Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 12:12 AM

18 posts, read 120,832 times

Advertisements

I love the Imperial Room but just for drinks, i've never really met anyone there (well haven't met anyone anywhere yet, but I really don't even see the potential for it there) and i've been both when it's a regular bar as well as when it turns into a horribly stupid nightclub (and I emphasise horribly stupid, all the guys there are gangsta wannabee posers and it just makes an otherwise great bar loud and uncomfortable).

Old 02-03-2009, 07:05 PM

116 posts, read 294,677 times
Default Montreal the best

Hey guy's if you want nice clubs to x in the morning go to Montreal Canada

Old 02-03-2009, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoffy View Post
Hey guy's if you want nice clubs to x in the morning go to Montreal Canada
That's a bit of a road trip, even from MN. I think i'll start with the 7 corners as I planned (still trying to find a good spot to hit up for anyone who knows that area and/or reccomended it based on what I was interested in).

Old 02-09-2009, 08:46 AM

73,098 posts, read 62,737,535 times
I am convinced that most bars are not that great for socializing, especially if you go alone. If you're at a bar alone, expect a quiet evening unless one of the waitresses want to talk to you. Then again, I am not that outgoing of a person. For me, going to a bar specifically to get drunk is kind of pointless. I figure if you want to get drunk, stay home and do at. At least you don't have to call a cab or have someone drive you home, and you can plop on the couch or bed if passing out is a given. If you know a bar that is for more than drinking

Old 02-09-2009, 09:18 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,395,681 times
You ever been to Gasthof's in northeast Minneapolis off of University Ave? There is a decent sized dancefloor in the basement and live polka music. I was there on Saturday and there was an odd mix of people older than my parents and drunk U of M students. I think it's worth checking out.

Old 02-09-2009, 07:25 PM

109 posts, read 307,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
You ever been to Gasthof's in northeast Minneapolis off of University Ave? There is a decent sized dancefloor in the basement and live polka music. I was there on Saturday and there was an odd mix of people older than my parents and drunk U of M students. I think it's worth checking out.
The only time I've been there is the saturday night after graduation of college. You see, I went to a Christian school where drinking wasnt allowed, so when everyone graduated this is where they went to party it up. It wasn't all that fun the night I went. Maybe I should give it another chance, without all those annoying students from my school there

This weekend I hit up Legends in Northeast. It wasn't what I expected it to be. Kind of dead actually, despite the nice weather. Also, we went to Amore Victoria in uptown (turned out to be dead, but had very cheap tap beer for the weekend!) and then Stella's later. We didnt do much at Stellas though other than chat amongst each other. I was bored out of my mind while my friend was hitting on an acquaintence of mine.

I plan on checking out 7 corners at some point. Something tells me that's the next spot I need to go to.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krillbee View Post
The only time I've been there is the saturday night after graduation of college. You see, I went to a Christian school where drinking wasnt allowed, so when everyone graduated this is where they went to party it up. It wasn't all that fun the night I went. Maybe I should give it another chance, without all those annoying students from my school there

This weekend I hit up Legends in Northeast. It wasn't what I expected it to be. Kind of dead actually, despite the nice weather. Also, we went to Amore Victoria in uptown (turned out to be dead, but had very cheap tap beer for the weekend!) and then Stella's later. We didnt do much at Stellas though other than chat amongst each other. I was bored out of my mind while my friend was hitting on an acquaintence of mine.

I plan on checking out 7 corners at some point. Something tells me that's the next spot I need to go to.
Well I went to 7 corners as I had planned I would this weekend, and it was also kind of dead (although I never really found out where to go, I hit up the Brewery place and then went to Prestons and had a couple of those "fishbowls", haha).

But anyway, not much stuff going on it felt like.

I thought Amore Victoria was downtown (since I remember being turned down at the door for wearing jeans or something, actually I think that night was the first time I went to Barfly which is where I had ended up).

I've been to Legends before! I remember going there because it was someone's birthday, I do recall there being a dance floor situation downstairs but i dont think anything really raucus was going on. What I do remember about legends was their Saturday night 2 for 1's with college id (which I still have).

I really can't beleive Drink is still in the lead for a my purposes, there's got to be a similar but superior place.

Old 02-13-2009, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk13 View Post
Well I went to 7 corners as I had planned I would this weekend, and it was also kind of dead (although I never really found out where to go, I hit up the Brewery place and then went to Prestons and had a couple of those "fishbowls", haha).

But anyway, not much stuff going on it felt like.

I thought Amore Victoria was downtown (since I remember being turned down at the door for wearing jeans or something, actually I think that night was the first time I went to Barfly which is where I had ended up).

I've been to Legends before! I remember going there because it was someone's birthday, I do recall there being a dance floor situation downstairs but i dont think anything really raucus was going on. What I do remember about legends was their Saturday night 2 for 1's with college id (which I still have).

I really can't beleive Drink is still in the lead for a my purposes, there's got to be a similar but superior place.
Bummer, that's too bad to hear it wasn't as good. I wonder if it's become less of a hip spot since a couple years ago when I was last there.

Amore is in uptown around Lake and Irving, but who knows, maybe there is one in downtown too. It wasn't a fancy place at all. We walked in wearing scrubs and got tap beer for 2.50 for a decent sized glass

Yeah, Legends has a dance floor, but it was pretty bare the time that I went.

Tonight I'm headed down to the Annex with my friend. We're looking to do pretty well. Got free coupons for cover as well, wohoo! I've never been there before, and am interested to see how it is.

Old 02-14-2009, 02:43 PM

Report on the Annex:

I liked the upstairs portion, known as the "Lone Tree" better. Downstairs in the "Annex" it just seemed kinda shady. More of a 'devil' appeal. There were too many men standing around by the bar too, it was hard to make it over to the tiny dance floor. The women there were mostly dancing with there female friends. Lots of women with rings there.

Many failed hit-on attempts and laughs were had between me and my friend. We didnt stay very long though, we checked out other places after midnight.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:02 PM

73,098 posts, read 62,737,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krillbee View Post
Report on the Annex:

I liked the upstairs portion, known as the "Lone Tree" better. Downstairs in the "Annex" it just seemed kinda shady. More of a 'devil' appeal. There were too many men standing around by the bar too, it was hard to make it over to the tiny dance floor. The women there were mostly dancing with there female friends. Lots of women with rings there.
Many failed hit-on attempts and laughs were had between me and my friend. We didnt stay very long though, we checked out other places after midnight.
I see that alot in many places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul