Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 10:10 PM

31 posts, read 118,891 times

Advertisements

What's the deal with all those buildings? My dad wants to move there, but I heard someone say some are only at half occupancy. Is the whole area a failed experiment? Seemed like a good idea on the surface I guess, but the units all seem so expensive...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2008, 10:13 PM

28 posts, read 39,119 times
I can't imagine living there... the condos are new and all, but Kendall is technically a suburb and I don't think high density living is 'worth' living in Kendall. I bet those condos are way overpriced for where they are located.

Old 06-04-2008, 10:18 PM

3,368 posts, read 11,689,984 times
Not a failed experiment at all. They command pretty high rents because of the prime location (US1/Kendall Drive across from Dadeland and the MetroRail stop that takes you downtown in about 15 minutes) and the fact that they are very nice inside. It is a very nice area and they probably attract a very high class group of professionals. I would consider it if I were you. As a plus, they have nice, unobstructed views in all directions (to the skyline, to the Bay, etc.) because they're the tallest buildings around.

Old 06-04-2008, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
Not a failed experiment at all. They command pretty high rents because of the prime location (US1/Kendall Drive across from Dadeland and the MetroRail stop that takes you downtown in about 15 minutes) and the fact that they are very nice inside. It is a very nice area and they probably attract a very high class group of professionals. I would consider it if I were you. As a plus, they have nice, unobstructed views in all directions (to the skyline, to the Bay, etc.) because they're the tallest buildings around.
It is for my dad, not me. But thanks. I guess it is just kind of weird, this notion of high density living in what is basically the main example of suburbia in Miami. Although I will say, I think the whole East Kendall/Dadeland area is great, especially the closer you are to US1. Maybe its not so bad, these towers.

Old 06-05-2008, 07:38 AM

546 posts, read 2,151,163 times
It's a pretty good location, I have a friend who lives there and loves how it's close to everything. Close to the Palmetto, US 1, South Miami, Coconut Grove and not too far from Downtown on the Metrorail. The units are nice and not as near as expensive as Brickell of course. Definitely not as suburban as West Kendall.

Old 06-05-2008, 08:52 AM

west kendall is the pits IMO

Old 06-05-2008, 09:47 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,499,416 times
The condos are in a great location close to so many things. East Kendall isn't as crowded as West Kendall is. Yes it is a suburb, but East Kendall is close to so many things.

I have heard that the condos are pretty empty. But that could be a nice thing, no neighbors no noise.

Old 06-05-2008, 11:12 AM

286 posts, read 1,083,661 times
Very convenient, walking to stores, restaurants.
Bus stop, metro and the Palmetto is just across the street
I work close to the airport and sometimes make it in 7-9 minutes
You can get a good deal if you shop around in advance.

Old 06-05-2008, 11:14 AM

2,517 posts, read 11,068,619 times
you heard correct. The main developer of the actual "downtown dadeland" condo went bankrupt and defaulted on loans. The other new buildings there are half empty with MANY people going through foreclosure. Remember....these highrises were built at the PEAK of real estate prices and 80% of the people bought them out of pure speculation only to "flip". Now they are stuck and sinking fast as their ARM's reset.

See for yourself : Downtown Dadeland Project Developer Goes Bust » Miami Condos For Sale | Miami Real Estate | Brickell & Miami Condos Blog

Old 06-05-2008, 01:21 PM

763 posts, read 3,538,065 times
It is not failed at all, if anything, they're very successful. That whole area has Metrorail stations, and a good retail scene and everything you need at your door or a train ride away. The good thing about Dadeland is you can live without a car, which many parts of Miami aren't like that.

Last edited by kevinkagy; 06-05-2008 at 01:53 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami