Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Orlando similar to Miami?
Yes 16 19.51%
No 66 80.49%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 12:15 PM

1,344 posts, read 3,610,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Newman View Post
Hopefully neither city has assclowns like you living in them !!
Typical Mee-ami rudeness...

My biggest qualm with Orlando is its horrendous traffic. The freeways are too narrow. Everything looks new and fake, and I still can't understand what attracted so many people to an inland city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2009, 12:44 PM

2,113 posts, read 5,076,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba libre View Post
Typical Mee-ami rudeness...

My biggest qualm with Orlando is its horrendous traffic. The freeways are too narrow. Everything looks new and fake, and I still can't understand what attracted so many people to an inland city.
Yeah , libre you are a bastion of manners , class and restraint . By the way I am from NYC and have never lived in Miami ... my comments to the mad scientist were simply based upon that fact the he/she has only negative , sarcastic , and cynical posts to make here and that gets tiresome don't you think ?

I like Orlando I think their Downtown and the Lake Eola area is lovely as well as nearby Winter Park , and Windermere .. why am I not surprised that you do not like it .

Old 06-11-2009, 12:51 PM

1,344 posts, read 3,610,187 times
Why do you hang out on this forum so much if you're not from or living in Miami?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Newman View Post

I like Orlando I think their Downtown and the Lake Eola area is lovely as well as nearby Winter Park , and Windermere .. why am I not surprised that you do not like it .
I don't dislike Orlando, I just don't understand what the 'draw' is unless you like hot stagnant air in the summer or you are a huge Disney freak.

Old 06-11-2009, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Why do you hang out on this forum so much if you're not from or living in Miami?

I don't dislike Orlando, I just don't understand what the 'draw' is unless you like hot stagnant air in the summer or you are a huge Disney freak.
I live in Parkland , used to live in Weston and do not hate Miami as others on here do .... why do you hang out on this forum if you so do obviously dislike it down here .... cheap therapy ?

Old 06-11-2009, 03:11 PM

1,257 posts, read 3,433,515 times
Hey c'mon, don't quarrel, you're both gentleman.
Cuba Libre loves Miami, but it's a love-hate relationship.

Old 06-11-2009, 03:28 PM

2,168 posts, read 5,054,033 times
Quote:
Centrally located and easy to get to several different cities for weekend getaways. Easy access to 2 totally different coasts for beaches. Better job market (though still crap right now). Tons of attractions (yes the parks). Very nice walkable downtown area with lots of activity of the weekends, great nightlife (better than most people even know about), good restaurants, and much more affordable to go out. Obviously, the nightlife is not nearly as hot as Miami's, but what is? You could say that about every other city in America. There are plenty of bad things about Orlando, but I am just pointing out the positives since you are wondering what the draw is.

Old 06-11-2009, 05:01 PM

326 posts, read 1,170,045 times
Dear Mad Scientist

Yea the question is do you think their alike. Your reasons are traffic crime, road rage, espanol and a bunch of other big city problems. Even so the subjects you touched on are not even on the level of Miami.

You answer some of these questions for me. I ask again have you ever lived in Miami? Would you like to be called Captian Obvious maybe you earned the ranking of leutinant by now? You only talk of the similarities not the differences? Because if those subjects make think they are alike that means about half the cities in the U.S. are alike Orlando and Miami too? Why do you complain about the rudeness of the people on this board should'nt you be used to it because the people are so rude in Orlando?

Another thing I see that 8 people so far thing it's similar why are they not stating why if their so sure?

Old 06-11-2009, 05:44 PM

552 posts, read 592,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofykid View Post
Dear Mad Scientist

Yea the question is do you think their alike. Your reasons are traffic crime, road rage, espanol and a bunch of other big city problems. Even so the subjects you touched on are not even on the level of Miami.

You answer some of these questions for me. I ask again have you ever lived in Miami? Would you like to be called Captian Obvious maybe you earned the ranking of leutinant by now? You only talk of the similarities not the differences? Because if those subjects make think they are alike that means about half the cities in the U.S. are alike Orlando and Miami too? Why do you complain about the rudeness of the people on this board should'nt you be used to it because the people are so rude in Orlando?

Another thing I see that 8 people so far thing it's similar why are they not stating why if their so sure?
I'm not sure I was complaining about rude people on this board (?) Maybe I did but I forgot, so it must have not been a big deal. If you think the things I mentioned in Orlando arent even half as bad as they are in Miami, then you are right, Orlando has a long way to go to reach the status of a Miami. I dont like either one, for the reasons I mentioned, so arguing about which one is worse doesnt really matter to me. I agree that Miami is worse, but I dislike both, and would rather not live in either.

Old 06-12-2009, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
Centrally located and easy to get to several different cities for weekend getaways. Easy access to 2 totally different coasts for beaches. Better job market (though still crap right now). Tons of attractions (yes the parks). Very nice walkable downtown area with lots of activity of the weekends, great nightlife (better than most people even know about), good restaurants, and much more affordable to go out. Obviously, the nightlife is not nearly as hot as Miami's, but what is? You could say that about every other city in America. There are plenty of bad things about Orlando, but I am just pointing out the positives since you are wondering what the draw is.

Good post ... forgot to also mention Mount Dora , and Winter Park nearby as well as the Kennedy Space Center ... except for Kissimee and a few other "shady " areas I like Orlando and feel it is much more liveable than Miami .

Old 06-12-2009, 08:03 AM

12,384 posts, read 28,515,553 times
Eh... Miami dominates Orlando in cultural attractions, non kiddie amenities, beach, nightlife, restaurants, arts, fashion, education, business, etc. Pretty much every single category except Disney stuff...It is on another level, on par with Atl, Houston, Dallas ... Orlando is NOT. I don't want to live in either, but I can have an enjoyable time on a weekend in Miami... Orlando? I would go out of my mind. I've been to several conventions there, as well as AAU trips when I played baseball, and passing by, and nights out downtown...it sucks. I abhor touristy planned out corporate fun... so Orlando takes the cake in a bad place to visit for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami