Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 03:59 PM

6,539 posts, read 7,118,145 times

Advertisements

I have a feeling, the cop said could I see your license, he said sure and as he went to get it he said I have a gun before he said he has a conceal and carry permit? Thus the cop thought he was reaching for his gun? How he told the cop he had conceal permit and had a gun, the wording is everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2016, 04:30 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,804,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
This was in the northern part of Mpls - and in case you're not familiar - this is crime central here. There are few nights that a shooting and/or murder doesn't occur there. The crime rate is exploding in this city by gangstas moving in from other prime crime areas (Chicago, Gary, IN, etc...) I guess it's getting too hot there so we may as well mosey on over to Mpls.

So, the problem starts with this bad behavior which establishes a really bad reputation and when you establish a bad reputation for yourself you are treated accordingly. If you want to be angry then be angry at all these criminals. Sometimes innocent people pay for the crimes of others - sometimes these people aren't innocent at all.

I keep getting the impression that groups like BLM want to shove these facts under the rug - don't talk about that.
Uh huh... and what does this have to do with blowing away a legal concealed carry individual who had volunteered to the officer that he was legally carrying (FYI: Minnesota law does not require a CCW permit to volunteer that information - only to provide it if specifically asked)?

Nothing. Nothing at all.

But you're nevertheless running interference for an agent of the state who killed a law-abiding citizen. And on what rationale? Oh, right - North Mpls is a bad area, so it's OK to just shoot motorists anywhere within a ten-mile radius of there 'cause... BLM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And this happened in a St. Paul suburb, Falcon Heights, not North Mpls.
In fact, Falcon Heights doesn't even border Minneapolis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
I have a feeling, the cop said could I see your license, he said sure and as he went to get it he said I have a gun before he said he has a conceal and carry permit? Thus the cop thought he was reaching for his gun? How he told the cop he had conceal permit and had a gun, the wording is everything.
Because the first thing a bad guy who is going to shoot a cop does is first inform the officer that he's armed?

You may be just explaining the chain reaction of events, not justifying them.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Quote:
Reynolds said Thursday that police “treated me like a criminal … like it was my fault.”

She said police took her off the scene and took her phone, handcuffed her and “manipulated us to go to the station” where she waited without answers to her questions, including whether Castile was dead.
Gov. Dayton: Castile would be alive today if he were white - StarTribune.com

Well, good thing they secured her phone! That's a potential lethal weapon there!

I wonder how long they huddled and discussed destroying it before realizing that they probably couldn't get away with it?

Old 07-07-2016, 04:31 PM

1,395 posts, read 2,658,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverfield View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...t-on-facebook/

I came on this page disappointed to see that there was no thread started yet to discuss this story. This is not something to sweep under the rug. How are Minnesotans dealing with this? Or are you just ignoring it? Social justice for minorities in Minnesota needs to be addressed. I read that the black to white imprisonment rate in Minnesota is among the highest in the nation. How are these problems being addressed? My guess is it's the typical Minnesota "ignore it and it doesn't exist" mentality.
Well for starters, this terrible incident hit the news close to the time that everyone is usually in bed. I did not hear about it until about 8:00 this morning. So you take it upon your self to start this thread in the early morning just to use this unfortunate tragedy to take a swipe at Minnesota and its people. That's pretty low and does not speak highly of you and the people of Cleveland. I guess not all of us are glued to our computers all night. Most people on this forum know that you have some kind of irrational hatred of the Twin Cities and wish Cleveland was more like it.

Old 07-07-2016, 04:35 PM

712 posts, read 529,850 times
Quote:
I'm going to guess here that he was told to put his hands on the steering wheel - he then said Oh but I have a permit to carry <any bets counterfeiting CCPs are the latest criminal activity?>. Cop says to put your hands on the steering wheel - guy goes to grab ????? - could be his permit or it could be the gun. Let's say he actually had a legitimate permit. Anyone that would be given one of these would have to be smart enough to know that when you are told to put your hands on the steering wheel, you do it. I don't care if you have a note from God. He reached and was shot. I have no doubt that if that was me the same thing would happen. The police can't afford to second guess these situations. And~~the same rules apply to blacks -like it or not.

St Paul is no Disney Land.
Name a single case of counterfeiting a ccp.
Thank god you don't have a badge.

"Reaching" for a wallet is justifiable shooting? I don't want to live in a police state like that. If you're that much of a coward that you have to shoot someone for reaching for a wallet get another job. There's a 1000+ applicants who want to be a police officer. You deal with drunk/mentally ill ect and they don't always follow instructions.Criminals run. Officers are not judge dredd and give government powers to execute people. Go to Germany during the Nazi regime if you want that crap.

Your first line of thinking is not to shoot them. If you can't handle it find another line of work.

Old 07-07-2016, 04:39 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
Quote:
This was in the northern part of Mpls - and in case you're not familiar - this is crime central here. There are few nights that a shooting and/or murder doesn't occur there. The crime rate is exploding in this city by gangstas moving in from other prime crime areas (Chicago, Gary, IN, etc...) I guess it's getting too hot there so we may as well mosey on over to Mpls.

So, the problem starts with this bad behavior which establishes a really bad reputation and when you establish a bad reputation for yourself you are treated accordingly. If you want to be angry then be angry at all these criminals. Sometimes innocent people pay for the crimes of others - sometimes these people aren't innocent at all.

I keep getting the impression that groups like BLM want to shove these facts under the rug - don't talk about that.
if you are going to post bs you should be called out on your lack of credibility...check your facts if you even have the sense to do so

Old 07-07-2016, 05:09 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,861,074 times
He tells the officer he has a gun, and then in the video, the woman describes the police as shooting him between three and five times. An officer in the video can be heard saying, “I told him not to reach for it. I told him to get his hand out.”

Old 07-07-2016, 05:58 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,861,074 times
BTW, the cop was Asian.

Old 07-07-2016, 06:16 PM

2,578 posts, read 2,067,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It is a sad thing when stuff like this doesn't shock me. It is sad when I as a Black man expect to be viewed as a threat and treated as such. It is sad when I hear about this to happen and think "same as it ever was, nothing will change". What happened in Falcon Heights has happened all over the USA.
Doesn't shock me, either, and I am a just a white guy in the 'burbs. Stay safe, mariner.

Old 07-07-2016, 06:27 PM

2,578 posts, read 2,067,004 times
Quote:

No. No, it was not. You are misinformed on the very basics of this.

Old 07-07-2016, 08:23 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,908,718 times
Quote:
I almost let you wait - if you are in a high crime area, you are naturally suspect. When that area in known for gun violence you are suspect. Stop all this criminal activity and everyone will live happily ever after. Continue and it will only get worse. I believe this is just old fashioned common sense. Tired of all the excuses.
That is what you call Racial Profiling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul