Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 05:42 PM

929 posts, read 1,157,248 times

Advertisements

i saw alot more violence in LA than i have here. you dont get tons of random crimes on random people here like in LA.
if i wanted to help someone on the side of the turnpike i feel like i could assume they wouldnt kill me, maybe not know my language, but not kill me.
however i have noticed the ratio of population to car accidents is dramatically different here. there isnt anywhere near the number of people here as in LA but theres the same or greater amount of accidents. we just saw one coming back from church today as it happened and see them about everywhere we go. i drove by the one today and asked if the woman wanted to take the disposable camera i keep in my car for accidents for insurance purposes but she didnt know english.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2007, 12:35 AM

26 posts, read 126,687 times
i felt safer in miami than i do in my hometown in nj, but i think thats because i was living in coral gables and here im in a semi-ghetto. so, that taints things. but i definitely never felt like my safety was threatened, even hanging out at the clubs late at night, except for this one place in the ghetto.

generally though, i think if you live in a nice secure area, and dont go wandering around by yourself at night (common sense) in downtown, then its fine. it depends on what you're comparing it to.

stay out of the area between hialeah and the beach (i think its the north 70's). I've driven through there and lets just say i would not want my car breaking down there.

so yeah, coral gables seems pretty safe to me, pinecrest is supposed to be too. brickell has big secure high-rises and looks like a wannabe park ave. the area on the bay behind us 1 between brickell and coconut grove (i believe its called the roads) is very nice, and seems rather safe also.

just be prepared to spend A LOT.

Old 01-10-2007, 02:20 AM

5 posts, read 19,342 times
coral gables? north miami? north miami beach? WTF excuse my language? LOL

if you want something safe consider west pembroke pines, cooper city.. It's a bit farther to downtown but your kids will be safe in good schools

Old 01-10-2007, 05:59 AM

929 posts, read 1,157,248 times
dude isnt cooper city that small city off tamiami by the fanboat rides?

Old 02-16-2007, 08:04 AM

150 posts, read 426,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyDog View Post
I've never had any safety problems ever living in Miami, and this includes while working in bad neighborhoods and partying into the wee hours of the night in the Grove, not just sitting at home in front of the computer. Then again 2 things about me #1) I can bench press 400 pounds and #2) I LOOK like a guy that can bench press 400 pounds. Maybe it's different if you're a woman or a kid or a pencil necked guy. But no safety problems that I personally can report.
LOL! Most of the problems I've had have come when I am with guys like you. Some little Napoleonic jackass will get drunk, think he can take my buddy and start trouble. I've got two friends who are both huge, and cool. But both always have normal sized guys messing with them. HAHA.

Sorry, didn't mean to jack the thread, just thought that was kinda funny.

Anyways, I agree with you. I always hang out in Coconut Grove, and on occasion have been completely wasted at Moe's or in the tavern, and I have never had a problem. My parents moved to Key Biscayne in 1977 when I was an infant, so I have watched Miami change quite a bit. As for safe, you can't beat Key Biscayne. And it's a great commute to Downtown Miami, 20 minutes at most. And the school there may be the best in the county. You should definately visit down here, talk to the police where you are thinking of buying, talk to a real estate agent whom you trust.

Old 02-16-2007, 08:28 PM

14 posts, read 93,004 times
Safety And Miami Dont Go Toghether...forget About It

Old 02-17-2007, 01:02 AM

1,308 posts, read 3,401,890 times
Born and raised here and the only problem that I've had was when I was 17 years old someone tried to break into my car in the middle of the night. The car alarm went off and they took off. I think that I have been very lucky. Most of the murders and home invasion robberies here are drug related. There are a lot of burglaries both to vehicles as well as residential and commercial. Best to stay away from the downtown, Opa Locka, Liberty City, Carol City/Miami Gardens, Overtown, Allapatah, Little Havanna areas. I would not relocate here especially if I had or was planning to have a family. I'm here because I'm anchored with family, schools, jobs, friends, etc... I am still considering getting out of here even though financially it wouldn't be very smart. Also, my wife likes it here and my seven year old cries whenever I mention moving. I know that it will only get worse.

Old 03-08-2007, 12:50 PM

1 posts, read 4,732 times
Unhappy Moving from Chicago to Miami

Anyone know about Miami Gardens city, my husband I apply for a job, there is it safe for kids, we are coming from the suburbs of chicago, I have a 13 and 4 year old, can anybody tell me about this city and the police job they are hiring for that city.

Old 03-08-2007, 08:56 PM

2,987 posts, read 10,135,910 times
Which suburb are you coming from?

Miami Gardens is a newly incorporated city out of NW Miami Dade County. It has high poverty and high crime. Most people try to move out of Miami Gardens if they have children. I know the young city is having financial problems, there is mostly residential areas to it. I believe the PD is on the verge of bankrupcy and they are considering going back to Metro Dade PD police protection. Check out google for Miami Gardens and you will see what the place is really about.

Old 04-02-2007, 09:52 PM

7 posts, read 50,759 times
NoN Safe Areas In Miami Liberty City,Carol City,Lil Havana,Lil Haiti,And North Miami who ever tells you these areas are safe ain't never lived there or never heard of these places
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami