Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 09:15 AM

10 posts, read 18,498 times

Advertisements

First time poster here, I live in Homestead FL on and it has its good and bad, Went to campbell drive middle 2 years and homestead sr. high school 2 years. As a Philly native it took a lot of getting used to because schools down here weren't that great and some of the students weren't either, but I made a few good friends here and there. I used to live in Homestead Villages for a few years and it was a pretty decent community. I never really experienced much crime in that particular area.

I left Florida though midway through high school because I couldn't take it anymore here but I'm back now since 2008 helping with a family farm. Overall Homestead's not that bad it just takes some time getting used to in my opinion, not as lively as other places I've lived but it's peaceful and quiet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2009, 03:48 PM

19 posts, read 50,490 times
Is the economy in the good neighborhoods of the area showing signs of recovery?

My wife and I are interested in opening up two medical practices, one aesthetics and one family medicine.

Anyone with an opinion as to the possibility that the area can support an aesthetics and a family medicine practice?

Thanks in advance.

Old 08-18-2009, 03:52 PM

2,790 posts, read 6,128,900 times
Homestead has a new hospital in the Baptist Hospital system. I think there is enough people here for family medicine. Aesthetics - do you happen to utilize radiowave technology?? You could probably Google Homestead hospital and find info about this. Beautiful facilities!

Old 08-18-2009, 03:53 PM

Duh...there ARE enough people....

Old 08-18-2009, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boohowdoy View Post
First time poster here, I live in Homestead FL on and it has its good and bad, Went to campbell drive middle 2 years and homestead sr. high school 2 years. As a Philly native it took a lot of getting used to because schools down here weren't that great and some of the students weren't either, but I made a few good friends here and there. I used to live in Homestead Villages for a few years and it was a pretty decent community. I never really experienced much crime in that particular area.

I left Florida though midway through high school because I couldn't take it anymore here but I'm back now since 2008 helping with a family farm. Overall Homestead's not that bad it just takes some time getting used to in my opinion, not as lively as other places I've lived but it's peaceful and quiet.
I LIKE peaceful and quiet!!!

Old 08-18-2009, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plantlover View Post
Homestead has a new hospital in the Baptist Hospital system. I think there is enough people here for family medicine. Aesthetics - do you happen to utilize radiowave technology?? You could probably Google Homestead hospital and find info about this. Beautiful facilities!

I do use some radiowave and some lasers, but at this point I'm more interested in having my own practice than working out of a hospital.

Working close to it would be a plus though.

Do yo think the local economy can afford elective aesthetic procedures?

Thanks

Old 08-18-2009, 04:08 PM

I'm not in the position to answer your question. I would like to, but I just don't know. I will do a little searching and put up a link to the cities' Web site. Not sure if this would be helpful but you might contact the mayor. Perhaps she knows someone who could help you.

Old 08-18-2009, 04:10 PM

Here is the linkCity of Homestead

Old 08-18-2009, 04:13 PM

Thanks Plantlover, I appreciate the help.

Old 08-26-2009, 06:44 AM

8,289 posts, read 23,111,797 times
So could you say Homestead is an up and coming area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami