Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2021, 10:11 AM

367 posts, read 545,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaysos View Post
Society can’t function on Zoom calls and everyone hiding out at home all day. It’s not working well for us (society) translates to companies to not have synergy. We are social beings. That’s why most are going back to the office.
I agree that we are social beings, but I prefer separating my work from my personal life and I'd rather have my social interactions and experiences with actual friends/family than coworkers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2021, 11:09 AM

4,362 posts, read 6,534,951 times
Too many companies are invested in the Agile business model. WFH isn't part of that culture. We won't see working in the office go away anytime soon. That said, there are surely some that found they could save by not occupying so much office space. A few that is. Many of us already were mixing the in office with some regular WFH so that's likely to remain.

I like being able to do both. No I don't enjoy the commute with rush hour traffic, but it's beneficial to interact with other employees, especially one's you don't specifically work with. You'd never know them at ail if WFH was 100%.

WFH 100% of the time was a nice change of pace. It'll be hard to break that pattern of convenience. Truthfully I'm as productive in the office as I am at home, no difference. I'll be ready when it's time to return. And return, most of us will.

Old 08-04-2021, 03:34 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,379,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
Too many companies are invested in the Agile business model. WFH isn't part of that culture. We won't see working in the office go away anytime soon. That said, there are surely some that found they could save by not occupying so much office space. A few that is. Many of us already were mixing the in office with some regular WFH so that's likely to remain.

I like being able to do both. No I don't enjoy the commute with rush hour traffic, but it's beneficial to interact with other employees, especially one's you don't specifically work with. You'd never know them at ail if WFH was 100%.

WFH 100% of the time was a nice change of pace. It'll be hard to break that pattern of convenience. Truthfully I'm as productive in the office as I am at home, no difference. I'll be ready when it's time to return. And return, most of us will.
I don’t disagree with some of the points you’re making but it is my belief that many companies will hit the brakes on their Return to Office plans due to the rapid spread of the highly contagious Delta variant. It has yet to hit hard in Minnesota but I suspect that will change in the next month or so.

Old 08-04-2021, 04:16 PM

441 posts, read 440,427 times
My husband's company doesn't have any plans to return to the downtown office anytime soon. I know he misses interacting with his co workers. But honestly he gets much more work done when he is home. Even before the Covid. The good thing is he can technically live anyplace as long as he has high speed internet. But we won't be going anyplace in the near future. i am in the middle of my second round of chemo and all my doctors are here in Portland.

Old 08-22-2021, 08:25 PM

180 posts, read 128,639 times
I was in Minneapolis a few weeks ago with my family for vacation. I worked in Downtown from 2006-2008 at the One Financial Plaza (n/k/a Canadian Pacific Railway Plaza) and my wife worked at US Bancorp Center. I had heard that Downtown was dying, especially the skyway. I must say that while it wasn’t as happening as it used to be back when my wife and I worked there, it still had a lot of the same shops and restaurants. Even took my kids to Candyland. Disappointed they no longer carried the now & laters, but the popcorn was still legit as ever!

That said, two things my wife and I did notice that really stood out to us:

- Gavidae Common. What happened?

- Downtown Macy’s. Losing the downtown Macy’s left a big gaping hole in Downtown. That store was a treasure and sad to see it go. Same for Barnes and Noble

- The area around Nicollet near Target not as nice as it used to be.

With that said, it’s clear that Mpls as a whole ia booming. Warmed our hearts to see the area doing so well. While we only lived in MN for two years, I still have very fond memories of the area and it is still the top of the list of places I have lived

Old 04-11-2022, 07:16 PM

3,971 posts, read 9,681,074 times
With the Eleven and RBC Gateway completed, what's next? I see that there are cranes for the beginning stations just beyond left field of Target Field for North Loop Green - The 36 floor office/multi use project that also includes a 14 floor tower.

https://thedevelopmenttracker.com/mp...rth-loop-green

Old 04-12-2022, 02:21 PM

6,560 posts, read 7,143,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knke0204 View Post
With the Eleven and RBC Gateway completed, what's next? I see that there are cranes for the beginning stations just beyond left field of Target Field for North Loop Green - The 36 floor office/multi use project that also includes a 14 floor tower.

https://thedevelopmenttracker.com/mp...rth-loop-green
The Pohlad’s are going to allow a building that will be able to see into games at Target Field without buying tickets???

I’ll bet units with a view will have to pay the Twins for said view.

Old 04-14-2022, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
The Pohlad’s are going to allow a building that will be able to see into games at Target Field without buying tickets???

I’ll bet units with a view will have to pay the Twins for said view.
For what it's worth, views from buildings like that just aren't that great. Of course you can see the field, but it's weird angles and sight lines. Nowadays, teams sell the "experience" of going to the ballpark, not some view from 500 yards away

Old 04-14-2022, 06:37 PM

6,560 posts, read 7,143,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knke0204 View Post
For what it's worth, views from buildings like that just aren't that great. Of course you can see the field, but it's weird angles and sight lines. Nowadays, teams sell the "experience" of going to the ballpark, not some view from 500 yards away
I was at the game yesterday sitting 20 rows behind home plate and the building is right behind left field. I could see the crane guy in his cab while 200 ft off the ground. It’s closer then you’d think.

Old 04-15-2022, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
I was at the game yesterday sitting 20 rows behind home plate and the building is right behind left field. I could see the crane guy in his cab while 200 ft off the ground. It’s closer then you’d think.

No it's not closer than I'd think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul