Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 02:55 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,102,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
They are extra slow in the left lane and don't know how to merge properly. Except for me, of course

I usually tailgate the slow left lane drivers for miles on end. Especially when driving from here to Duluth. Once they moved over, I would pass, then drive slow in front of them to see how they liked it. Sometimes I would spray some windshield wiper fluid and hope it would land on their car. Evil, I know.
Not really. I quit buying washer fluid long ago and whenever I need my windshield clean I drive real slow in the left hand lane and before long someone zips around me and sprays washer fluid over the top of their car onto my windshield, works like a charm.

If someone ticks me off, I pray to Lucifer to come into their home and eat their face.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2011, 03:11 PM

927 posts, read 2,468,502 times
I would always speed in Minneapolis. I never had much of a problem with the cops, even though I did get my fair share of tickets.

Old 03-21-2011, 03:36 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,559,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Not really. I quit buying washer fluid long ago and whenever I need my windshield clean I drive real slow in the left hand lane and before long someone zips around me and sprays washer fluid over the top of their car onto my windshield, works like a charm.

If someone ticks me off, I pray to Lucifer to come into their home and eat their face.

Glad I am helping with the rampant dirty windshield situation.

You don't happen to drive a rusty 1995 Chrysler Grand Caravan do you? They give me the most trouble.

Old 03-21-2011, 05:46 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,102,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post

Glad I am helping with the rampant dirty windshield situation.

You don't happen to drive a rusty 1995 Chrysler Grand Caravan do you? They give me the most trouble.
no, but I know what you mean about those Grand Caravans, especially white ones!

Old 03-21-2011, 07:20 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,559,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
no, but I know what you mean about those Grand Caravans, especially white ones!
It was a white one! Its easier to spot the rust on those.

Old 03-22-2011, 09:12 PM

166 posts, read 391,828 times
Minnesotans do drive slower than areas like DC or ATL. Which is not entirely a bad thing. I also agree with traffic police/DMV regulations being strict than other areas. Example, no plate covers allowed, no driver side tinted mirrors, must have front and back plates etc.

Old 03-23-2011, 02:05 AM

105 posts, read 478,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Civic View Post
Minnesotans do drive slower than areas like DC or ATL. Which is not entirely a bad thing. I also agree with traffic police/DMV regulations being strict than other areas. Example, no plate covers allowed, no driver side tinted mirrors, must have front and back plates etc.
I always thought that Minnesotans are somewhat fast-paced but not much as Chicago though. I always see Chicagoans driving from 80 to 95 MPH on I-94 every time I go there.

Are vehicle safety or emissions inspections required in MN?

No plate covers allowed? That's first I have ever heard. That's pretty strict. LOL

Old 03-23-2011, 02:22 PM

333 posts, read 705,389 times
We spent over two years living in STL and that was the only major city I've ever been in that had slower drivers than MSP. Salt Lake is pretty close too but I think the combination of bad drivers and bad weather in the Twin Cities make it a uniquely annoying place to drive.

People gripe about fast traffic in Chicago, ATL, LA, etc. but it's heaven driving in those places outside of rush hour. If you're not doing 80, cars are passing you like you're standing still. It's fantastic. I've got better things to do than get stuck behind Ole while he clogs up the passing lane for 13 miles at 56 mph because he can't figure out how to work the lanes and doesn't see why anybody should be in such a gosh dern hurry anyoo.

Old 03-23-2011, 02:44 PM

3,971 posts, read 9,688,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtMagurt View Post
We spent over two years living in STL and that was the only major city I've ever been in that had slower drivers than MSP. Salt Lake is pretty close too but I think the combination of bad drivers and bad weather in the Twin Cities make it a uniquely annoying place to drive.

People gripe about fast traffic in Chicago, ATL, LA, etc. but it's heaven driving in those places outside of rush hour. If you're not doing 80, cars are passing you like you're standing still. It's fantastic. I've got better things to do than get stuck behind Ole while he clogs up the passing lane for 13 miles at 56 mph because he can't figure out how to work the lanes and doesn't see why anybody should be in such a gosh dern hurry anyoo.

Wow. Best post I've read on here in a long, long, long, time. Thanks for the post. I am getting so sick of sitting behind Ole Lundegaard's Subaru going 56 in the fast lane.

I remember the first time I went to California. I was 18 and just hopped off the jet and was in my cousins' car headed to his condo, and I was amazed at how fast they were driving!!

Old 03-23-2011, 05:26 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,427,873 times
I don't see anything wrong with doing the speed limit. If the sign says 55, I do 55. What drives me nuts are the nice people who drive one inch off my back bumper because I'm doing the speed limit. They're jerks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota