Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 08:45 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,115,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinkagy View Post
Technically speaking, anything in Palm Beach, Broward or Miami-Dade counties are all in the Miami Metro Area, so they would technically be Miami suburbs as Miami is the host city, and these counties are within its metropolitan area. However, others say otherwise and split the Miami metro area into three areas: Miami, Fort Lauderdale, and West Palm Beach. It depends on who you ask. I've lived in all three counties, so to me it's all the same, Miami/South Florida/Miami Metro Area, it's all Miami.
This is also how the rest of the world see's it, when an urban area just runs together to me it's the biggest city's suburb!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 09:54 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,754,889 times
Best of the tri-county

1) Loxahatchee
2) Southwest ranches
3) Horse country
4) Redlands
5) sunkist estates

Worst

1) Liberty city/overtown
2) Doral
3) Hialeah
4) Florida City
5) Opa-locka

Most overrated

1) Weston
2) Coral Gables
3) Wliton Manors
4) Brickell
5) South Beach

Old 04-28-2009, 10:38 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,369,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinkagy View Post
Technically speaking, anything in Palm Beach, Broward or Miami-Dade counties are all in the Miami Metro Area, so they would technically be Miami suburbs as Miami is the host city, and these counties are within its metropolitan area. However, others say otherwise and split the Miami metro area into three areas: Miami, Fort Lauderdale, and West Palm Beach. It depends on who you ask. I've lived in all three counties, so to me it's all the same, Miami/South Florida/Miami Metro Area, it's all Miami.
Technically speaking this is incorrect. There is the South Florida metro area which is Miami/Fort lauderdale/Palm Beach

There is the Miami Metro area which are the areas within Dade county

There is the Miami-Fort Lauderdale metro area which are the areas of Dade and Broward county.

Also there is the Gold Coast megalopolis which also comprises all three counties.

NOTHING in Broward county falls under the Miami Metro area. A google search will show you this.

This will also explain what the metro area of Miami is, specifically page 2

Old 04-29-2009, 12:00 AM

326 posts, read 1,170,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
This is also how the rest of the world see's it, when an urban area just runs together to me it's the biggest city's suburb!
You asked a very vagued question. I would probally compare it to Dallas Metro in comparison theirs Dallas and Forth Worth their both cities and both have suburbs of their own. So why don't you ask what are the worst urban areas in Miami Metro then say Riviera Beach? But how could that be you think since Miamis metro everything else is suburb? Every county has their major city with their own suburbs. Not all metro's are the same.

As for these people saying that Overtown, Liberty City(urban areas) or anyother place in Miami proper are bad suburbs? What are these people on to even say that their suburbs? Hopefully they misread the Thread.

Miami Best Suburbs
1. Coral Gables
2. Aventura
3. Miami Lakes
4. Coral Way
5. South West Miami
Worst
1. Hialeah
2. Homestead
3. Goulds
4. Florida City
5. North Miami Beach

Ft. Lauderdale Best Suburbs
1.Weston
2. Coral Springs
3. Margate
4. Tamarac
5. Sunrise(by the mall)
Worst
1. Deerfield Beach
2. Pompano Beach
3. Hollywood
4. Miramar
5. Hallandale

West Palm Beach Best Suburbs
1. Palm Beach Gardens
2. Wellington
3. Boca Raton
4. Jupiter
5. Royal Palm Beach
Worst
1. Lantana
2. Greenacres
3. Lake Park
4. Boynton Beach (by I-95)
5. Delray Beach (by Seacrest)

Now their are many places worst than what I stated but those are all urban areas and against the topic at hand.

Old 04-29-2009, 10:35 AM

763 posts, read 3,533,563 times
Deerfield Beach is not bad at all, it's a nice suburban community.

Old 04-29-2009, 05:03 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,909,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofykid View Post

Miami Best Suburbs
1. Coral Gables
2. Aventura
3. Miami Lakes
4. Coral Way
5. South West Miami
Worst
1. Hialeah
2. Homestead
3. Goulds
4. Florida City
5. North Miami Beach

1.Weston
2. Coral Springs
3. Margate
4. Tamarac
5. Sunrise(by the mall)
Worst
1. Deerfield Beach
2. Pompano Beach
3. Hollywood
4. Miramar
5. Hallandale

1. Palm Beach Gardens
2. Wellington
3. Boca Raton
4. Jupiter
5. Royal Palm Beach
Worst
1. Lantana
2. Greenacres
3. Lake Park

Now their are many places worst than what I stated but those are all urban areas and against the topic at hand.
In my opinion, this is WAY off base! Most of your worst areas are average to good areas, and most of your best are also average areas. No way is Sunrise by the mall among the best or Miramar among the worst. Now going by "overall" reputation as far as "true" suburban areas I would rank it like this.

Miami Best Suburbs
1. Pinecrest
2. Palmetto Bay
3. East Kendall
4. Coral Gables
5. Miami Lakes/Aventura tie
Worst
1. Florida City
2. Miami Gardens/Opa-Locka tie
3. Goulds
4. Homestead
5. North Miami

1. Parkland
2. Weston
3. Cooper City
4. Coral Springs
5. West Pembroke Pines/West Miramar tie
Worst
1. Dania Beach (yuck!)
2. Oakland Park
3. Pompano Beach
4. Lauderdale Lakes
5. Lauderhill

1. Jupiter
2. Boca Raton
3. Wellington
4. Palm Beach Gardens
5. West Boynton
Worst
1. Riviera Beach (worst in all of South FL actually)
2. Lake Worth
3. East Boynton
4. Greenacres
5. Pockets of east Delray

Old 04-29-2009, 10:05 PM

Yea but I wouldn't put those places in like Riviera Beach, Lake Worth, Miami Gardens those are pretty urban areas heck Lake Worth gotta a downtown. And yes east Deerfield Beach and East Miramar round Miami Gardens and Carver Ranches are pretty scummy. See I don't see these places like which I immiedately thought of of like Lauderhill and so on because those are not suburbs to me. Do you consider the Traingle section of Opa Locka a suburb as well. It would be to easy to name some of these places because then you would just be naming the best and the worst neighborhoods in the counties outside the main city. The question does state the best and worst suburbs.

Old 04-29-2009, 10:17 PM

3,368 posts, read 11,673,266 times
A suburb is a suburb. It doesn't matter if that suburb has 50-story towers or single-family homes, it's nonetheless a suburb. Miami and Fort Lauderdale do not count because they are the "central cities."

Old 04-29-2009, 11:00 PM

294 posts, read 1,149,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofykid View Post
You asked a very vagued question. I would probally compare it to Dallas Metro in comparison theirs Dallas and Forth Worth their both cities and both have suburbs of their own. So why don't you ask what are the worst urban areas in Miami Metro then say Riviera Beach? But how could that be you think since Miamis metro everything else is suburb? Every county has their major city with their own suburbs. Not all metro's are the same.

As for these people saying that Overtown, Liberty City(urban areas) or anyother place in Miami proper are bad suburbs? What are these people on to even say that their suburbs? Hopefully they misread the Thread.

Miami Best Suburbs
1. Coral Gables
2. Aventura
3. Miami Lakes
4. Coral Way
5. South West Miami
Worst
1. Hialeah
2. Homestead
3. Goulds
4. Florida City
5. North Miami Beach

1.Weston
2. Coral Springs
3. Margate
4. Tamarac
5. Sunrise(by the mall)
Worst
1. Deerfield Beach
2. Pompano Beach
3. Hollywood
4. Miramar
5. Hallandale

1. Palm Beach Gardens
2. Wellington
3. Boca Raton
4. Jupiter
5. Royal Palm Beach
Worst
1. Lantana
2. Greenacres
3. Lake Park

Sorry, but this list is way too overgeneralized! There are some very good and and some very bad areas in the places you list. Hollywood, Miramar, and even Hallandale Beach have some very nice areas, as well as some very bad areas.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:00 AM

Too each his own but some places like Opa-Locka, Lake Worth, ect are too urban to be suburban. To me anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami