Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2020, 10:22 PM

1,500 posts, read 1,771,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
there will be a stigma attached to Minneapolis for decades.
Yes. It’s all fun and games while the entire country is on fire regarding RE but Minneapolis will crash in 12-24 months when the fake money ends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2020, 11:23 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,124,820 times
Well, tell that to the owners who have invested in Eleven. The Upper Midwest's super luxury condo tower under construction right now in downtown Minneapolis. At 550 feet high, the Duplex Penthouses are 14,000 square feet and will be the tallest (and by far the most expensive) condos in the entire Midwest outside of Chicago. Doesn't sound like a retreat from the city to me. Or to investors.

I'm just using this as an example.

Seriously folks. Minneapolis is - right now - the 2nd-best Real Estate investment in the entire Midwest. Chicago is losing population but is still the King. St. Louis? Uh, No. Cleveland is a losing proposition. And what is left? Cincinnati? Kansas City? Detroit? Indianapolis? (Dear God No). Columbus? (At least a glimmer of hope there.) Every other Midwest City is an "also-ran."

Old 01-05-2021, 12:22 PM

441 posts, read 438,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaszilla View Post
People want Mpls to fail so bad it's hilarious.
Why do they want it to fail? I do not live in the twin cities but I love Minneapolis and hope it thrives because it is one area I am very interested in moving to. Probably not the city itself but a close suburb.

Your city is beautiful and we absolutely enjoyed visiting a few years ago.

A quick question and not intended to stir up things but how is the homeless population? Here it is out of control and they have disgusting camps set up all over the city even on sidewalks in downtown. I am NOT blaming them or anything they need help and they are not getting any. Plus with the cost of living going up I am wondering if it is contributing to the increase. When we would drive from our suburb to the medical clinic where i was getting my chemo we drove past at least 20 camps along the way. They throw trash all over the place .

Old 01-06-2021, 09:33 AM

126 posts, read 244,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARas2020 View Post
Why do they want it to fail? I do not live in the twin cities but I love Minneapolis and hope it thrives because it is one area I am very interested in moving to. Probably not the city itself but a close suburb.

Your city is beautiful and we absolutely enjoyed visiting a few years ago.

A quick question and not intended to stir up things but how is the homeless population? Here it is out of control and they have disgusting camps set up all over the city even on sidewalks in downtown. I am NOT blaming them or anything they need help and they are not getting any. Plus with the cost of living going up I am wondering if it is contributing to the increase. When we would drive from our suburb to the medical clinic where i was getting my chemo we drove past at least 20 camps along the way. They throw trash all over the place .
The park board is currently in the process of clearing the last of the homeless encampments this week. There are definitely more homeless here than there were a few years ago, but not as many as I've seen in some other cities I've visited in the last few years.

https://www.minneapolisparks.org/encampments/

Old 01-08-2021, 03:34 PM

542 posts, read 447,474 times
[Mod cut: off topic]

Since you are new to this forums you will quickly find that others will challenge or correct posters based on opinion or facts. This is not limited to the Minnesota forum or the posters. If you venture forth on other forums do not be surprised if you meet some swift "corrections" when you venture forth an opinion about a state or city, especially if it is negative. I've seen some state and city responses that make this forum seem very tame.

Last edited by elnina; 01-10-2021 at 01:26 PM..

Old 01-10-2021, 01:26 PM

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Back on topic, folks! Please.

Old 01-12-2021, 08:22 AM

4,859 posts, read 6,918,406 times
A historical Minnesota based company, Schwan's Sales Enterprises.

https://www.siouxfalls.business/asia...o-sioux-falls/

Also of note, Amazon is building a 640,000 sq. foot distribution center in Sioux Falls as we speak. Initially it will hire 1,000 workers. I wonder why they didn't consider the Twin Cities. It sure couldn't have anything to do with the new business environment, could it?

https://www.keloland.com/news/your-m...ux-falls-site/

Old 01-12-2021, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post

Also of note, Amazon is building a 640,000 sq. foot distribution center in Sioux Falls as we speak. Initially it will hire 1,000 workers. I wonder why they didn't consider the Twin Cities. It sure couldn't have anything to do with the new business environment, could it?

wrong on both accounts.

https://www.startribune.com/lakevill...ter/572802552/

Amazon expects to open a 750,000-square-foot fulfillment center in Lakeville next summer, following a unanimous City Council vote Monday to approve the tech giant's plans.

The center, which would be the second such Amazon facility to be built in Minnesota, is headed for a 72-acre parcel in south Lakeville, at the southwest corner of Dodd Boulevard and County Road 70 (also known as 217th Street).

Please don't post nonsense.

Old 01-12-2021, 09:16 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,364,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post

I find your obsessive contempt for Minneapolis and the Twin Cities odd and concerning.

Old 01-12-2021, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
I find your obsessive contempt for Minneapolis and the Twin Cities odd and concerning.
A side benefit to the 600 person food processing plant is that those type of industries are magnets for immigrant workers.

Meanwhile in other news, Eden Prairie lands Artic wolf.

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota...y-to-minnesota

Arctic Wolf has until this year called Sunnyvale, in the tech Mecca known as Silicon Valley, its home. But on Thursday, it announced that it will be relocating its head office to Eden Prairie, where it already has a presence.

The move came on the same day the company announced it had raised $200 million in funding, which sees the company valued at $1.2 billion.

Arctic Wolf says that its Minnesota base has "been at the center of the company’s corporate growth strategy" over the past four years. It currently employs 200 workers there, and as part of its plans to shift the HQ, will add 150 new jobs and construction a new security operations center.

"The Minneapolis area has a rich and growing history of world-class technology companies, that combined with access to a highly-skilled workforce, central location, and a favorable business environment, make it the ideal place for Arctic Wolf to call home,” said Nick Schneider, Chief Revenue Officer, Arctic Wolf.

I will see you your Korean food processing plant and raise you an Artic Wolf.

Last edited by TheGrandViking; 01-12-2021 at 09:49 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul