Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2020, 02:15 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,876,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
Your entire argument is built on a false premise. The responsibility to identify and notify close contacts rests with the Minnesota Dept of Health, not the person testing positive or their work associates. See item 3 at the link.

Do you not trust the MDH to do their job? Is Walz mismanaging contact tracing? Are you simply misinformed, having accepted what was written in the media at face value? Or is this fake outrage to score political points?

https://www.health.state.mn.us/disea...s/tracing.html
Actually....the questioning by the contact tracers includes asking about every place the infected has been, starting with 2 days prior to testing positive, and the days since.

The MDH health workers/tracers would not contact any establishments to notify them, unless the information was given to them by the person they are calling to discuss their positive status with.

If the establishment finds out after the fact, they now have to have all of their employees tested and possibly quarantined, along with anyone the staff has come into (6 ft) contact with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2020, 09:54 AM

5,831 posts, read 7,722,635 times
Quote:
Your entire argument is built on a false premise. The responsibility to identify and notify close contacts rests with the Minnesota Dept of Health, not the person testing positive or their work associates. See item 3 at the link.

Do you not trust the MDH to do their job? Is Walz mismanaging contact tracing? Are you simply misinformed, having accepted what was written in the media at face value? Or is this fake outrage to score political points?

https://www.health.state.mn.us/disea...s/tracing.html
In an attempt to get us back on track, I am reposting this. We have established that the responsibility for notifying close contacts of positive covid cases rests with the contact tracers at the Minnesota Dept. of Health, not the positive case or their work associates.

Carry on.

Old 11-17-2020, 01:40 PM

Can I ask why people are arguing with someone who has a total of 6 posts, all in this sub-forum, and is clearly trying to hijack the thread and take it way off topic?

Old 11-17-2020, 02:42 PM

47 posts, read 29,491 times
Rep. Gazelka issues apology.

https://www.startribune.com/gazelka-...tly/573103631/

Bygones..

Last edited by windchill; 11-17-2020 at 02:43 PM.. Reason: Punctuation

Old 11-17-2020, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by windchill View Post
Rep. Gazelka issues apology.

https://www.startribune.com/gazelka-...tly/573103631/

Bygones..
It’s probably the correct political move but there was no substance to the DFL outrage. No one seems to know whether or not the MDH has notified the close contacts. If not, that would seem to be the real scandal. We might find out one way or the other if we had an independent media in this town.

Old 11-18-2020, 07:22 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,390,191 times
Quote:
It’s probably the correct political move but there was no substance to the DFL outrage. No one seems to know whether or not the MDH has notified the close contacts. If not, that would seem to be the real scandal. We might find out one way or the other if we had an independent media in this town.
You buy falsehoods and conspiracies sewn by the likes of Project Veritas and Powerline yet at the same time aren’t willing to accept factual information about the Republican party’s lack of discretion of holding large group gatherings and then lack of transparency when said gathering caused a COVID outbreak. It is offensive to me how much of a partisan hack you are.

Old 11-18-2020, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
You buy falsehoods and conspiracies sewn by the likes of Project Veritas and Powerline yet at the same time aren’t willing to accept factual information about the Republican party’s lack of discretion of holding large group gatherings and then lack of transparency when said gathering caused a COVID outbreak. It is offensive to me how much of a partisan hack you are.
What is offensive to me is your inevitable retreat to name calling since, as usual, you lack any argument of substance. Every argument you have ever made is ad hominem or some other embodiment of logical fallacy.

Please point to the post where I defended holding a large gathering. You won’t find one because there isn’t one.

What I object to is this nonsense about “failing at a basic human level” in post #1. More mud slinging from the DFL stalwarts here.

Please link to the guidance from the MDH that states that the work associates of people who tested positive for covid are obligated to inform everyone who works for the same organization even if they had no contact whatsoever in the previous two weeks. You won’t provide that link because there isn’t one.

This is a made up controversy designed by true partisan hacks to score political points. I think it’s absolutely shameful— a failing at the most basic human level— for you to use a disease that has cost hundreds of thousands of lives to score cheap political points.

It seems that you do not have one shred of decency left. What you and your party are doing here is truly shameful.

Last edited by Glenfield; 11-18-2020 at 11:13 AM..

Old 11-18-2020, 11:39 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,390,191 times
Quote:
What is offensive to me is your inevitable retreat to name calling since, as usual, you lack any argument of substance. Every argument you have ever made is ad hominem or some other embodiment of logical fallacy.

Please point to the post where I defended holding a large gathering. You won’t find one because there isn’t one.

What I object to is this nonsense about “failing at a basic human level” in post #1. More mud slinging from the DFL stalwarts here.

Please link to the guidance from the MDH that states that the work associates of people who tested positive for covid are obligated to inform everyone who works for the same organization even if they had no contact whatsoever in the previous two weeks. You won’t provide that link because there isn’t one.

This is a made up controversy designed by true partisan hacks to score political points. I think it’s absolutely shameful— a failing at the most basic human level— for you to use a disease that has cost hundreds of thousands of lives to score cheap political points.

It seems that you do not have one shred of decency left. What you and your party are doing here is truly shameful.
Where did anyone suggest that is was an obligation? It was the right thing to do and it wasn’t done. This whole charade showed a glaring lack of leadership. Gazelka and others in the state GOP screwed up, plain and simple and your desperate attempts to talk around this simple fact are pretty obvious and disappointing.

Old 11-18-2020, 11:40 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,876,823 times
Quote:
The MDH only notifies the contacts the infected reports to have made. If the infected does not reveal an establishment, person, or gathering, there is going to be no contact by the MDH. This may explain why laying the blame on the MDH is an easy out for someone not wanting to acknowledge something so lacking in character.

The MDH doesn’t notify people they haven’t been given information about. Omitting that information is what the true source of this spread is. Some people don’t answer the call, some don’t reveal they are still going to work, some won’t even advise that there are other people living in their house. The reason given by the infected party was: Privacy. That explains the motive.

Cant blame the MDH when the infected party was notified by their health care provider as well, and then asked for all contacts.

IMO

Old 11-18-2020, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Where did anyone suggest that is was an obligation? It was the right thing to do and it wasn’t done. This whole charade showed a glaring lack of leadership. Gazelka and others in the state GOP screwed up, plain and simple and your desperate attempts to talk around this simple fact are pretty obvious and disappointing.
The original post said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrandViking View Post
https://www.startribune.com/memo-war...-19/573072342/

A day after it was revealed that GOP state Sen. Dave Senjem tested positive for COVID-19 after attending a Nov. 5 party caucus, news broke that Republican senators and staffers were informed in a Tuesday memo that “a number of [GOP Senate] members and staff have been diagnosed with COVID-19.”

DFLers were not informed of the rash of cases on the other side of the aisle.

Some serious self examination is required by the Republicans in the state Senate after this action. This is just a failing at the most basic human level.
I took exception to the part in bold and exchanged thoughts with the OP and a few other reasonable posters before you launched your typical personal attack here.

Quote:
Now I have no idea what prompted that childish little outburst and I really don’t care, but I see you’ve downgraded the whole situation from the original “failing at the most basic human level” to “the right thing to do” wasn’t done.

Next post you’ll be agreeing that it was all partisan grandstanding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul