Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2008, 10:04 PM

2 posts, read 3,511 times

Advertisements

Considering a job in south Minneapolis area, and looking for suggestions on neighborhoods to rent in. I am 40 something and no kids, ideal location would be relatively inexpensive, close to bike paths, urban with walkable bars, restaurants, markets and not too many dangerous characters.
Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2008, 11:41 PM

2,507 posts, read 8,559,693 times
I would begin looking around Lake and Lyndale. Cheaper than Uptown, more centrally located on the Midtown greenway. Lots of bars, restaurants. Serviced well by transit.

Old 08-04-2008, 12:26 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,231,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnehahapolitan View Post
I would begin looking around Lake and Lyndale. Cheaper than Uptown, more centrally located on the Midtown greenway. Lots of bars, restaurants. Serviced well by transit.
Lake and Lyndale is cool, however I would avoid anything between Lyndale to Nicolett and 26th to Lake; as well as Lake to 36th and Nicolett down to Grand.

There are some okay blocks within these parameters, and everything is cool during the day, but things can get a bit sticky at night if you are in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Old 08-04-2008, 04:37 PM

1 posts, read 1,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
Lake and Lyndale is cool, however I would avoid anything between Lyndale to Nicolett and 26th to Lake; as well as Lake to 36th and Nicolett down to Grand.

There are some okay blocks within these parameters, and everything is cool during the day, but things can get a bit sticky at night if you are in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The neighborhood you're describing (Lyndale to Nicollet, Franklin to Lake) is probably my favorite neighborhood in the whole city (Whittier) and yeah there are few blocks here and there that are a little dicey but I would love to move back into that neighborhood. That's where the majority of my friends live and I would recommend it in a second.

Personally I don't think I would want to live south of Lake, east or west.

Old 08-04-2008, 08:36 PM

2 posts, read 3,511 times
Default St. Paul

Thanks for your posts. Any suggestions in St. Paul, the commute does not bother me.

Old 08-05-2008, 06:39 AM

987 posts, read 3,817,383 times
I'd look for something west of Snelling/Grand that's closer to the river rather than farther. That way you can hit the river parkways and go South and have the option of crossing coupla bridges, or hitting the greenway and heading out west, or just using Summit or Grand Avenues to go E-W.

Old 08-05-2008, 06:51 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,364,120 times
If you're going to be working in south Minneapolis I don't think you have any reason to look in St. Paul. I live on the southside and love it. Minneapolis has alot more to offer than St. Paul in pretty much every regard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul