Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 08:48 PM

8,056 posts, read 10,651,352 times

Advertisements

What ever happened to responsible journalism and reporting a story after all of the facts are in?

People go on stupid a** Facebook and YouTube and they think they are getting clear and factual information? I mean, really??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2016, 08:54 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,472,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
This was in the northern part of Mpls - and in case you're not familiar - this is crime central here. There are few nights that a shooting and/or murder doesn't occur there. The crime rate is exploding in this city by gangstas moving in from other prime crime areas (Chicago, Gary, IN, etc...) I guess it's getting too hot there so we may as well mosey on over to Mpls.
Oh please. The Twin Cities doesn't know what "gangtas" or real crime is.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:42 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,028,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
That is what you call Racial Profiling

It's called life - deal with it. There's a good way to stop all of it but no one seems interested ~ or ~ they know it will never happen and try to steer everyone's attention elsewhere by using terms like racial profiling, racist, etc...

Nice try but it's getting real old.

My statement would include anyone in that area, not just the majority race.

Someone mentioned the Twin Cities doesn't even know what real crime is:

That may have been true at one time but recently a woman was traveling on 35W and a guy cut her off so she honked at him. He slowed down, got next to her and his passenger open fired on her. I think this could be categorized as real crime. This to my knowledge has never happened here but times have indeed changed.

North Mpls use to be a nice place - a boss of mine had a house there and it was very nice. He had to sell and get out. Now it's just another crime ridden arm pit.

This morning on the news they said this shooting happened in St Anthony (near N Mpls). I looked at a map and Falcon Heights is right there - so the area of nastiness is growing. This is comforting.

Burglaries in SW Mpls have gone up something like 80%. This is the lakes area - high $$ real estate. Lots of people have cameras and the pics are nice and clear. Car thefts are rampant . Oh yes, rapes have gone up in 1 SW precinct by~~91%~~~this is no lie.

When will things get better? When this crap stops.

Old 07-07-2016, 10:00 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,472,640 times
Quote:
That may have been true at one time but recently a woman was traveling on 35W and a guy cut her off so she honked at him. He slowed down, got next to her and his passenger open fired on her. I think this could be categorized as real crime. This to my knowledge has never happened here but times have indeed changed.
Minnesotans are some of the most passive aggressive drivers in the nation. I have never seen anything like it. You all become animals behind the wheel. If people weren't so cowardly, many of you would die at the hands/wheels of a passive aggressive driver who thinks his/her rights trump everyone else's. Not a good example.

Old 07-07-2016, 10:33 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,028,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
Minnesotans are some of the most passive aggressive drivers in the nation. I have never seen anything like it. You all become animals behind the wheel. If people weren't so cowardly, many of you would die at the hands/wheels of a passive aggressive driver who thinks his/her rights trump everyone else's. Not a good example.

I absolutely can not believe you are excusing that behavior because you think we are passive aggressive. No wonder things just get worse and worse. You justify everything - make excuses for everything. Don't respond to my posts anymore - disgusting. When will things get better - probably never.

Old 07-08-2016, 12:09 AM

4,823 posts, read 4,951,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifat View Post
Cleverfield is just a Cleveland booster troll looking for a flimsy reason to attack Minneapolis because he has some sort of irrational vendetta against it. This is a major news story that's probably been talked about ad nauseum in every office in the metro today.

You want us to start a thread on City-Data about it, too? In a subforum where news stories typically aren't the subject of threads? Maybe worry about the racial tensions in your own troubled city, or look for an inferiority complex support group.
Exactly. She needs to go back to her east Cleveland wealthy suburb she came from and pack-up her lame ''urban'' credentials once and for all. She's from the WASP/Jewish wealthy eastern suburbs of Cleveland with a history of putting down blue collar ethnics (aka Catholics) yet think they stand with ''the people'' (inner city blacks)....please. Old song. Like she cares about incarceration rates in MN....lol.

Wonder if she's starting a thread in the Dallas forum about the cops killed tonight and if Texas is going to sweep that under the rug?

She may want to arm herself because the RNC starts in Cleveland July 18. She'll be the first one looking for the police to protect her as*.

Old 07-08-2016, 12:16 AM

4,823 posts, read 4,951,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
What ever happened to responsible journalism and reporting a story after all of the facts are in?

People go on stupid a** Facebook and YouTube and they think they are getting clear and factual information? I mean, really??
Fact gathering and investigation before not even the story but the guilt blaming is way out of hand with this Facebook, youtube, twitter and all that other b.s.

Obama is just as bad on this issue.

Old 07-08-2016, 01:11 AM

23,238 posts, read 29,085,198 times
Quote:
I'm going to guess here that he was told to put his hands on the steering wheel - he then said Oh but I have a permit to carry <any bets counterfeiting CCPs are the latest criminal activity?>. Cop says to put your hands on the steering wheel - guy goes to grab ????? - could be his permit or it could be the gun. Let's say he actually had a legitimate permit. Anyone that would be given one of these would have to be smart enough to know that when you are told to put your hands on the steering wheel, you do it. I don't care if you have a note from God. He reached and was shot. I have no doubt that if that was me the same thing would happen. The police can't afford to second guess these situations. And~~the same rules apply to blacks -like it or not.

St Paul is no Disney Land.
You may not believe it, but there are those, who haven't been pulled over by a cop in a decade or 2 or 3, who are unaware of this protocol.

I was pulled over one night, around 3am, and it had been a couple decades or more since I was pulled over by a cop, and as he was walking towards my car, I thought I'd speed things up, knowing he'd be asking for my insurance card and title, by reaching to the glove compartment to retrieve it.

Very angrily: Put those hands on the steering wheel!!!

And, innocently, I couldn't figure out why he was so angry, until I had a talk with some of my co-workers the next night:

"You idiot! You could have been shot!"

Old 07-08-2016, 02:40 AM

775 posts, read 777,432 times
Can I say something really radical? I am from MN. Grew up there. Come from a family where the reason they have to stock up on guns is to protect themselves from a possible tyrannical government. Textbook 2nd Amendment stuff. Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition. Now we have a guy who legally carried. Just Maybe with the same sanctions and blessings of the 2nd....just like everyone else. But he was black. So his CCW didn't matter? He told the police he had a weapon and a CCW. So the tyrannical government was the police? Who decides what this is? What form does "tyrannical government" take? Now everyone is upset about the death of police in Dallas, as am I, but how did we get here?

Old 07-08-2016, 04:12 AM

7,735 posts, read 6,479,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado Baby View Post
Can I say something really radical? I am from MN. Grew up there. Come from a family where the reason they have to stock up on guns is to protect themselves from a possible tyrannical government. Textbook 2nd Amendment stuff. Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition. Now we have a guy who legally carried. Just Maybe with the same sanctions and blessings of the 2nd....just like everyone else. But he was black. So his CCW didn't matter? He told the police he had a weapon and a CCW. So the tyrannical government was the police? Who decides what this is? What form does "tyrannical government" take? Now everyone is upset about the death of police in Dallas, as am I, but how did we get here?
Yep. All this talk white people have about "the right to bear arms," and here we have a black male who is legally exercising that right, and he's killed..

The killings of cops in Dallas is horrible and unnecessary, but is it surprising? Black people have been marching since the 50s and there's still a lot to go. Police forces need to take cases like this seriously. Racial hatred is systematically harboured in law enforcement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul