Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 10:04 PM

2,071 posts, read 7,684,171 times

Advertisements

umm...the wize one doesn't know what he's talking about when referring to N Miami---please don't take all his comments seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2007, 08:02 AM

1,499 posts, read 4,832,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloNY View Post
Does anyone have any ideas on safe areas around Miami? Is Kendall safe? I'm looking for a managable commute to downtown, but have kids and want some safety?

Speaking of that, are the gated communities any safer? If so, what would it take to buy in one of those. Thanks for you help.
"Safe areas" and "Miami" do not go together in the same sentence.

Safe areas in Miami is an Oxymoron. Sorry.

Old 04-03-2007, 08:05 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,754,889 times
Besides you're never safe from the ultimate criminals....TEAM METRO!

Old 04-03-2007, 09:38 AM

7 posts, read 50,764 times
Default I was born in lil haiti and raised in north miami

I would know how it is North miami is not too far from lil haiti and the blocks is mainly the same It's like a damn gangsta scene

I hated it there

I currently livin in Hialeah it's way better livin there more quiet place to live

Old 04-03-2007, 12:31 PM

2,071 posts, read 7,684,171 times
Lightbulb La Petite Haïti is not North Miami

Little Haiti's boundaries are roughly as follows: to the north, 85th Street, to the west, Miami Avenue, to the east, Biscayne Boulevard (U.S. Route 1), and to the south, Northeast 36th Street

Have you ever ventured into Biscayne Park, or gone east of Biscayne Blvd on Sans Souci Blvd, or ventured further north on Biscayne Blvd and turned right at Ixora Rd?

There you will see nice neighborhoods

I invite you to check them out someday in order to change your thinking that all of North Miami is wasteland.

Old 04-06-2007, 12:21 PM

176 posts, read 647,076 times
Biscayne Park is a very very nice neighborhood and has a tree-lined feel amongst its streets....its the kind of place where the neighbors will call the police when they see a car parked out on a sidewalk..and the police are very responsive...predominantly IMO WASP and well-off Cubans

Old 04-06-2007, 12:24 PM

176 posts, read 647,076 times
N Miami is a ****hole..but that still doesn't stop me from going to Luna Star...or the Starbucks across the way..by art museum. The only part of N Miami that is nice is Ixora Rd and Keystone Point....you can also make a case for N Miami's version of "The Roads"..aka ne 16 ave and 131 rd, 132 rd (the roads run a wavy course but empty back out into the ghetto), etc but I dunno...

Old 04-06-2007, 10:48 PM

158 posts, read 647,357 times
I've only lived here for a lil over a year and havent had any experience with crime. I live in Hialeah wich is realitively safe, very little crime. I am the type of person that go to south beach and the downtown clubs every so often and have always felt safe, I really dont know what makes so much people on this forum specifically talk so much Sh** (theres no more words for it) Miami is safe for those that say its an oxymoron just stay out of the ghettos wich is where most of it happens every where else you dont here about crime only once in a while, probaly a car jacking and then a break-in in 5 months later and thats it for an average resident in the suburbs and city out of the ghettos and where the poor live. The bashers in this forum are ridiculous because their soo narrow minded, no one should come here for advice on moving because your just gonna get people that are gonna say miami is crime and drugs and its not true.

Old 04-07-2007, 07:57 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,463,765 times
If Miami is so safe why then is Miami-Dade County ranked #11 as most dangerous metro area? I don't live in the ghetto, actually I live 2 miles west of Pinecrest ($500,000 to well over a million dollars area) and yes crime happens in my neighborhood. I hate to say it but it is true, crime happens in good areas not just the ghetto. If you go to miamidade.gov you can locate your area and pull up the crimes that have happened, I am sure you will find some crime in your neighborhood that you were not aware of.

You fortunatley have not experienced Miami yet (you have only lived here a year),I have lived here my whole life. To say that people who tell the truth about Miami are bashers (or people who talk so much Sh**) or they are narrow minded is just wrong, we are not the narrow minded ones on here...You said Miami is safe, that statement is being narrow minded. To think just because crime hasn't happend to you, well Miami must be safe, is stupid, but you are intitled to live life like this if you choose to.

Old 04-07-2007, 12:30 PM

183 posts, read 568,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
If Miami is so safe why then is Miami-Dade County ranked #11 as most dangerous metro area? I don't live in the ghetto, actually I live 2 miles west of Pinecrest ($500,000 to well over a million dollars area) and yes crime happens in my neighborhood. I hate to say it but it is true, crime happens in good areas not just the ghetto. If you go to miamidade.gov you can locate your area and pull up the crimes that have happened, I am sure you will find some crime in your neighborhood that you were not aware of.

You fortunatley have not experienced Miami yet (you have only lived here a year),I have lived here my whole life. To say that people who tell the truth about Miami are bashers (or people who talk so much Sh**) or they are narrow minded is just wrong, we are not the narrow minded ones on here...You said Miami is safe, that statement is being narrow minded. To think just because crime hasn't happend to you, well Miami must be safe, is stupid, but you are intitled to live life like this if you choose to.
Since the start of this year, how many crimes occured in your own neighbourhood, and what type of crimes.
Also, how many murders or other serious violence occured in your own neighbourhood in the past two years. Tell about it. Do not include the guys that murder the wife or vice versa, or any other domestic violence, that's their busuness.
And if it's gang on gang or drug related it dont count.
And what's your area. Zip would be helpfull. I wish all would put their zip so ppl can know where they are talking about. Mine is 19144 in Philly. Good and bad areas, black with some white and Jew. Germantown, a historical part of Philadelphia. Middle income and working class ppl.

Last edited by Tjam; 04-07-2007 at 12:41 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami