Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2024, 12:09 PM

1,930 posts, read 923,471 times

Advertisements

Take it to the POC forum ~~~~~>
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2024, 07:53 AM

163 posts, read 89,014 times
[Mod cut: orphaned]
Thank you for your Geo-political views (I'm 3rd gen Floridian). I've been to Minn. and its a beautiful state (outside the major metropolis). I appreciate all the states in my Union --- and when i was a kid, was a HUGH VIKING FAN (loved their wing tipped Helmets for some reason). I also recognize Minn. contribution to the USA. However, I don't like the politics of Minn (Just My Opinion). --- Perhaps if i was a Native to Minn., my perspective would be different.

NOW, if you CAN, please address the Topic of the Thread (i.e. Minneapolis). What can be done about the Lawless Crime and Politics of the City --- ???

Last edited by elnina; 03-10-2024 at 11:19 AM..

Old 03-11-2024, 12:26 PM

25,850 posts, read 16,547,069 times
The cops are overwhelmed and understaffed. Many are within a few years of retirement and are not going to be inclined to stick their necks out involving themselves in something that they could end up on trial by some kangaroo court in Minneapolis with a jury of political hacks.

So you have maybe a couple of hundred real cops and a small percentage of them who actually care about the city and upholding the law.

Those few have an enemy they can not overcome and her name is Mary Moriarity. She is supposed to be the county's attorney against all the criminality that is ruining the place but she is more like a defense attorney. When she is not cutting sweetheart deals for violent criminals she is going through the records and looking for technicalities to cut convicts loose on the streets. And the rest of the insane clown posse is trying to get felons and illegal immigrants the right to vote. Oh, and they want to make this a sanctuary state so just in case Trump wins he won't be able to kick them out of the country.

Oh we are doing great here, on our way down to the bottom.

Old 03-12-2024, 06:24 AM

6,568 posts, read 7,153,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The cops are overwhelmed and understaffed. Many are within a few years of retirement and are not going to be inclined to stick their necks out involving themselves in something that they could end up on trial by some kangaroo court in Minneapolis with a jury of political hacks.

So you have maybe a couple of hundred real cops and a small percentage of them who actually care about the city and upholding the law.

Those few have an enemy they can not overcome and her name is Mary Moriarity. She is supposed to be the county's attorney against all the criminality that is ruining the place but she is more like a defense attorney. When she is not cutting sweetheart deals for violent criminals she is going through the records and looking for technicalities to cut convicts loose on the streets. And the rest of the insane clown posse is trying to get felons and illegal immigrants the right to vote. Oh, and they want to make this a sanctuary state so just in case Trump wins he won't be able to kick them out of the country.

Oh we are doing great here, on our way down to the bottom.
She’s told from above what to do….she’s just a commissioner, no real power, just the speaking voice.

Old 03-15-2024, 08:34 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,982,442 times
adding to the struggle:
New York CNN —
Lyft and Uber will stop offering services in Minneapolis on May 1 after the city council overrode the mayor’s veto of a minimum wage for rideshare drivers.
Thecity council on Thursday voted 10-3 in favor of the override, allowing rideshare drivers to be paid the local minimum wage of $15.57 an hour.
Lyft said in a statement the bill was “deeply flawed” and that the ordinance makes its “operations unsustainable.”
Lyft and Uber to cease operations in Minneapolis after new minimum wage law

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/15/busin...age/index.html

Old 03-18-2024, 12:18 PM

2,579 posts, read 2,073,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
adding to the struggle:
New York CNN —
Lyft and Uber will stop offering services in Minneapolis on May 1 after the city council overrode the mayor’s veto of a minimum wage for rideshare drivers.
Thecity council on Thursday voted 10-3 in favor of the override, allowing rideshare drivers to be paid the local minimum wage of $15.57 an hour.
Lyft said in a statement the bill was “deeply flawed” and that the ordinance makes its “operations unsustainable.”
Lyft and Uber to cease operations in Minneapolis after new minimum wage law

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/15/busin...age/index.html

Far from over.

Drivers are already looking at rideshare companies other than Uber and Lyft:

https://kstp.com/kstp-news/top-news/...f-minneapolis/

And just today, there is at least one bill in the Minnesota legislature aimed at resolving this.

And, both Uber and Lyft announced they were leaving Seattle, only to remain after cutting deals to increase pay and benefits:

https://www.kare11.com/article/news/...2-320bd3807c3f

If there is money to be made, someone will step up to make it.

Old 03-20-2024, 07:06 AM

163 posts, read 89,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodburyWoody View Post
Far from over.

Drivers are already looking at rideshare companies other than Uber and Lyft:

[url]https://kstp.com/kstp-news/top-news/businesses-rideshare-drivers-look-to-the-future-as-uber-lyft-plan....
I suspect this is more about 'Corporate Greed' than the OP.

If Lyft/Uber have to raise the percentage of what drivers get in Minn., this will open the door for other states to follow.

I THINK ITS terrible that Citizens have to maintain their own vehicles and give up 40-60% of their gross income to URBER and Lyft ~

Old 04-22-2024, 04:04 PM

30,364 posts, read 51,976,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.columbo View Post
NOW, if you CAN, please address the Topic of the Thread (i.e. Minneapolis). What can be done about the Lawless Crime and Politics of the City --- ???

I would ask the same of your cities in Florida. Doesn't Miami have some of the highest crime rates in the nation? Hmmm.

But a better question is "why do you care?" Yeah, I know you said you care about all states in the US, but that's obviously not true. Maybe you care about the nation's prosperity as a whole, since that can affect all of us, but the rest is just you posturing and waving your red (political) flag. I'm not a fan of conservative politics, so I don't live in a red state/county. Pretty simple. I don't care that they exist, however, as any nation will have representation from all sides of the political fence. Are you implying EVERY city should be conservative? No thanks.

Old 04-22-2024, 04:05 PM

30,364 posts, read 51,976,363 times
(not sure how I ended up in this thread btw; just perusing different states)

Old 04-23-2024, 07:34 AM

3,789 posts, read 5,337,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.columbo View Post
[Mod cut: orphaned]
USA. However, I don't like the politics of Minn (Just My Opinion). --- Perhaps if i was a Native to Minn., my perspective would be different.

Topic of the Thread: What Can Be Done About Lawless Crime and Politics?

Well, when Democrat (DFL) legislators and their kin are themselves criminals, that is a good question: What can be done?

As the Minnesota Reformer reported, Minnesota State Senator Nicole Mitchell (DFL-Woodbury) was arrested Monday morning in Detroit Lakes and booked into the Becker County Jail for suspected first-degree burglary.

https://minnesotareformer.com/briefs...cted-burglary/

BTW, Woodbury is a St. Paul suburb, so it rightfully fits under the Minneapolis-St.Paul thread.

And don't forget former DFL state senator John Thompson, who lead a riot that trespassed on a police chief's property in Hugo. Thompson's son killed five Somali-American women when he blitzed through a red light at around 100 mph.

https://www.unionleader.com/son-of-f...07bbd8841.html

Since Dems don't ever seem to learn lessons, I guess a change in political leadership is the only solution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul