgaiting a mortorcycle....ooooh

Old 08-26-2007, 09:24 AM

214 posts, read 692,312 times
Just wait until you drive in the west valley of Phoenix, where the retired people drive. The right lane has actually become the passing lane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota