Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 08:14 PM

3,971 posts, read 9,688,667 times

Advertisements

WHERE. CAN. I. FIND. INDIVIDUAL. CITY. DATA. POPULATION. #s???????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????????????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2011, 09:01 PM

409 posts, read 1,242,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knke0204 View Post
where. Can. I. Find. Individual. City. Data. Population. #s???????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????????????
First, calm down. Then:

Go to the link camden northsider posted. Click on the dropdown menu that is defaulted to "alabama". Click on "minnesota". Wait for it to load. Read.

Old 03-17-2011, 09:02 PM

2,699 posts, read 2,413,225 times
Quote:
WHERE. CAN. I. FIND. INDIVIDUAL. CITY. DATA. POPULATION. #s???????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????????????
Calm down.

Old 03-17-2011, 09:41 PM

3,971 posts, read 9,688,667 times
That link has nothing about city population.

Old 03-17-2011, 10:24 PM

409 posts, read 1,242,622 times
Quote:
That link has nothing about city population.
As I said, go to Camden's link (American FactFinder), select Minnesota.

Old 03-17-2011, 11:55 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,102,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPerpKazoo View Post
As I said, go to Camden's link (American FactFinder), select Minnesota.
That's WAY TOO SMALL! I CAN'T READ IT!!!!!! ARGHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I think I KNOW how to look up stuff on the INTERNET!

stupid census.

Old 03-18-2011, 12:41 AM

11,334 posts, read 26,108,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
That's WAY TOO SMALL! I CAN'T READ IT!!!!!! ARGHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I think I KNOW how to look up stuff on the INTERNET!

stupid census.
If you are using Firefox as your browser, "Control +" will increase the display font size. In Internet Exploder 6, the View menu has a Text Size option you can use, and newer versions of IE likely a similar mechanism.

Old 03-18-2011, 02:14 AM

16 posts, read 44,384 times
[quote=.

Let's face it folks, saying "I wouldn't recommend x area because of 'crime' and/or 'schools'" has really just become code for "a lot of minorities live there" (well, at least here in MN), even when a big proportion of the minorities being referenced are middle class, as is the case with B.P. ....and this happens all the time on this forum.[/quote]

Camden, also when people say "the reason Brookdale failed was because of limited stores, outdated, 1 level, Arbor Lakes, etc..." and also D/T minneapolis, i.e. Block E failing,,, "Just doesn't have the right kind of shops/places" is really code for ???????????????????

Old 03-18-2011, 04:59 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,355,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camden Northsider View Post
To be fair he might have been responding to one of my earlier posts, roneb, although I agree with your summation above and feel the need to give a disclaimer that any of my posts related to this topic are coming purely from a sociological interest/fascination (and past studies I have done related to 'white flight'), and are not meant to in way shape or form imply anything negative about either B.C. or B.P.- in fact, I'm often the one telling people how ridiculous they are for their irrational fears/perceptions or overstated crime concerns related to both of these suburbs. I think it's great that there are diverse, integrated suburbs in MN, and am a little saddened/disappointed by history repeating itself with the significant decline in white population in these suburbs over just 10 years (in the sense of "why are white people so afraid to live in integrated areas??")- the crime stats don't justify the flight, and I've never seen a reliable indicator related to school concerns.

Let's face it folks, saying "I wouldn't recommend x area because of 'crime' and/or 'schools'" has really just become code for "a lot of minorities live there" (well, at least here in MN), even when a big proportion of the minorities being referenced are middle class, as is the case with B.P. ....and this happens all the time on this forum.
Or it could be "code" for crime is increasing and schools are declining in an area .

Old 03-18-2011, 07:06 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,102,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
If you are using Firefox as your browser, "Control +" will increase the display font size. In Internet Exploder 6, the View menu has a Text Size option you can use, and newer versions of IE likely a similar mechanism.
oh, ok thank you - I always wondered what some of these extra buttons were for.

tried to rep but it said that "rcsteiner doesn't need your acknowledgement to validate his existence"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul