Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2024, 07:42 AM

3,789 posts, read 5,337,189 times

Advertisements

And we can't forget the Feeding Our Future group who donated heavily to DFL (Democrat) candidates. Their $250 million fraud is notable for being missed by the DFL-controlled governorship, legislature, and state Department of Health.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/us-at...ing-our-future

Gee, what can be done??

So, to answer the OP's question, i.e., topic of the thread: No, you aren't getting bad info about the political life in Minneapolis and St. Paul.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2024, 08:35 AM

26,430 posts, read 46,625,443 times
More strangeness going on, Nicole Mitchell, Senator, and former broadcast meteorologist at the The Weather Channel and New York:

https://apnews.com/article/minnesota...2a15c15b73a339

Old Yesterday, 07:00 AM

Wow, what a weekend!

According to CrimeWatchMpls, this weekend there were:

86 automobile thefts (31 in the Lakes and Uptown area, 21 in South Minneapolis, and 17 in NE and SE Minneapolis)
16 robberies (3 carjackings)
76 assaults
20 Shotspotter activations
51 thefts (stolen purses, items snatched from cars, larceny)

It sounds like a few organized groups are going around and doing the bulk of the crimes.

I don't read the Star-Tribune so I wonder if they are reporting these.

Old Yesterday, 09:08 PM

4,875 posts, read 6,937,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak View Post
Wow, what a weekend!

According to CrimeWatchMpls, this weekend there were:

86 automobile thefts (31 in the Lakes and Uptown area, 21 in South Minneapolis, and 17 in NE and SE Minneapolis)
16 robberies (3 carjackings)
76 assaults
20 Shotspotter activations
51 thefts (stolen purses, items snatched from cars, larceny)

It sounds like a few organized groups are going around and doing the bulk of the crimes.

I don't read the Star-Tribune so I wonder if they are reporting these.
People in cities with high crime become numb to it knowing that other than to just get it recorded on their insurance policy, in most cases after reporting the crime, nothing will be done about it.

Worse yet, if someone is arrested and they know you're the one who reported it, you can become a target for revenge. They might be on your front door the very next day after being released. So, it's often not reported. Since it's not reported, it doesn't become a statistic. Then, the politicians can brag on how crime is going down compared to years before when people actually WERE reporting crime.

Criminals in the Twin Cities know they have a get out of jail free card. This is what happens when your police department is neutered by brainless politicians voted into office by "progressives". Not very progressive in my book.

Old Today, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
Criminals in the Twin Cities know they have a get out of jail free card. This is what happens when your police department is neutered by brainless politicians voted into office by "progressives". Not very progressive in my book.
We'll have to see how the elections go this year. I know that Rudy Giulani "cleaned up" New York City by being tough on crime and even lesser things, like having the graffiti painted over every night.

Stopping minor infractions, like graffiti and subway turnstile jumping, is part of the "broken windows" theory. If you show all of the people that you are serious about keeping the city safe, then most will cooperate. Unfortunately, once the good times are taken for granted, then the soft-on-crime pols get elected and things go downhill again.

Currently there is a batch of virtue signalers in office. And the high-crime core's elected federal rep is running around NY City supporting Hamas. My neighbor is of the same race as she, but he and his family fled her district because, he told me, he was tired of hearing gunshots in the 'hood where his small children were trying to play outside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul