Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 08:41 AM

3,089 posts, read 8,508,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk22 View Post
Nobody goes out consciously thinking they want to meet an Asian person.
I do
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2008, 09:47 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,303,913 times
Just last week one of my coworkers was involved in a Dragon Boat Race in Biscane Bay. He said they had at least 30 teams competing, like they do every year. Did anyone hear about it? I wouldn't have know if he hadn't told me. I work with a lot of CHinese so I see Orientals every day. In fact, the only two languages I hear at work are English and Chinese. How many people can say that in Miami?
Another poster mentioned the reason you don't see any Orientals on the beach. The reason is that they don't want thier skin to get dark. Orientals have the same view of beauty as Americans did half a century ago: White is beautiful. The whiter your skin the more beautiful you are. They sell so many skin whiting products in Japan that many times I see girls over there with skin whiter than mine. When my sister in law came to visit us last summer she was practically a shutin because she didn't want to go out in the sun and have it damage (darken) her skin.

Old 06-09-2008, 11:19 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,744,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Just last week one of my coworkers was involved in a Dragon Boat Race in Biscane Bay. He said they had at least 30 teams competing, like they do every year. Did anyone hear about it? I wouldn't have know if he hadn't told me. I work with a lot of CHinese so I see Orientals every day. In fact, the only two languages I hear at work are English and Chinese. How many people can say that in Miami?
Another poster mentioned the reason you don't see any Orientals on the beach. The reason is that they don't want thier skin to get dark. Orientals have the same view of beauty as Americans did half a century ago: White is beautiful. The whiter your skin the more beautiful you are. They sell so many skin whiting products in Japan that many times I see girls over there with skin whiter than mine. When my sister in law came to visit us last summer she was practically a shutin because she didn't want to go out in the sun and have it damage (darken) her skin.
No wonder people say that they are smart!

Old 06-09-2008, 11:59 AM

346 posts, read 1,341,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
I do
I just can't help it myself. Believe it or not, my workplace has many many Asians and it's a high tech company. So, I see them constantly.

Old 06-09-2008, 06:55 PM

763 posts, read 3,532,315 times
Quote:
I just can't help it myself. Believe it or not, my workplace has many many Asians and it's a high tech company. So, I see them constantly.
Where in Miami? I know a lot of there are a lot of Asians in Doral, and I see Asians every day in the area.

Old 06-09-2008, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinkagy View Post
Where in Miami? I know a lot of there are a lot of Asians in Doral, and I see Asians every day in the area.
I don't live in Miami. They're in the Ft. Lauderdale area. In Dade, most of the Asians live in Homestead. They're more like farm owners and supply lots of the US with fruits and vegetables that Asians normally find in their home country.

Old 06-09-2008, 08:07 PM

483 posts, read 1,544,536 times
If you look hard enough there are asians enerywhere. lol
I can go to Westland mall in the middle of Hialeah and find an asian, besides the fact that my neighbor and really good friend is asian.
My workplace in Doral has a couple of asian engineers in groups that routine our offices.

Old 06-09-2008, 08:22 PM

483 posts, read 1,544,536 times
Quote:
I don't live in Miami. They're in the Ft. Lauderdale area. In Dade, most of the Asians live in Homestead. They're more like farm owners and supply lots of the US with fruits and vegetables that Asians normally find in their home country.
Most of Dades asians don't live in Homestead. Like I already mentioned, by looking at population figures both in number and percentage by municipalities and neighborhood the majority in Dade concentrate in Southwestern Dade from Pinecrest, Hammocks and Kendall. Then the Northeastern area especially NMB. But Doral has the highest in South Florida actually.

Old 06-10-2008, 10:22 AM

763 posts, read 3,532,315 times
Quote:
No, actually most Asians in Miami live in and around Doral, North Miami Beach, Kendall and Palmetto Bay. Just by looking at the numbers, Doral is like 6% of 7% Asian, and that's a pretty high number.

Old 06-10-2008, 11:03 AM

They must be counting the Indians as well because their country is in Asia too. I didn't realize Doral had that high of percentage. I should have said, most of the Asians I know live in the Homestead area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami