Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2020, 08:04 AM

2,400 posts, read 754,643 times

Advertisements

What is the cure for cancer? Remove the disease right? Will Minneapolis voters vote out the SJW leadership?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2020, 08:12 AM

6,405 posts, read 8,984,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Check the history of Detroit and its riots. Look at them now. There's your answer.
Apples and oranges. Detroit's decline began, at least, a decade prior to '67. The auto industry expanded. At one point in time 1 of 4 vehicles in the world was manufactured in Detroit. That was long gone by '67. Middle class residents began to flee in the early 50's. New homes were popping up in the suburbs and people could buy homes with luxuries like driveways and yards. In the 60's Cavanagh dealt the true death blow and instituted the city income tax. It was was the final straw for many. In one ill fated decision the middle class could now live cheaper in the suburbs on top of the appeal of new homes. The riots sped up the exodus for some but even if the riots hadn't happened, if the police ignored a blind pig or one kid didn't throw a bottle, the end result would have been the same. Detroit was a one trick pony that could not survive the abysmal Cavanagh administration.

Old 06-17-2020, 11:05 AM

1,173 posts, read 550,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
You bring up a good point.

If residents and business perceive city management (and even elected officials) are hostile to them, and will allow anarchists/mobs run rampant like they did, who will want to invest or even remain in Minneapolis?

I know a lot of people are sheep, but not everybody. The riots and destruction was very real, and city management failed, and failed hard.

The city council are all very left wing, and the council presidents public comments after the riots died were simply stupid, due entirely to her left wing bias.

Jacob Frey fake sobbing on funeral casket of George Floyd did not fool a single thinking person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Vph7pc0vFA

The soonest indication of the people of Minneapolis being serious about rebuilding Minneapolis and showing Minneapolis is a welcoming, safe place to be is by flushing that divisive turd Ilhan Omar in 2020.

The council and mayor can follow.

That will help set a tone that will encourage business and residents to invest in Minneapolis.

My youngest sister moved from Minneapolis up north to to Pine City last weekend. She had enough of the uncertainty for sure.
This x 10. ^

Old 06-18-2020, 10:00 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,086,660 times
The Twin Cities are one--party rule and have been my whole life. It's not good. Your options are: super liberal or communist. Just like California or a lot of Europe. I don't know how much I can take before I get rid of my St. Paul home.

Old 06-18-2020, 10:05 PM

Honestly if I didn't have the best neighbor ever (I trust him with my life) I'd be gone.

Old 06-19-2020, 08:59 PM

1,500 posts, read 1,772,161 times
Is anyone else astounded that these 13 city council members (12 I guess since I dropped out - what a shocker) make a starting base salary of $98k. Like what in the actual? The image they portray is akin to them being in the trenches with the protesters. In other words they are getting paid $98+k (so mind you for the lady whose been on it for like years and years is making significantly more) to make decisions for the masses. Decisions that have no evidence or thought. Scary stuff when we pay (very well) with tax payers dollars to people that make emotionally driven decisions.

Old 06-19-2020, 09:19 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,371,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minntoaz View Post
Is anyone else astounded that these 13 city council members (12 I guess since I dropped out - what a shocker) make a starting base salary of $98k. Like what in the actual? The image they portray is akin to them being in the trenches with the protesters. In other words they are getting paid $98+k (so mind you for the lady whose been on it for like years and years is making significantly more) to make decisions for the masses. Decisions that have no evidence or thought. Scary stuff when we pay (very well) with tax payers dollars to people that make emotionally driven decisions.
What is your complaint, that they make too much? In my opinion they don’t make enough. Minneapolis is a weak mayor council where it is the council that has the most power. Collectively they run the city. It’s a full-time job and one with immense responsibility. If the pay was higher it would probably entice more talent from the much more lucrative private sector.

Old 06-20-2020, 12:07 AM

3,594 posts, read 1,793,000 times
Minneapolis and SP are a war zone right now. Multiple mass shooting events, armed robbery after armed robbery on the scanner. This has to be the worst night of the year as far as violent crime.

Old 06-20-2020, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
Minneapolis and SP are a war zone right now. Multiple mass shooting events, armed robbery after armed robbery on the scanner. This has to be the worst night of the year as far as violent crime.
There is an eerie feeling in the air. A certain population (we all know who) smell blood in the water - they have been emboldened and enabled by complete lunatics running the MSP into the ground.

If you are in the Cities you should own a firearm - of course do it legally. It is clear the so-called "leaders" don't care about your safety at all - they have made it clear they have more solidarity with criminals and thugs than their tax-paying citizens.

I think I've finally decided to cash in my IRA...not because of the stupid Coronavirus nonsense. It is because of the completely anarchist, neo-fascist so-called "leadership" I am seeing throughout this once-decent nation and how they care more about lawlessness and criminals than they do law, tax-payers and sanity.

Old 06-20-2020, 09:02 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,371,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
There is an eerie feeling in the air. A certain population (we all know who) smell blood in the water - they have been emboldened and enabled by complete lunatics running the MSP into the ground.
White supremacists?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul